HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The all about Yakupov thread [Mod Warning Post #688]

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
today on TSN they said that the Oilers are realizing that if they want a good goalie they will have to deal one of their young guns
Tsn is **** for hockey
And
No goalie is worth Yak Hall Ebs or RNH

Old
10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Oilers View Post
Tsn is **** for hockey
And
In your mind maybe.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
In your mind maybe.
No it's just basic knowledge

Old
10-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Pekka Rinne
#NinetySeven

Is there any type of proof or sources that Yak has a bad attitude? Or is it people just commenting cause he is russian? From everything ive read he is the hardest working player on the Oilers...

Old
10-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
today on TSN they said that the Oilers are realizing that if they want a good goalie they will have to deal one of their young guns
The same TSN that reported Iginla was a Bruin at last years trade deadline?

The same TSN that reported the Oilers were dangling Eberle + Hemsky (who was still considered a first liner at the time) at the 2010 draft to get 2nd overall despite A) Eberle being the guest of honour at the Oilers draft party at Rexall Place, and B) later on Oil Change we see Tambellini inquiring about 4th overall, the Jackets asking for Eberle and Tambo hanging up chuckling "they asked for him, they asked for Eberle."

Sorry if I don't soak up the T.O. based propaganda they spew night in, night out, but the only guy with any credibility on there is LeBrun. Dreger is nearly as much a hack as Eklund.

I'd also like to point out to some that this supposed "attitude" thing has really taken a life of its own based on one horrible Edmonton reporter (Joanne Ireland) who rarely has her facts straight to begin with, making something out of nothing. Somehow this has morphed into some Russian Twitter source saying he's bolting back to Russia despite Yakupov and his agent saying they've never heard of the guy, nor would they even consider it.

At the end of the day we have a coach with ZERO previous NHL experience who clearly doesn't know how to look at video, because if he did, he might watch the final 10 games from last season where Hall and Yak were put together. The same 10 games where Yak went 8-2-10 and was +6. The 2 may have had 3 shifts together all year (not including PP). When a coach has shown next to no success, maybe it's time for him to adapt to what has worked, instead of getting a player to adapt to something that hasn't.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:33 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
No it's just basic knowledge
So you really believe that no goalie is worth any of the Oilers young guns?

hmmmm maybe thats why it seems the Oilers are doomed for many more lottery picks

Not willing to move any to get the D help needed and/or not willing to move any for a real starter has been a bad move.

They could move any 1 other than Hall for what they need and be better for it. As of right now only Hall looks to be what a 1st overall should be. So if they wait a year or 2 and RNH looks to be a 60 point C and Yak looks to be a 1 dimensional 30 goal scorer then the Oilers will get no where near what they could by moving them now.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:

hmmmm maybe thats why it seems the Oilers are doomed for many more lottery picks

Not willing to move any to get the D help needed and/or not willing to move any for a real starter has been a bad move.

They could move any 1 other than Hall for what they need and be better for it. As of right now only Hall looks to be what a 1st overall should be. So if they wait a year or 2 and RNH looks to be a 60 point C and Yak looks to be a 1 dimensional 30 goal scorer then the Oilers will get no where near what they could by moving them now.
So TO can give a backup goalie a 3rd liner and second pick fo bernier
But EDM can't do it makes sense hey.
Or how about
Voukon for a seventh?
Or a top 10 goalie in Schneider for a 9th overall pick

Oh and RNH a 60 point C your kidding right he scored 60 in his rookie season and has 3points in 5 and has in created his F/O by 10%+

Old
10-15-2013, 10:40 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

The same TSN that reported the Oilers were dangling Eberle + Hemsky (who was still considered a first liner at the time) at the 2010 draft to get 2nd overall despite A) Eberle being the guest of honour at the Oilers draft party at Rexall Place, and B) later on Oil Change we see Tambellini inquiring about 4th overall, the Jackets asking for Eberle and Tambo hanging up chuckling "they asked for him, they asked for Eberle."

Sorry if I don't soak up the T.O. based propaganda they spew night in, night out, but the only guy with any credibility on there is LeBrun. Dreger is nearly as much a hack as Eklund.

I'd also like to point out to some that this supposed "attitude" thing has really taken a life of its own based on one horrible Edmonton reporter (Joanne Ireland) who rarely has her facts straight to begin with, making something out of nothing. Somehow this has morphed into some Russian Twitter source saying he's bolting back to Russia despite Yakupov and his agent saying they've never heard of the guy, nor would they even consider it.

At the end of the day we have a coach with ZERO previous NHL experience who clearly doesn't know how to look at video, because if he did, he might watch the final 10 games from last season where Hall and Yak were put together. The same 10 games where Yak went 8-2-10 and was +6. The 2 may have had 3 shifts together all year (not including PP). When a coach has shown next to no success, maybe it's time for him to adapt to what has worked, instead of getting a player to adapt to something that hasn't.
I think it was pretty clear that Eakins knows Yak can score. Eakins wants and NEEDS his best players to place importance on both ends of the rink. Yak was a D zone coaster in jr too, as much as I hated Hall at least he busted his ass in the D zone. If Dallas goes back to allowing them to put up points but not playing a 200ft game the Oilers will never become a winning team. So would you rather be a winning team or have the most goals for?

Old
10-15-2013, 10:45 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
So TO can give a backup goalie a 3rd liner and second pick fo bernier
But EDM can't do it makes sense hey.
Or how about
Voukon for a seventh?
Or a top 10 goalie in Schneider for a 9th overall pick

Oh and RNH a 60 point C your kidding right he scored 60 in his rookie season and has 3points in 5 and has in created his F/O by 10%+.
I never said that did I, what I said was if the Oilers want to get a top starter its going to cost them big. 1st off who is available? 2nd Everyone knows the Oilers are looking so they will pay more. Its a sellers market right now, any team who has a quality starter that can be moved can say I want this , this or this or no deal. Its up to the Oilers to pay up or shut up. The blood is in the water and the Oilers have a ton of good meat and the other teams know they are the ones who need to make a trade.

Everyone knows that what NJ gave for Schneider was NOT fair value.
The Oilers are the Nucks and the team with the goalie is NJ so to speak, too bad that the Oilers didn't pay up for Schneider.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
I think it was pretty clear that Eakins knows Yak can score. Eakins wants and NEEDS his best players to place importance on both ends of the rink. Yak was a D zone coaster in jr too, as much as I hated Hall at least he busted his ass in the D zone. If Dallas goes back to allowing them to put up points but not playing a 200ft game the Oilers will never become a winning team. So would you rather be a winning team or have the most goals for?
Oh kinda like OV is good in the D zone right? No I didn't think so

Old
10-15-2013, 10:52 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Oh kinda like OV is good in the D zone right? No I didn't think so
is Yak OV? no didn't think so.
Have you watched OV lately? I think not! he backchecks fairly well and skates hard away from the puck.

Any how we all know what the Oilers situation is and as a hockey fan I am sorry your team blows right now.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
ResilientBeast
MLD Draft Czar

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

I agree 100%

Quote:

Trading RNH the center we've been desperately waiting for is showing us why he went first overall. Quick lets trade him.

Quote:
I never said that did I, what I said was if the Oilers want to get a top starter its going to cost them big. 1st off who is available? 2nd Everyone knows the Oilers are looking so they will pay more. Its a sellers market right now, any team who has a quality starter that can be moved can say I want this , this or this or no deal. Its up to the Oilers to pay up or shut up. The blood is in the water and the Oilers have a ton of good meat and the other teams know they are the ones who need to make a trade.

Everyone knows that what NJ gave for Schneider was NOT fair value.
The Oilers are the Nucks and the team with the goalie is NJ so to speak, too bad that the Oilers didn't pay up for Schneider.

Isn't it common knowledge by now that we offered quite a bit more than New Jersey and Vancouver just wasn't willing to keep him in the division.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Remember2004

Yaks to Calgary??? Very Very low chance but what would it take?

Old
10-15-2013, 11:00 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

Quote:
Tsn is **** for hockey
And
you wouldn't trade a big name++ for someone like Lundqvist or Quick?

Old
10-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
is Yak OV? no didn't think so.
Have you watched OV lately? I think not! he backchecks fairly well and skates hard away from the puck.

Any how we all know what the Oilers situation is and as a hockey fan I am sorry your team blows right now.
Yak and OV play the same exact style and OV never backchecks
But whatever you think the only thing the oil need is a decent goalie like a neuvirth or hiller

Old
10-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Eb
TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Isn't it common knowledge by now that we offered quite a bit more than New Jersey and Vancouver just wasn't willing to keep him in the division.
What did they offer for him?

Old
10-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
you wouldn't trade a big name++ for someone like Lundqvist or Quick?
I would offer a couple first round picks and a prospect or something kinda close to what kessel value was even though he's not goalie

Old
10-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
What did they offer for him?
7th 2nd and a prospect

Old
10-15-2013, 11:05 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

Quote:
I would offer a couple first round picks and a prospect or something kinda close to what kessel value was even though he's not goalie
jesus, that's cheap.

if i'm getting this right... you'd want more if you're trading Yakupov than you'd be willing to give for an all-star goalie?

Old
10-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
jesus, that's cheap.

if i'm getting this right... you'd want more if you're trading Yakupov than you'd be willing to give for an all-star goalie?
****ing rights
Forwards are wirth more than goalies

Old
10-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Yak and OV play the same exact style and OV never backchecks
But whatever you think the only thing the oil need is a decent goalie like a neuvirth or hiller
Except Ovechkin actually has the frame to backup that style of play and actually produces...

Old
10-15-2013, 11:21 PM
ResilientBeast
MLD Draft Czar

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Except Ovechkin actually has the frame to backup that style of play and actually produces...
Okay, most Oilers fans don't think Yak is like OV we know that. But Yak is in his second NHL season and first full season. If he fails to produce after next season, then you can make comments about his production.

Old
10-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yak has a higher compete level and is strong on his skates and Ovie didn't score through his first 5 or so games last year

Old
10-15-2013, 11:22 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Tsn is **** for hockey
And
America trades:
ESPN/ESPN 2