HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers - Jets

Old
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
I dont think you should be looking to make a move to shake things up...the flyers are so impatient...i understand we are awful, but trading Simmonds who just had a career year last season is not a move i think we are going to like a few years from now.

I dont think you need a major trade outside of the defense.
if you want to improve the defense then someone on that forward group will have to go. Coburn isnt going to get you a whole lot in return.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
I dont think you should be looking to make a move to shake things up...the flyers are so impatient...i understand we are awful, but trading Simmonds who just had a career year last season is not a move i think we are going to like a few years from now.

I dont think you need a major trade outside of the defense.
I don't think making a move for a speedier, better puck handling, shooter is a shake up move. I think this team is redundant in its forwards for most part, outside of Giroux & Voracek. Everybody plays VERY similar. There isn't anybody on this team that is scary with the puck on their stick or in shooting mood except for Giroux and maybe Vinny.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I don't think making a move for a speedier, better puck handling, shooter is a shake up move. I think this team is redundant in its forwards for most part, outside of Giroux & Voracek. Everybody plays VERY similar. There isn't anybody on this team that is scary with the puck on their stick or in shooting mood except for Giroux and maybe Vinny.
Matt Read.

Im not for making any major move at the moment outside of acquiring a defensemen...if you need to move someone in the forward core then move talbot, hartnell, your draft picks and whatever crap you can convince another team to take from the phantoms/juniors.

I think one of Laughton/Coots are expendable but thats about it.

I would much rather hold on to Matt Read, Simmer, G, and Jake then send them packing. Our problem right now is we cant score...we get Buff and we are still stuck with a bad offense, actually even worse after trading away atleast one of our 20+ goal scorers.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Hiesenberg

Matt Read isn't that crafty with the puck.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Matt Read isn't that crafty with the puck.
I assume that he was referring to the "shooting" part of the post--and I fully agree with him. Read is the closest thing we have to an sniper, which says more about our group of forwards than it does about Read (who, most of you know, I really like).

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I assume that he was referring to the "shooting" part of the post--and I fully agree with him. Read is the closest thing we have to an sniper, which says more about our group of forwards than it does about Read (who, most of you know, I really like).
Probably and your right, when Read is the best "sniper" on this team, we have problems.

Read is a good player, but not many people will be fearful of him rolling down the wing.

Old
10-16-2013, 12:15 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Matt Read.

Im not for making any major move at the moment outside of acquiring a defensemen...if you need to move someone in the forward core then move talbot, hartnell, your draft picks and whatever crap you can convince another team to take from the phantoms/juniors.

I think one of Laughton/Coots are expendable but thats about it.

I would much rather hold on to Matt Read, Simmer, G, and Jake then send them packing. Our problem right now is we cant score...we get Buff and we are still stuck with a bad offense, actually even worse after trading away atleast one of our 20+ goal scorers.
Talbot is not going to net much in return. if someone gives you a 3rd for him then you probably should take it.I really doubt they trade Hartnell.
if you want to get a top pairing guy and a real scoring threat from the wing then you are going to have to sacrifice something. Nobody is going to take our scraps on this team or in ADK. Unless we take scraps in return.
I agree that "Buff" isnt the answer and I wouldnt want him on this team. People like him around here for one reason. He is big.
As for looking for that #1 guy the Flyers are going to have to hope they can groom their own. Morin, Hagg or whoever. Nobody is going to deal the Flyers their #1 defenseman. That is all a pipedream.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:19 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Talbot is not going to net much in return. if someone gives you a 3rd for him then you probably should take it.I really doubt they trade Hartnell.
if you want to get a top pairing guy and a real scoring threat from the wing then you are going to have to sacrifice something. Nobody is going to take our scraps on this team or in ADK. Unless we take scraps in return.
I agree that "Buff" isnt the answer and I wouldnt want him on this team. People like him around here for one reason. He is big.
As for looking for that #1 guy the Flyers are going to have to hope they can groom their own. Morin, Hagg or whoever. Nobody is going to deal the Flyers their #1 defenseman. That is all a pipedream.
Nope, he produces offensively from the backend. Something we lack severely.

I wouldn't want him but his size literally has nothing to do with someone wanting him.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

don't want Buff

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:48 PM
BernieParent

I'd rather be looking around the trade deadline for a team interested in picking up a Timonen, Coburn, Grossmann or Talbot and who has a deep defensive prospect pool. I don't go in for the knee-jerk trade ideas involving Simmonds, Schenns, Voracek or Couturier, unless they bring back significantly greater value.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:40 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Be hard to trade with the Jets period! They have one of the youngest teams in the NHL unless they are looking for some veteran presence ie. Meszaros, Hartnell and Timonen.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'd rather not do anything at this point. Right now, this is training camp for Berube and he needs some time to implement his system. So far, the effort is there and the team has improved under his watch. The wins will come soon and I figure by the time mid-November rolls around, the team should be stringing together some wins. To make a big deal now for the sake of shaking things up would be completely detrimental to the club. If by the end of November things don't improve, then an internal audit of ALL players needs to be done and move forward accordingly.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 03:26 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
At this point from a Jets standpoint, I am holding out hope that a trade can be made here between the two teams. Something has to give here, likely for both teams, if things don't pick up.

What is going on with Brayden Schenn? does he still project to be a top line or top 6 go-to forward? Would he work in a deal involving Byfuglien from a Flyers stand-point?
I think he's a top line guy in the sense that he could produce like a top line guy in a second line center role. He's looked awesome the past two games in that role playing with an AHLer and a bad 5v5 player.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 03:29 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
don't want Buff
Byfuglien is a good player but I would rather see the Flyers go after a younger defenseman like Cody Franson.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd rather not do anything at this point. Right now, this is training camp for Berube and he needs some time to implement his system. So far, the effort is there and the team has improved under his watch. The wins will come soon and I figure by the time mid-November rolls around, the team should be stringing together some wins. To make a big deal now for the sake of shaking things up would be completely detrimental to the club. If by the end of November things don't improve, then an internal audit of ALL players needs to be done and move forward accordingly.
I'm with you

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I follow the Jets by living here and this is my idea for a hockey trade for both teams, and note I'm not a Buff fan.

Flyers -Buff
Jets - Coburn, Simmer.

Gives the Flyers that puck moving d with a big RH shot for PP. Gives Jets a big LH Dman to play with Bogo and gives them their biggest need IMO which is a physical top 6 fwd that can be the net front PP guy that they lack. Jets may add a roster player to offset salary.

What you think ?

Other options could be around the Schenns or around Jake for Buff.

Note I would much prefer Bogo to Buff but that ain't happening with the return we would like.
I do not want buff on this team. We need help on the wing.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
kelmitchell

Trade everyone for picks and start over this is embarrassing everyone's playing with no heart its likecwatching the eagles defense try and tackle

kelmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'd rather be looking around the trade deadline for a team interested in picking up a Timonen, Coburn, Grossmann or Talbot and who has a deep defensive prospect pool. I don't go in for the knee-jerk trade ideas involving Simmonds, Schenns, Voracek or Couturier, unless they bring back significantly greater value.
This. Take your lumps right now and if you are out of it at the trade deadline, move the players you find expendable for picks/players.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:16 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
This. Take your lumps right now and if you are out of it at the trade deadline, move the players you find expendable for picks/players.
But if you can make a trade now to improve the team, why wouldn't you? Why wait until they're out of it?

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:21 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Agreed, we'll know where we stand around that time plus teams will overpay for players at the deadline if we look to be out of it by then.

Old
10-16-2013, 05:23 PM
FlyingPhilly

Why are people obsessed with Buff? I don't want him anywhere near this team, let alone on it. He provides offense from the blueline? Great; he also provides sub-par defense as well. Granted, I don't watch much of him, but am basing this from the little I have seen.

I wonder what Buff + cheesesteaks would come out too.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Why are people obsessed with Buff? I don't want him anywhere near this team, let alone on it. He provides offense from the blueline? Great; he also provides sub-par defense as well. Granted, I don't watch much of him, but am basing this from the little I have seen.

I wonder what Buff + cheesesteaks would come out too.
His weight has no hindrance on his playing ability. The guy still gets up & down the ice pretty quickly. As for his defensive play, he's not the greatest but he's not liability out there. He's paid for his offense & he's pretty good at that.

My only complaints with him is his piss poor attitude & that he doesn't give a 100% every night. That's the only reason why I wouldn't want him personally but I can see why others would want him though. He brings something we don't have currently on the backend. He can carry the puck through the zone which is something we absolutely don't have.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
But if you can make a trade now to improve the team, why wouldn't you? Why wait until they're out of it?
Why do you assume this team will be out of it? They are having some scoring issues (which I think have a bit to do with Giroux's hand issues). They can turn it around, but they need to be patient. Continuity is important.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

In the offseason if there is a deal to be done with Couts++ for Evander Kane, I would be all over it. Laughton fill in the third line spot and get a great sniper to play with Giroux who is extremely young. Doubt the Jets do it though.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 07:03 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
They can turn it around, but they need to be patient. Continuity is important.
I agree. But I think there's moves that can possibly made right now to improve the team. I'd be looking to see if a deal can be made involving Simmonds. I guess it's a good thing I'm not the GM.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote