HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Okay, now that I got that out of my system...

Stolarz was very good today. He made a few really good saves, and all the routine ones you expect him to make. Considering the D in front of him is nowhere near where it was last year, it`s not a stretch to say he`s the main reason London is doing so well.
Glad to hear someone who absolutely despising that team saying this. Are the games on television up there or do you actually go in person to a good amount of them?

Old
10-14-2013, 05:19 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Glad to hear someone who absolutely despising that team saying this. Are the games on television up there or do you actually go in person to a good amount of them?
I have seasons tickets to the Rangers, and I watch a bunch of OHL games on TV (the OHL has an action pak, similar to Centre Ice).

One thing I forgot to mention -- Stolarz looks HUUUUUUGE in the net (he looked big last year, but looks bigger this year).

Old
10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Thanks BobbyClarkeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Does anyone know why Larsson decided to come here and play in the USHL? Was it to learn the North American game? I feel like the smarter decision would probably have been to play against greater competition in in Sweden. I guess this way he probably would get more ice time though.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 10-14-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old
10-14-2013, 10:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Thanks BobbyClarkeFan

Does anyone know why Larsson decided to come here and play in the USHL? Was it to learn the North American game? I feel like the smarter decision would probably have been to play against greater competition in in Sweden. I guess this way he probably would get more ice time though.
He's described as playing more of a typical North American style of hockey than European. He was only playing in the U20 league in Sweden last year so it wasn't like he was playing in the top league there.

I don't think he was a shoe-in to be playing in the top league again this year so the Flyers just had him come over so they could keep a closer eye on him.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
www.twitter.com/FlyerProspects
Quote:
FlyerProspects
Flyers 3rd Rd Pick Tyrell Goulbourne (5'11) scraps against 6'5 Mitch Elliot (from Oct 11)
He got in another fight tonight vs Lethbridge

Old
10-16-2013, 10:18 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He's described as playing more of a typical North American style of hockey than European. He was only playing in the U20 league in Sweden last year so it wasn't like he was playing in the top league there.

I don't think he was a shoe-in to be playing in the top league again this year so the Flyers just had him come over so they could keep a closer eye on him.
Oh, okay thanks. For some reason I thought he was playing in the SHL or Allsvenskan.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 10-17-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old
10-17-2013, 01:13 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
www.twitter.com/FlyerProspects

He got in another fight tonight vs Lethbridge
Awful time to drop the gloves with a teammate going in for a scoring opportunity. Something the fight-riddled Flyers brass will notice quickly.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:04 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Awful time to drop the gloves with a teammate going in for a scoring opportunity. Something the fight-riddled Flyers brass will notice quickly.
Agreed.

Here's his fight from last night. He can definitely scrap.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Curufinwe

If he ends up being a 4th liner who can actually play 10 minutes a night I will be shocked but pleased.

This team playing Newbury or Rosehill for four minutes a night is depressing.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Larry44

All psyched up to watch Oshawa at London and of course Stolarz isn't playing.

Laughton is having another great game. Two goals including a go-ahead shorthander to make it 4-3. Heckuva player. The are using him at the top of the umbrella on the PP too.

The other guy who has impressed me is Dal Colle for Oshawa. Great young winger. Rated high in the '14 Draft for good reason. Christian Dvorak from London also looks pretty good.

And yes, I'm already looking forward to picking at the top of the draft. Knowing the hapless Flyers, they'll suck all year, go on a winning streak at the end and miss out on Ekblad or Reinhart like they did with Seth Jones.

Edit: London pulled the goalie and dumped it in with 40 secs. Laughton goes in the corner, takes his time and scores the hattrick goal from 198 feet, dead centre in the London net.....

Last edited by Larry44: 10-18-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Laughton's awesome
Old
10-18-2013, 08:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post

Laughton is having another great game. Two goals including a go-ahead shorthander to make it 4-3. Heckuva player. The are using him at the top of the umbrella on the PP too.

The other guy who has impressed me is Dal Colle for Oshawa. Great young winger. Rated high in the '14 Draft for good reason. Christian Dvorak from London also looks pretty good.

And yes, I'm already looking forward to picking at the top of the draft. Knowing the hapless Flyers, they'll suck all year, go on a winning streak at the end and miss out on Ekblad or Reinhart like they did with Seth Jones.

Edit: London pulled the goalie and dumped it in with 40 secs. Laughton goes in the corner, takes his time and scores the hattrick goal from 198 feet, dead centre in the London net.....
If we get a top 10 pick, he's on the board, & we're drafting a winger then he's my guy.

There's other good wingers too in this draft so the Flyers should find someone if they do indeed go down the road.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:58 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
Ghost had a goal tonight in a 6-5 loss to Lake Superior State

Old
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:

Old
10-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:

I was upset because I'm a Knights fan and they lost, but I couldn't help but be impressed by that. It was literally dead center

Old
10-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I was upset because I'm a Knights fan and they lost, but I couldn't help but be impressed by that. It was literally dead center
Yeah, most players wouldn't risk the icing, but he's playing so confidently it was like a gimme putt.

8 goals now in 7 games.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

The Phantoms lost 6-3 to W/B Scranton. Goals by Gervais, Cousins, & Bordson. Assists by Cousins, Bordson, Straka, Alderson, Gervais, & Noebels.

Two things that stuck out to me was that Akeson was a -4 while Mathers was a +2.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Ya got me WW, what's the Iafrate reference?

Old
10-18-2013, 10:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
He had a famous quote after a game where he had a clear shot at an empty net but he shot it around the boards instead. The reporters asked him why he did that & his reply was "empty netters are for (homophobic slur)".

Old
10-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Google "Al Iafrate empty net goals" and you'll get his interview line...

EDIT: waaaaay too slow. Weird. your post didn't show up before.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Larry44

Quote:
He had a famous quote after a game where he had a clear shot at an empty net but he shot it around the boards instead. The reporters asked him why he did that & his reply was "empty netters are for (homophobic slur)".
Ahh. Vaguely remember it. However, given the pressure the Knights were putting on the Gens to tie it, Scott did the right thing.

That, and Al Iafrate was always a bit of an idiot anyway.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Ahh. Vaguely remember it. However, given the pressure the Knights were putting on the Gens to tie it, Scott did the right thing.

That, and Al Iafrate was always a bit of an idiot anyway.
How can you be an idiot with a sweet haircut like that?

Old
10-19-2013, 02:12 PM
tymed

http://theahl.com/hard-work-paying-o...akeson-p187905

Hard work paying off for Akeson

Old
10-19-2013, 04:46 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
Coming from a guy with over 1,000 NHL games as a coach and 10 pro seasons as a player under his belt that's got to be nice to hear if you're Akeson.

Quote:
Hes very imaginative. He has a very creative mind and he sees the ice in a different way than most players, said Murray. Hes a player who wants the puck on his stick, and hes the one who says, If were going to have some success here tonight, let it come from me. His creativity is pretty special, and a lot of players in the game dont have it.

Murray is confident that with relentless work ethic and consistency, Akeson has a chance at being successful in the NHL this season.

Im hoping that by the end of this year, hes going to be a player thats considered to get an opportunity not just a call-up in an emergency situation, but a player whos going to get called up because of the way he plays, said Murray. This is his opportunity now to show management that hes ready.
If the teams keeps sucking he may just get that opportunity when people are moved come trade deadline.

Old
10-19-2013, 04:58 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
If we get a top 10 pick, he's on the board, & we're drafting a winger then he's my guy.

There's other good wingers too in this draft so the Flyers should find someone if they do indeed go down the road.
When all is said and done, Dal Colle might end up going top 5. Nick Ritchie seems to be a scout favourite right now, but his conditioning, shoulders and complete lack of two way play should be a major red flag. I bet we see him eventually start sinking like a stone.

I liked Dal Colle last season. Funny enough, he was also a center when originally selected by Oshawa and they moved him to the wing because of Jenner, Laughton and Cassels. Best move of Dal Colle's career.

If there's one other winger I hope the Flyers have a shot at drafting, Brendan Perlini of Niagara Falls would be that guy.

If the Flyers end up drafting a defenseman, I know Ekblad is the popular figure, but I'm kind of hoping that Roland McKeown is someone they look at. He's a fantastic offensive defenseman that is really putting his defensive game together. His play is very similar to that of Brian Leetch. Just silky smooth with the puck. Could be a great addition to the future Flyers blue line.

Old
10-19-2013, 04:59 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Coming from a guy with over 1,000 NHL games as a coach and 10 pro seasons as a player under his belt that's got to be nice to hear if you're Akeson.

If the teams keeps sucking he may just get that opportunity when people are moved come trade deadline.
His offensive creativity would be a welcoming addition to the Flyers black hole of an offense. Give him a shot.

Closed Thread