HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/15/13 "Seth Jones And The Predators Of The Lost Art" - Panthers VS Predators

View Poll Results: What will the results be for the Panthers?
The Temple of Boom: Hard hitting, hard working but an OT/SO loss 5 14.71%
The Last Charade: Panthers get back to winning 20 58.82%
Kingdom Of The Crystal Dull: Yet another bad loss, in regulation 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 10:50 AM
gudzilla

vCash: 500
the bad outlets from the D is also crippling us, forwards get very little to work on. however, gudbranson have evolved into gudbranosaurus almost, what a beast he is

Old
10-16-2013, 02:19 PM
LUUUUUIS
Let's Go Fins!

Barkov vs Jones

Maybe I didn't catch every instance they were up against eachother, but it seemed to me that Barkov had the upper hand whenver the two had direct play.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.

So Vanek and Yakupov in, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Bjugstad, Shore, Versteeg and a 2nd, out .
If you want to trade Versteeg, fine. But the rest of that stuff, just no.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:16 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

I hate you guys who wants to trade Kulikov. He gets so much more crap than he deserves, simply because he doesnt put up the points expected at this point. He has some blunders here and there, but most have them, he is still a quality defenseman.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Listen, I know you love Marky, but at some point we have to call a spade a spade. The guy gives up too many bad goals right now to be a quality starter in the NHL.

He's a good goaltender, but there's a lot of things he needs to polish. Like I said, I didn't blame the loss or any losses on him, but things like that 4th goal are bad. This team lacks offensive talent, and when you combine that with our absolutely horrible defense and suspect goaltending, well it's a recipe that yields the exact results we've had thus far.

I don't expect Thomas to return and turn the team around either because we are just that terrible. I just noticed that I don't ever see Markstrom steal a game for us. Remember his first season when we played in Montreal and the kid won the game 2-1 and stopped something like 40+ shots and was ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT? That's what I want to see from him. He has the potential to be that guy, but it's just not happening for him at the moment.
Well, what I said 'wow' to was your remark that Markstrom hasn't made any big saves at all this season. That's a lie if I ever heard one. He's made a ton of big saves. The problem is his team is crap. Yes, he's let in a few he'd like to have back too. Not a lot, but a few.

He's a 23 year old goaltender trying to establish himself as an NHLer on a bad team. It's not easy trying to develop a young goalie on a team headed for another top 5 pick. That's far from the ideal situation. He's doing a good job I think. He could be better. But he's been far from bad. Remember, that 2-1 victory against Montreal was in 11-12, when we had a good team. Although he faced 40+ shots, he wasn't facing the amount and scope of scoring chances that he's regularly facing per game now. It's a lot easier to look good on a good team. I doubt any goalie except maybe Lundqvist would have respectable numbers playing behind this team right now.

Old
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I hate you guys who wants to trade Kulikov. He gets so much more crap than he deserves, simply because he doesnt put up the points expected at this point. He has some blunders here and there, but most have them, he is still a quality defenseman.
I don't think he sucks or hate him. I just think he's our best bargaining chip in a trade that's not named Huberdeau or Barkov.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Chino Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I don't think he sucks or hate him. I just think he's our best bargaining chip in a trade that's not named Huberdeau or Barkov.
I would actually try to trade Versteeg, Kopecky or Campbell before trading Kulikov. Campbell has under-performed so far and he may be able to give us a young prospect in return... but that contract is going to make teams twice about getting him. Kulikov is too young and decent enough to keep around IMO

Old
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
ogonz

Something around campbell+ with retained salary for yakupov would be amazing

Old
10-16-2013, 09:34 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino Oscar View Post
I would actually try to trade Versteeg, Kopecky or Campbell before trading Kulikov. Campbell has under-performed so far and he may be able to give us a young prospect in return... but that contract is going to make teams twice about getting him. Kulikov is too young and decent enough to keep around IMO

The issue with trading Soupy, is that we have no other defenseman that can play that 1 defenseman slot right now. we don't even have a real number 2.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Has nothing to do with points.

Closed Thread