HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Visor

Old
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Visor

Anyone know any good deals online for visors? Maybe Oakley? or what would you recommend? I need it for reffing as USA Hockey is mandating them this year.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
MattB43

vCash: 500
The Tron visors are cheap and seem to work fine. I took a chip off the wall directly off of mine last night and it did it's job.

MattB43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Terry Yake

i used a TRON visor for a couple years. fogged up occasionally but got the job done for cheap

i currently use an Oakley VR903. best visor i've ever used. it's tough as nails and never fogs up. it's on the pricey side but well worth it

Terry Yake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 12:52 AM
mkoivu9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB43
The Tron visors are cheap and seem to work fine. I took a chip off the wall directly off of mine last night and it did it's job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Yake
i used a TRON visor for a couple years. fogged up occasionally but got the job done for cheap

i currently use an Oakley VR903. best visor i've ever used. it's tough as nails and never fogs up. it's on the pricey side but well worth it

Thanks fellas.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Jisatsu

I didn't care much for the oakley visor I had last, it looked like **** after cleaning it with the oakley spray and using a micro fiber cloth. Before that I used old itech visors and they were okay, but fogged up a bit if you didn't use anti fog spray religiously. Just got a $20 anti fog/scratch straight cut visor off of ebay for $20 shipped and honestly it's been way nicer than the itech and oakley visors. I've used it about 15 times this season, and have taken a couple sticks to the face with it, and no real big scratches so far. Doesn't really fog up at all, even without the anti fog spray. I'm liking it so far.

Jisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 02:31 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
Using Bauer HDO pro-clip.

Hasn't fogged up yet & was playing in some warm rinks @ the end of the summer.

You pay full price for the first visor & clips, but when you need to replace you can buy new visor inserts for about $60 for a two-pack.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 12:04 AM
SCBruCrew4

I also have a Tron visor. I spent I think $30 including shipping off Amazon and I don't regret it. It's only fogged up when I was playing in may and the entire rink was fogged as well.

I will say I haven't taken any kind of damage or shot/stick off the visor so I can't say too much on it's durability but it is good for the adult league/pick up games.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:52 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
In Canada, almost everywhere visors are required, they must be CSA approved. I'm pretty sure that in the US it's HECC. I looked @ buying a Tron visor up here, but they weren't CSA stamped. Most of the visors with mounting slots (vs. holes) don't comply.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM
rinkrat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
Using Bauer HDO pro-clip.

Hasn't fogged up yet & was playing in some warm rinks @ the end of the summer.

You pay full price for the first visor & clips, but when you need to replace you can buy new visor inserts for about $60 for a two-pack.
I'll second this also.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
Steenroller

vCash: 1075
The Bauer ones are top-notch. I'd stay away from the oakley's just because I like something made by a hockey brand when I use it for hockey.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 08:56 PM
rinkrat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley Tarasenkshow View Post
The Bauer ones are top-notch. I'd stay away from the oakley's just because I like something made by a hockey brand when I use it for hockey.
the Bauer ones are made by Oakley, the HDO is an Oakley trademark.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 12:08 PM
mkoivu9*

Anyone even ever heard of this company? Just ordered the R5 2.75" as a replacement or potential backup. I'm a ref so I'm assuming 2.75" should be fine? http://www.amazon.com/Ronin-Vented-C...ds=Hockeyninja