HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers - Jets

Old
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Flyers - Jets

I follow the Jets by living here and this is my idea for a hockey trade for both teams, and note I'm not a Buff fan.

Flyers -Buff
Jets - Coburn, Simmer.

Gives the Flyers that puck moving d with a big RH shot for PP. Gives Jets a big LH Dman to play with Bogo and gives them their biggest need IMO which is a physical top 6 fwd that can be the net front PP guy that they lack. Jets may add a roster player to offset salary.

What you think ?

Other options could be around the Schenns or around Jake for Buff.

Note I would much prefer Bogo to Buff but that ain't happening with the return we would like.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
I think the Flyers are losing in that deal a little, but I don't care. Plus they need a scoring winger.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:18 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Coburn has quite possibly been our worst player this year. He certainly was last night. What the heck was he doing on that last goal, guarding the faceoff circle?

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Coburn has quite possibly been our worst player this year. He certainly was last night. What the heck was he doing on that last goal, guarding the faceoff circle?
He's been bad for over a year. He's cooked and now untradeable

Old
10-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

At this point from a Jets standpoint, I am holding out hope that a trade can be made here between the two teams. Something has to give here, likely for both teams, if things don't pick up.

What is going on with Brayden Schenn? does he still project to be a top line or top 6 go-to forward? Would he work in a deal involving Byfuglien from a Flyers stand-point?

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
At this point from a Jets standpoint, I am holding out hope that a trade can be made here between the two teams. Something has to give here, likely for both teams, if things don't pick up.

What is going on with Brayden Schenn? does he still project to be a top line or top 6 go-to forward? Would he work in a deal involving Byfuglien from a Flyers stand-point?
The hope is there, but fleeting I think. I think he's a 50pt player, which would make him a 2/3rd liner

Old
10-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 444
how about Yandle for Voracek and then move Coburn for Hemsky+?

Yandle+Simmonds+Hemsky>Buff+Voracek

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:

You're not Opus...

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Not really interested in either set of deals--while I get the need for a purer offensive thread from the blue-line, I think it would be a mistake to move either Simmonds or Voracek to address it.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
You're not Opus...
Better?

I got that often 6 months ago when I changed it, unknowingly how famous it was. Then, it just became fun to mind **** people.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Not really interested in either set of deals--while I get the need for a purer offensive thread from the blue-line, I think it would be a mistake to move either Simmonds or Voracek to address it.
I'm off the Simmonds bandwagon. Trade him for somebody useful at this point. He's a mucker/grinder that scores in bunches and on the PP mostly. If the PP goals aren't there, he's virtually useless on 5v5

Old
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

I think Brayden would be a great 2nd line center for Jets( been one of our better [players imo), likes to hit a bit more than any Jet Center. I honestly believe tho that Simmer is exactly what the Jets lack, and now is the time to maybe take advantage of Holmer as he may panic as a last ditch effort and with the week break coming, now is the time for him to make a trade to let new players learn system.

What's the general consensus with the Jets board ? A trade to shake the core a bit, as I think they wont fire Noel till its too late. I know the opinion of the general non HF fan, but they seem to be a little more impulsive.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think Brayden would be a great 2nd line center for Jets( been one of our better [players imo), likes to hit a bit more than any Jet Center. I honestly believe tho that Simmer is exactly what the Jets lack, and now is the time to maybe take advantage of Holmer as he may panic as a last ditch effort and with the week break coming, now is the time for him to make a trade to let new players learn system.

What's the general consensus with the Jets board ? A trade to shake the core a bit, as I think they wont fire Noel till its too late. I know the opinion of the general non HF fan, but they seem to be a little more impulsive.
I like Brayden Schenn, and think he would be a real solid add for the Jets. Whether the fit is there positionally with Little and Scheifele already at centre, and Ladd and Kane at LW, I'm not sure.

A heart and soul guy like Simmonds who can add some offense would in all likelihood be a real boost to this group, as they're lacking in the character/effort department.

Coburn may be of fit, the Jets need a top 4 LD as right now we've got Enstrom - Byfuglien as a pairing followed by Bogosian - Trouba, with Bogosian playing his off-wing. He has done fine, all things considered, and him and Trouba have a natural chemistry, but I think the Jets would like him on his natural right side. And Trouba has knocked the door down for a top 4 spot, albeit in a small sample size.

As for Noel, the Jets board is mixed, but plenty are beginning to doubt him. I personally see a huge disconnect here between the coach (Noel) and the players. We are in year 3 here, we've had the supporting cast of players change, but there is a constant with this team; they have zero identity. I haven't a clue which team will show up next game, or what type of effort they will give, or 3 characteristics where I can say "The Jets will do this". It's just not there, in my opinion.

There has also been plenty of roster turnover. Chevy signed his "core" Ladd, Kane, Wheeler, Little, Enstrom, Bogosian, Pavelec all to 5-7 year deals. He has extended a couple others, but the rest have all been brought in/drafted by the Jets. Just 3 players have went untouched by Kevin Cheveldayoff, and that is Byfuglien, Stuart and Thorburn, all already under contract.

To me, this is Kevin Cheveldayoff's team, he signed the core, he drafted Scheifele and Trouba, he acquired and put in place the supporting cast. Noel still hasn't been able to coach it to wins. Noel was given a 1-year extension as this was the final year of his 3-year contract. Without a doubt it is a lame-duck extension so we didn't have a coach on an expiring deal. This is a year in my opinion where it's finally "Cheveldayoff's team" and now Noel has to coach it; so far, he isn't.

Our biggest problem is the players talk and the opposite happens on the ice. This group can't play from the puck-drop like they're engaged and want to win. That's a problem. They have all addressed it via the media, yet nothing has changed off the puck-drop.

Something has to give for this team, sooner than later here if things don't click.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:49 AM
JayB

E.Kane+Buff <-> Coburn+Couturier+Talbot+1st.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Giroux for Kane, Trouba, and a 1st.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 09:58 AM
BillDineen

Will Buff lead the Flyers to a cup or even remotely close? No. So why is there even a discussion about this. Put it on the main board, where they have no idea whatsoever what the Flyers need.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:03 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Coburns trade value at this point is fairly low. I dont care what his skillset is. He is a terrible hockey player.
I said it the offseason. He is a bigger Randy Jones.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
No way in Hell do you get rid of Simmonds.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Coburns trade value at this point is fairly low. I dont care what his skillset is. He is a terrible hockey player.
I said it the offseason. He is a bigger Randy Jones.
Do not mention his name on the Jets board. We refer to him as Ran_y Jones.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Simmonds has been one of their worst players.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Quote:
Simmonds has been one of their worst players.
I'd agree with that for this year...however, he has also shown to be one of there best when hes not in a funk. Give our core some time, no major panic trade...let them build back up as a team. You knew they werent going to immediately solve all there problems in 1 or 2 games.

I have faith that Simmer, Read, G and Voracek will turn it around.

Hartnell not so much

Old
10-16-2013, 10:24 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

we're not trading simmonds, a piece of our young core for a fat pseudo defenseman who cant play defense. if simmonds is going i want a young defenseman who still has potential to reach coming back.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
I'd agree with that for this year...however, he has also shown to be one of there best when hes not in a funk. Give our core some time, no major panic trade...let them build back up as a team. You knew they werent going to immediately solve all there problems in 1 or 2 games.

I have faith that Simmer, Read, G and Voracek will turn it around.

Hartnell not so much
if you are looking to make a move to "shake things up" how many viable candidates are there? Dont get me wrong I like him as a player but I think he is definitely in that group of players who likely could be dealt if they are looking for a shake up trade.
if they lose tomorrow night they are 1-7. and really they should be 0-8. How long do you wait to make a move? If Snider isnt going to get rid of Holmgren then someone is getting traded. Most likely someone most people like.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Curufinwe

Simmonds+ for Eberle is the trade I'd like to see.

Hartnell can't be moved, so if they want a real scoring winger Simmonds might have to go.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Quote:
if you are looking to make a move to "shake things up" how many viable candidates are there? Dont get me wrong I like him as a player but I think he is definitely in that group of players who likely could be dealt if they are looking for a shake up trade.
if they lose tomorrow night they are 1-7. and really they should be 0-8. How long do you wait to make a move? If Snider isnt going to get rid of Holmgren then someone is getting traded. Most likely someone most people like.
I dont think you should be looking to make a move to shake things up...the flyers are so impatient...i understand we are awful, but trading Simmonds who just had a career year last season is not a move i think we are going to like a few years from now.

I dont think you need a major trade outside of the defense.