HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
This thread is now the Collberg hatefest apparently.

But yes, he has been disappointing this season. No, his progression hasn't been a problem until this point, and judging him based on his SEL stats alone is useless, but yes, he's been stagnant so far this year. And yes, Wennberg is a better prospect, as Wennberg is awesome.

However, with all due respect, what he did or didn't do during pre-season is pretty much useless when it comes to evaluating his progress, I'm not convinced right now it was even a good idea to bring him over for such a short period of time interrupting his Swedish schedule. And from what the Swedish fans who actually watch him instead of looking at box scores or saying, he returned from camp looking awful and has been progressively better since then.

There's valid reasons to be concerned he's not progressing as we'd like, especially in a best case scenario sort of way, but no, he's not suddenly no longer a serious prospect, even if you can argue our system now has stronger prospects. It's easy to compare him to Lehkonen, who actually is producing against adults, but development is not linear, and a little bit of research shows Swedish prospects have a long history of being developed slowly.

If you are going to obsess over scores the best thing to do is forget about him, and then check back in two years to see if he's worth remembering.

Old
10-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This thread is now the Collberg hatefest apparently.

But yes, he has been disappointing this season. No, his progression hasn't been a problem until this point, and judging him based on his SEL stats alone is useless, but yes, he's been stagnant so far this year. And yes, Wennberg is a better prospect, as Wennberg is awesome.

However, with all due respect, what he did or didn't do during pre-season is pretty much useless when it comes to evaluating his progress, I'm not convinced right now it was even a good idea to bring him over for such a short period of time interrupting his Swedish schedule. And from what the Swedish fans who actually watch him instead of looking at box scores or saying, he returned from camp looking awful and has been progressively better since then.

There's valid reasons to be concerned he's not progressing as we'd like, especially in a best case scenario sort of way, but no, he's not suddenly no longer a serious prospect, even if you can argue our system now has stronger prospects. It's easy to compare him to Lehkonen, who actually is producing against adults, but development is not linear, and a little bit of research shows Swedish prospects have a long history of being developed slowly.

If you are going to obsess over scores the best thing to do is forget about him, and then check back in two years to see if he's worth remembering.
Haven't you heard? It's now cool to give up on prospects before they turn 20. What's funnier is that most of these guys have never actually watched collberg.

Old
10-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Undertakerqc

This guy is so soft, i was really dissapointed with him in the last WJC and his training camp. Not sure he will ever play for the Habs.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:03 AM
LeMAD

I don't care about his stats, I just don't see any skills in him (except his shot) that could make him a decent NHLer one day.

I'm much more excited by De la Rose, who has a it bit less pure offensive skills, but who has an impressive combinaison of skating, size and intensity.

Last edited by LeMAD: 10-16-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old
10-16-2013, 08:37 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
This guy is so soft, i was really dissapointed with him in the last WJC and his training camp. Not sure he will ever play for the Habs.
so edgy

Old
10-16-2013, 01:49 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

This is depressing...

Old
10-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Habs

I've heard he throws kittens from hot air balloons in his spare time.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Dr_Hook

I think the hatefest is a result of the outlandish lovefest that preceeded. Some people have been building up that prospect to be an A+ can't miss scoring prospect that is so close to be a legit top-6 in the NHL...

The pendulum has now swung too hard the other way.

I just wish he had come to N.A. so we could have a better idea of his development.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Sthabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I've heard he throws kittens from hot air balloons in his spare time.
I believe that s not true.....

I heard he puts them directly in the burner !

Old
10-16-2013, 02:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I'm sure we aren't alone.
Watching him with Dogs, World Jr, Habs pre-season, I haven't been impressed at all. And looking at his stats, I'm ...
He's consistently one of the best when he plays against his age group. If you weren't impressed with his play in the World Juniors, both times, then I guess you just weren't paying close enough attention.

Stop stat watching people.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:02 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

No ****ing ****. He's looking better and better with Frolunda. He's not a superstar. If he's scored single digit pts by the end of the season then you can ***** and whine.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:04 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

X prospect is better than Y prospect until he plays a game in the pre-season and doesn't show he's NHL-ready right away.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He's consistently one of the best when he plays against his age group. If you weren't impressed with his play in the World Juniors, both times, then I guess you just weren't paying close enough attention.

Stop stat watching people.
I agree, judging 18 and 19 yaer olds by looking at stats in a mens league is ridiculous. Often the kids are on the 3rd or 4th lines playing 10-12 minutes a night with no PP time.

The WJHC is a much better guide of where he is in his development.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Habs4Life

Theres an 18 year old leading Collbergs team in scoring so that is entirely not true. (Andreas Johnson, 13 points in 13 games)

I hate to say this but I don't see Collberg being anything special like everyone was making him out to be. This should be a breakout year it's not like he hasn't been given time on the powerplay or playing with good team mates. He hasn't capitalized on the opportunities he has been given what so ever.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
Theres an 18 year old leading Collbergs team in scoring so that is entirely not true. (Andreas Johnson, 13 points in 13 games)

I hate to say this but I don't see Collberg being anything special like everyone was making him out to be. This should be a breakout year this year and he's been given opportunities. He's highly over-rated.
Yes all players breakout when they are 19 , keep putting all the players in one mold and you'll be disappointed....Get real please.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Yes all players breakout when they are 19 , keep putting all the players in one mold and you'll be disappointed....Get real please.
I guess him being on pace for a 10 point season (again) while players the same age are actually improving sits well for you. A player drafted in the 7th round is playing better then him by far. I'm just saying Collberg is being over-rated. He's a third line player at best.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
I guess him being on pace for a 10 point season (again) while players the same age are actually improving sits well for you. A player drafted in the 7th round is playing better then him by far. I'm just saying Collberg is being over-rated. He's a third line player at best.
How much have you watched him play?

Old
10-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

This thread is an amazing example how some people just judge a player on their hockeydb stats.

Which of course, is possibly the most basic way to get an idea about a prospect, and frankly adds very little insight to a realistic evaluation.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Grant McCagg

Danny Briere had two points last night, Galchenyuk had none. Obviously Danny boy played much better. I'm worried about Chuck..might he be a bust?

I'm glad Bournival sat last game.....he has no points! Must be an AHLer!

Old
10-16-2013, 04:17 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I just wish he had come to N.A. so we could have a better idea of his development.
So it's better to closely watch a poor development path than having him develop overseas in an environment much better for him?

Old
10-16-2013, 04:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
This thread is an amazing example how some people just judge a player on their hockeydb stats.

Which of course, is possibly the most basic way to get an idea about a prospect, and frankly adds very little insight to a realistic evaluation.
The greatest insight it provides us with is on the posters themselves.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:44 PM
FazChenyuk

He sure didnt impresse me during camp but lets not throw the towel here guys. He is very young and we all seen he can score so lets just give him time, wish he played for the dogs

Old
10-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The greatest insight it provides us with is on the posters themselves.
True say man, it makes me know which posters i should credit and which i can laugh at

sadly the ones to laugh at far outweigh the ones i get great insight from, but cest la vie

Old
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

ugh I thought we were safe from these posters in the prospect threads. SECURITY BREACH SECURITY BREACH

Old
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

He should have been in NA (Hamilton) last year... let alone 13/14. They should have pushed harder to get him over here. Just my .02 Shoulda woulda coulda

Closed Thread