HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best Kevlar Hockey Socks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
  #1
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 500
Best Kevlar Hockey Socks

Looking for the right pair of Kevlar Socks, any recommendations?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:10 PM
  #2
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
I'm using the Bauer Elite socks, but they're expensive, around $45.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:35 PM
  #3
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Duchene View Post
I'm using the Bauer Elite socks, but they're expensive, around $45.
Are they thick socks? I've always skated barefoot and im wondering if they'll be too thick and hinder my skating...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:09 PM
  #4
intangible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
I LOVE my Reebok 20Ks. Again, expensive ($40/pair), but well worth it. I have three pairs I rotate.

They're also thin, like you're looking for. I can't stand thick socks or socks with too much support, but also can't stand socks too thin, as it feels like I slip. These are a very, very happy medium. They also go far up the calf for extra protection.

My only complaint, and this is a very small one, is that you can't wash them with anything that's Velcro because it seems like the hooks of Velcro tug on the regular threads under the protective layer. Otherwise, they're perfect.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #5
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
I LOVE my Reebok 20Ks. Again, expensive ($40/pair), but well worth it. I have three pairs I rotate.

They're also thin, like you're looking for. I can't stand thick socks or socks with too much support, but also can't stand socks too thin, as it feels like I slip. These are a very, very happy medium. They also go far up the calf for extra protection.

My only complaint, and this is a very small one, is that you can't wash them with anything that's Velcro because it seems like the hooks of Velcro tug on the regular threads under the protective layer. Otherwise, they're perfect.
Thanks, sounds like what im looking for...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
  #6
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Are they thick socks? I've always skated barefoot and im wondering if they'll be too thick and hinder my skating...
They're medium thickness. I used to use Easton Synergy socks, and they're thinner than the Bauer's I have now.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.