HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

vCash: 500
It should be a poster in everyone's bedroom wall, office wall and work cubicle.

Growing pains are part of one's development.

Collberg has a lot going for him...eating crow is our forum's favourite dish.

Old
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The greatest insight it provides us with is on the posters themselves.
Bingo!!!

We have got a winner.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
He sure didnt impresse me during camp but lets not throw the towel here guys. He is very young and we all seen he can score so lets just give him time, wish he played for the dogs
He was not great at camp - but as we know he was just returning from a knee injury. I'm not going to put too much into it. I have seen the offensive skills on several occasions in the past at several different U-18, U-19, and U-20 tournaments. Time and time again he has produced and played well against junior-aged talent...that tells me that when he adds some muscle and figures out the defensive game he'll play well against men too.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:24 PM
LeMAD

Those who defend him will have to explain us on what basis they think he could become a good NHLer. He's somewhat slow, weak, lazy, has average hands, average vision. Nothing but a good shot and some shootout moves.

Even so-called unidimensial goal scorers in the NHL have a few strong assets thaty help them create their scoring chances. Collberg has none.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Well this thread quickly culled the herd of posters on my lovely good list.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
LeMAD

Btw the point is not to bash Collberg, but we probably have around 10 prospects that are more interesting than him right now. We should be hyping guys like Lehkonen, De la Rose or Fucale instead.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Those who defend him will have to explain us on what basis they think he could become a good NHLer. He's somewhat slow, weak, lazy, has average hands, average vision. Nothing but a good shot and some shootout moves.

Even so-called unidimensial goal scorers in the NHL have a few strong assets thaty help them create their scoring chances. Collberg has none.
It's just hard to have a rational argument when you call out a 19 year old over stats. It's also hard to to discuss this seriously when you call him "slow/lazy/average vision/hands. Sure he isn't your traditional can't miss prospect but he has nhl speed/shot and nose for the net. He seems to sometimes shy away from the physical stuff but that's not his game. That being said he does work hard in spite of playing on the bottom lines in which his game is not suited for. Collberg has shown that he needs to fillout (although he'll never be big) , but to say he is lazy or has poor hands/hockey iq is simply unfounded.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:

He's not slow or lazy, has very good hands and excellent vision. Other than that I agree with your description of him.....and he can always get stronger.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
He's not slow or lazy, has very good hands and excellent vision. Other than that I agree with your description of him.....and he can always get stronger.
See you say that but yet you also say you disagree with 90% of his post, which is it, I don't get it.
Basically you both agree that Collberg has 2 legs, 2 arms and a head but from then on out your hockey opinion , the actual part that matters in this discussion, you go in opposite directions so why even agree in the first place.

Or am I missing some sarcasm.

Last edited by Avim86: 10-16-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old
10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
See you say that but yet you also say you disagree with 90% of his post, which is it, I don't get it.
Basically you both agree that Collberg has 2 legs, 2 arms and a head but from then on out your hockey opinion , the actual part that matters in this discussion, you go in opposite directions so why even agree in the first place.

He's basically saying that the poster has no idea what he's talking about. Which is true. You couldn't have picked any more incorrect adjectives about Collberg aside from not being physically mature enough.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post

Not sarcasm....wittiness...or ...at least.... an attempt.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:52 PM
KRM

Good game by Collberg today, back with Wennberg and they have Joel Lundqvist instead of Evan McGrath on the line. Very interesting, hope they stick together.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Good game by Collberg today, back with Wennberg and they have Joel Lundqvist instead of Evan McGrath on the line. Very interesting, hope they stick together.
You're confusing me, here, KRM. You say he played well, and yet the box score says he has no points.

You live in a house of lies!

Old
10-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Slow? Average hands? Vision? Sorry, that,s not the player I see. I see a player who would have benefited from the CHL to know what a complete game is all about. He is mostly a scorer who often happens to be at the right place, at the right time. On what basis are we going now? Average start of the year in a men's league but mostly build on the fact that a Leafs prospect is doing better? Sure...can happen. I kept saying how staying over there, new coach, old coach, was not what the doctor orders for him and yet that's what it seems. But he's a good palyer that will probably need more time than anticipated. Doesn't mean he won't develop.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Joel is a very good linemate for them. I also hope it sticks.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I don't know about Collberg. I mean, I've had limited viewings of him in that casual fan way, but that's not a good measure. With these far away prospects, I find that it's better to wait until they're closer before I start making armchair pronouncements.

Old
10-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souffle View Post
I don't know about Collberg. I mean, I've had limited viewings of him in that casual fan way, but that's not a good measure. With these far away prospects, I find that it's better to wait until they're closer before I start making armchair pronouncements.
Bingo we have a winner. Most here know very little and have seen very little of Sebastian and other prospects and have such strong opinions that it is painful to read this forum anymore.
We need to b able to give the thumbs up or down to the posts. And maybe ban posters after 10,000 thumbs down responses. This would clean up this forum very nicely in no time as many would pile up 10,000 negs fast.

Getting tired of all the ignorant and our of touch posters that are smelling up hfboards

Old
10-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Habs4Life

one thing being a habs fan and all is we sure over-rate our prospects it's actually been shown over the years. I have to agree with other team forums on that statement.

It would be nice we could actually grab the facts and come back to reality to show a real rating of his performance which is below average over the past few years and that he hasn't improved at all.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:58 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Bingo we have a winner. Most here know very little and have seen very little of Sebastian and other prospects and have such strong opinions that it is painful to read this forum anymore.
We need to b able to give the thumbs up or down to the posts. And maybe ban posters after 10,000 thumbs down responses. This would clean up this forum very nicely in no time as many would pile up 10,000 negs fast.

Getting tired of all the ignorant and our of touch posters that are smelling up hfboards
That is the best idea I have heard on these boards..........If there is a vote I am all in!!!!!

Old
10-18-2013, 09:16 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
one thing being a habs fan and all is we sure over-rate our prospects it's actually been shown over the years. I have to agree with other team forums on that statement.

It would be nice we could actually grab the facts and come back to reality to show a real rating of his performance which is below average over the past few years and that he hasn't improved at all.
Something just doesn't fit here...

Old
10-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Et le But

Quote:

Saying things that are clearly and explicitly not true about him isn't exactly grabbing the facts. In fact saying he is slow and has bad hands are the opposite of that, as is claiming he hasn't improved when his team play and defensive skills are clearly improved, even if they are still flawed.

Now it's possible to "grab the facts" and say negative things about him. He still has moments of bad decision making, his defensive game is erratic, he's still physically learning to deal with adults and needs more strength. He's hardly the best prospect in Sweden, and arguably we have a similar prospect in Lehkonen who is more well rounded despite being a year younger.

It still is ridiculous to say he isn't developing because of his stats, the patient, let him work on everything else approach has its advantages. Yes it's possible it turns him into another MPS who never improves, or he follows the development path of plenty of other Swedish late bloomers in this league who ended up better overall players from these sort of growing pains.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
For whatever reasons, people as always been too high on Collberg. This kid still isn't able to produce in the SHL; when does is he suppose to be a force offensively in the NHL?
Perhaps he is overrated, it won't be the first or last prospect that gets that label but at the same time you could easily be wrong as well. How many SEL/SHL games do you watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
I must be one of the few people around here that isn't impressed with Collberg, at this point. His play in the couple of Habs exhibition games that I saw this year was just so-so. He hasn't dominated at the Swedish Elite league level yet, so I have to say he's more of a project than a prospect at this time. When I looked at his team's roster, I was disappointed to see 2 players a few months younger than him that have more points than him [Andreas Johnson has 13 points to lead the team & Alexander Wenberg has 6 points] compared to Collberg's 3 points. Mind you he's played 5 fewer games.

But his stats over the past few seasons don't show much to get me excited either. I don't see a dominate season anywhere, which is what I expect from a European player who's poised and ready to start playing in the NHL. So I'm predicting he's going to need the rest of this season then 1-2 more seasons in Sweden before he can show he's ready to play overseas, if it ever happens. I do hope it will because the Habs can use more depth at forward in the next 2-3 seasons.
So you expect an 18 year old to dominate the SEL? Do you follow much Swedish hockey? What did you think of Lars Eller when he was an 18 year old playing on the same club as Collberg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I think the hatefest is a result of the outlandish lovefest that preceeded. Some people have been building up that prospect to be an A+ can't miss scoring prospect that is so close to be a legit top-6 in the NHL...

The pendulum has now swung too hard the other way.

I just wish he had come to N.A. so we could have a better idea of his development.
Well Timmins seemed to be gushing after drafting him and he's done very well at international tournys which usually gets a prospect hyped (see Kostitsyn, Andrei after the U-18's) I don't know if anyone is saying he's a can't miss prospect but imo he's easily among our top prospects.

Quote:
I hate to say this but I don't see Collberg being anything special like everyone was making him out to be. This should be a breakout year it's not like he hasn't been given time on the powerplay or playing with good team mates. He hasn't capitalized on the opportunities he has been given what so ever.
He should show a decent amount of progress this season but to say it should be his breakout year seems over the top as he will have several years to work on things. How much have you seen him play?

Quote:
I guess him being on pace for a 10 point season (again) while players the same age are actually improving sits well for you. A player drafted in the 7th round is playing better then him by far. I'm just saying Collberg is being over-rated. He's a third line player at best.
Collberg had a knee injury, lately he just had 3 pts in 4 games but it's a long season so better to let things unfold then stat watch. Developing prospects is a long process that usually takes several years outside of the highest end prospects like Galchenyuk etc.... He's 19, give it time, he either will or won't do anything for us but worrying about his stats doesn't do anything at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
He should have been in NA (Hamilton) last year... let alone 13/14. They should have pushed harder to get him over here. Just my .02 Shoulda woulda coulda
I would not want to see an 18 year old in the AHL, I don't even like to see 19 year olds in the A either. They can bring him over next year and he should have a couple seasons to work on adjusting to the smaller ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
It should be a poster in everyone's bedroom wall, office wall and work cubicle.

Growing pains are part of one's development.

Collberg has a lot going for him...eating crow is our forum's favourite dish.
agreed

Quote:

first off why should anyone have to defend him or explain to you why they like him. If you like him then you like him, if you don't then you don't, who cares either way as it means nothing. I personally don't agree with what you say as I don't find him to be somewhat slow, weak, lazy, ave hands/vision (I'd say several of these things are flat out wrong)

Quote:
So he's not on the 4th line any more? Is that the 3rd line now?

Quote:

All NHL teams fans over-rate their prospects, just like all fans of all teams in any sport as it's the nature of things.

As for him being below average, that is certainly incorrect, as he has shown good progress. He already has a good bit of experience playing in the men's league despite being only 19. He could end up being one of the all time leading scorers in Swedish WJC history, does that sound like someone that has been below average and hasn't improved at all? Have you ever stopped to think you don't know what you are talking about?

Old
10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Perhaps he is overrated, it won't be the first or last prospect that gets that label but at the same time you could easily be wrong as well. How many SEL/SHL games do you watch?

So you expect an 18 year old to dominate the SEL? Do you follow much Swedish hockey? What did you think of Lars Eller when he was an 18 year old playing on the same club as Collberg?

Well Timmins seemed to be gushing after drafting him and he's done very well at international tournys which usually gets a prospect hyped (see Kostitsyn, Andrei after the U-18's) I don't know if anyone is saying he's a can't miss prospect but imo he's easily among our top prospects.

He should show a decent amount of progress this season but to say it should be his breakout year seems over the top as he will have several years to work on things. How much have you seen him play?

Collberg had a knee injury, lately he just had 3 pts in 4 games but it's a long season so better to let things unfold then stat watch. Developing prospects is a long process that usually takes several years outside of the highest end prospects like Galchenyuk etc.... He's 19, give it time, he either will or won't do anything for us but worrying about his stats doesn't do anything at this point.

I would not want to see an 18 year old in the AHL, I don't even like to see 19 year olds in the A either. They can bring him over next year and he should have a couple seasons to work on adjusting to the smaller ice.

agreed

first off why should anyone have to defend him or explain to you why they like him. If you like him then you like him, if you don't then you don't, who cares either way as it means nothing. I personally don't agree with what you say as I don't find him to be somewhat slow, weak, lazy, ave hands/vision (I'd say several of these things are flat out wrong)

So he's not on the 4th line any more? Is that the 3rd line now?

All NHL teams fans over-rate their prospects, just like all fans of all teams in any sport as it's the nature of things.

As for him being below average, that is certainly incorrect, as he has shown good progress. He already has a good bit of experience playing in the men's league despite being only 19. He could end up being one of the all time leading scorers in Swedish WJC history, does that sound like someone that has been below average and hasn't improved at all? Have you ever stopped to think you don't know what you are talking about?
The best poster on this board ladies and gentleman.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:54 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
he gets my vote

Old
10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Grant isn't bad either

Go Collberg!!

Closed Thread