HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time to have a "defenseless skater" rule?

Old
10-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Is it time to have a "defenseless skater" rule?

Thoughts?

We see this rule in football, namely in regards to receivers in the act of catching the ball. Is it time for the NHL to adapt a rule in this spirit?

As a fan, I have to say yes. I do not know what type of semantics will go into the rule, but too many times we are seeing major head injuries from a hit with almost purely the intent to injure or deliver a crushing blow. Even saying this, I recognize that adding such a measure would alter the way we view hitting in the game, but ... is it not time for a change?

Whatever happened to the hip check?

10-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Fo Shea Shea

And that rule is ruining football to an extent. The officials don't know how to call it correctly and consistently. Even the good, clean, perfectly legal hits are being call penalties because they look rough. Same would happen in the NHL. I'm all for safety, but as my high school football coach use to tell us, "if you don't want to be knocked on your ass, have your head on a mother *** swivel!"

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
token grinder

no, I don't think they need the rule. The league needs to hammer clowns who hit defenseless skaters. Until they actually take it serious with normal pluggers, the cooke's, downie's lapierre's will run wild. wouldn't hurt to hammer them too.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote