HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
Even thouh theres a new head coach in Frolunda, nothing has changed with Collberg and the ice time he should get. Starting on 4th line today. Probably should have stayed in the AHL, at least he would get the icetime there.
Really?! I thought he would get more ice now that he had a coach he played and seemed to have good chemistry with. Collberg should definitely go to Hamilton, I doubt the low minutes on a 4th line would be worth it.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Et le But

If anything it's a wake up call that he needs to work harder. Tough love isn't a bad thing.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Even thouh theres a new head coach in Frolunda, nothing has changed with Collberg and the ice time he should get. Starting on 4th line today. Probably should have stayed in the AHL, at least he would get the icetime there.
If he builds his way into the 3rd or 2nd line that will just show that he should be ready next year. If it isn't the case, well ****!

I agree with what Franck said.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

It may be the 4th line on paper but he's getting time out there with Wennberg.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
It may be the 4th line on paper but he's getting time out there with Wennberg.
I really wanted Wennberg at the draft

Old
10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
I really wanted Wennberg at the draft
Wennberg wants you too:

He's staring into your soul.

But yeah, Wennberg would've been awesome.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Tyson

Collberg has a long way to go. He looked lost at camp. I was actually pretty disappointed in his showing.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Collberg has a long way to go. He looked lost at camp. I was actually pretty disappointed in his showing.
Yeah. Great prospect but he got overrated here by a lot of people. Pretty good chance he ends up being a nice top 6 winger for us at some point but I think he's still 2 years away. This year in Sweden, then a year with the Dogs

Old
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
LeMAD

The question I'm asking myself about Collberg, and maybe some of the Swedish guys in here could answer it: regardless of his bad start this season, does he has the tools to create space for himself and not being outmuscled in the NHL?

He seems like an average skater, with pretty average hands (with the exception of a few shootout moves) and subpar intensity. Not the most creative player either.

Old
10-08-2013, 03:34 PM
KRM

Quote:
He played 18:02 that game, tied for third most ice time among forward. Not that he deserved it though. He has sucked balls since returning from Montreal. Such a stupid decision on both Sebastian and the Montreal brass to bring him over when everyone with insight could've told them he was far from ready, and it screwed up all the good chemistry he had built with Wennberg during the pre-season.

Anyhow, took five games before they started clicking again, Collberg assisted Wennberg on two goals. But he's not playing very well overall, good in the offensive zone but like Cristopher Columbus trying to find the East Indies in the defensive zone. Only positive note is that he's trying to hit more since returning from North America.

Old
10-08-2013, 03:53 PM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
He played 18:02 that game, tied for third most ice time among forward. Not that he deserved it though. He has sucked balls since returning from Montreal. Such a stupid decision on both Sebastian and the Montreal brass to bring him over when everyone with insight could've told them he was far from ready, and it screwed up all the good chemistry he had built with Wennberg during the pre-season.

Anyhow, took five games before they started clicking again, Collberg assisted Wennberg on two goals. But he's not playing very well overall, good in the offensive zone but like Cristopher Columbus trying to find the East Indies in the defensive zone. Only positive note is that he's trying to hit more since returning from North America.
Thanks for the update man. I would love to hear more from you as the season in Sweden progresses.

Old
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

thanks as per usual KRM. I wonder if his knee is still bothering him.

Old
10-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Geez at this point, you think that his best way to have learned the game was not the CHL......Seems to me like a kid who wanted to be a man at 13 years old...In the CHL, he would have been great offensively, keeping the confidence way up AND learning the defensive aspect of the game with tons of icetime 'cause he'd still be a top 6 on any team. Now, he gets exposed immensely and he can't catch up as the rhythm is really fast and the league is really strong. I hope he gets it going....not being able to develop him would be terrible news and would totally be wasting an incredible asset.

Old
10-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Et le But

Well, at least he's producing even while playing badly. Maybe the CHL would have been the best bet for him.

Either way...I think at this point this best thing to do is leave him alone in Sweden for now.

Old
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
KRM

Good game by Collberg today, he's starting to get back in to it.

Old
10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Does this mean the sky isn't falling?

Old
10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Thank goodness, I was starting to worry.

Old
10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

Quote:

bahahahahah, damn that's hilarious!

that's pretty much what he looked like during Habs training camp. This guy should have played in the CHL

Old
10-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Does this mean the sky isn't falling?
i know ELB , its just not fair

Old
10-11-2013, 12:21 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Good to hear! Did you notice De la Rose at all?

Old
10-15-2013, 05:02 PM
KRM

Collberg with a nice assist today, due to injury Wennberg been promoted to the first line the last two games, so Collberg is playing with Evan McGrath as centre and Carolina draftee Erik Karlsson on the LW. He's looked better and better these past few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Good to hear! Did you notice De la Rose at all?
No, he wasn't very active in that game.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

http://www.shl.se/shl-arena/38542/

Collberg is #49 red

Old
10-15-2013, 05:55 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

For whatever reasons, people as always been too high on Collberg. This kid still isn't able to produce in the SHL; when does is he suppose to be a force offensively in the NHL?

Old
10-15-2013, 10:30 PM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
I must be one of the few people around here that isn't impressed with Collberg, at this point. His play in the couple of Habs exhibition games that I saw this year was just so-so. He hasn't dominated at the Swedish Elite league level yet, so I have to say he's more of a project than a prospect at this time. When I looked at his team's roster, I was disappointed to see 2 players a few months younger than him that have more points than him [Andreas Johnson has 13 points to lead the team & Alexander Wenberg has 6 points] compared to Collberg's 3 points. Mind you he's played 5 fewer games.

But his stats over the past few seasons don't show much to get me excited either. I don't see a dominate season anywhere, which is what I expect from a European player who's poised and ready to start playing in the NHL. So I'm predicting he's going to need the rest of this season then 1-2 more seasons in Sweden before he can show he's ready to play overseas, if it ever happens. I do hope it will because the Habs can use more depth at forward in the next 2-3 seasons.

Old
10-15-2013, 11:09 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
I must be one of the few people around here that isn't impressed with Collberg, at this point. His play in the couple of Habs exhibition games that I saw this year was just so-so. He hasn't dominated at the Swedish Elite league level yet, so I have to say he's more of a project than a prospect at this time. When I looked at his team's roster, I was disappointed to see 2 players a few months younger than him that have more points than him [Andreas Johnson has 13 points to lead the team & Alexander Wenberg has 6 points] compared to Collberg's 3 points. Mind you he's played 5 fewer games.

But his stats over the past few seasons don't show much to get me excited either. I don't see a dominate season anywhere, which is what I expect from a European player who's poised and ready to start playing in the NHL. So I'm predicting he's going to need the rest of this season then 1-2 more seasons in Sweden before he can show he's ready to play overseas, if it ever happens. I do hope it will because the Habs can use more depth at forward in the next 2-3 seasons.
I'm sure we aren't alone.
Watching him with Dogs, World Jr, Habs pre-season, I haven't been impressed at all. And looking at his stats, I'm ...

Closed Thread