HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Official Rant Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 06:52 AM
SufferingCatFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Just blow up the team.
No. Just shoot the prior owners who were too cheap to resign Garrison or Weiss.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Who weren't gonna sign here despite an insane overpayment? And maybe not even then?? I am no fan of the old owners, but people bring this up thinking it was money, I don't think it was.

10-16-2013, 07:43 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
I don't think we were going to be able to keep Garrison regardless.

Also not a huge fan of Weiss and not unhappy that he is not signed here long term. Nice player - not a difference maker (*yes I know about his OT goal in Detroit).

Your sentiment is correct though - cheap ownership has definitely hamstrung this team. Hoping things change for the better.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:48 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Who weren't gonna sign here despite an insane overpayment? And maybe not even then?? I am no fan of the old owners, but people bring this up thinking it was money, I don't think it was.
It's not ONLY the money, but to compete against bigger spending teams consistently you need to convincingly beat them in scouting, drafting and development (which also costs money).

You can't rationally say that being outspent by $13M dollars allows the Panthers to stand on equal footing.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
It's not ONLY the money, but to compete against bigger spending teams consistently you need to convincingly beat them in scouting, drafting and development (which also costs money).

You can't rationally say that being outspent by $13M dollars allows the Panthers to stand on equal footing.
Meant for those two, not overall. Money was a huge issue with the previous group.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
You want money to re-sign guys? Dont waste $8M on Kuba (contract last yr of $4.2M + buyout of $2.6M) & Kovalev ($1.5M to sit at home after he loafed it on the ice) when history said they would be not worth the money. Why would anyone want to give Tallon money to spend when he's so bad at it?

I agree with Tuco...time to blow it up. Keep Flash, Campbell, Barkov, Huberdeau, Gudbranson and maybe Gomez & Boyes and the rest seem easily replaceable. First guy I would trade is Kulikov as he has the most perceived value and doesnt seem to do enough on the ice for us. If someone would take Upshall if we retained half his salary, he would be the next to go obviously.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
You want money to re-sign guys? Dont waste $8M on Kuba (contract last yr of $4.2M + buyout of $2.6M) & Kovalev ($1.5M to sit at home after he loafed it on the ice) when history said they would be not worth the money. Why would anyone want to give Tallon money to spend when he's so bad at it?

I agree with Tuco...time to blow it up. Keep Flash, Campbell, Barkov, Huberdeau, Gudbranson and maybe Gomez & Boyes and the rest seem easily replaceable. First guy I would trade is Kulikov as he has the most perceived value and doesnt seem to do enough on the ice for us. If someone would take Upshall if we retained half his salary, he would be the next to go obviously.
I've come to terms with the fact that this year and next are likely a write-off. If you look at our cap, pretty much everyone comes off the books after next season (save for Versteeg and Campbell). This is probably when Tallon plans on doing some damage (if he's still around).

Old
10-16-2013, 01:56 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
I've come to terms with the fact that this year and next are likely a write-off. If you look at our cap, pretty much everyone comes off the books after next season (save for Versteeg and Campbell). This is probably when Tallon plans on doing some damage (if he's still around).
This team cannot have another write off season after this one.

Last season was a write off, this season is too. 3 straight years of write offs? Can't happen. Heads will roll.

I fully expect Tallon to go buck wild this off-season. If we ice a similar team next year than it is blatantly obvious this franchise will never turn it around and constantly be in a rebuild.

At this rate we're going to contest our own playoff drought record.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:03 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
This team cannot have another write off season after this one.

Last season was a write off, this season is too. 3 straight years of write offs? Can't happen. Heads will roll.

I fully expect Tallon to go buck wild this off-season. If we ice a similar team next year than it is blatantly obvious this franchise will never turn it around and constantly be in a rebuild.

At this rate we're going to contest our own playoff drought record.
I agree, but I still think it's too early to completely write off this season. It's looking grim I admit, but I'm willing to give it 20 games at most.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Tuco

Positive thing is that this past off-season was not yet Viola's. So, there is hope.

Edit: sorry, wrong thread.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I agree, but I still think it's too early to completely write off this season. It's looking grim I admit, but I'm willing to give it 20 games at most.
As Bob McKenzie has said, "Week one won't tell you anything, week two, you start to get an idea, and by weeks three and four you begin to see just what you have in your hockey team." We're at the end of week 2 and so this next week or 2 is going to tell you what you have (that will be 12 games played by end of this month). With Boston, Minnesota & Chicago up next, we'll be lucky to get 1 pt out of those games. Then we face Buffalo & Tampa before the end of the month and even if we win both of those, it's looking like we wont even have more than 5 wins this month. At that point, you can stick a fork in the season cause its done.

Old
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Pantherfan12

I'm really not impressed AT ALL with this team so far. If this team had 100% hustle with the same record right now, I'd be happy. This team seems lost and 2 steps behind all the other team, every game.
Dineen NEEDS to hang up the four bullseyes on the corners of the net and have each and every player practice hitting the net. These shots that go wide aren't cute anymore and we seem to miss more often than not.
Our team is just boring! There is no excitement in this team. No passion. No drive. Where are the players who came into training camp all healthy,in good shape and had a great attitude with regards to our new owners? What the EFF happened to Bergenhiem and Jovo?
p*ss poor offense(minus Barkov,Boyes,Goc, and Huberdeau) p*ss poor defense(with exceptions to Guds and Weaver).P*ss poor PP, and Markstrom needs to be better. I don't blame Marky for our losses but he is letting in way too many soft goals that should be an easy save for him.
We're being out-hit and out-worked every shift. Matthias stated that he wants that #1 center role, well where the heck is he? He isn't bad but he doesn't look like he's trying to earn that #1 spot. Where's Versteeg and why does he seem invisible? What the heck happened to Kulikov? Heck,even Bjugstad didn't seem noticeable to me in that game last night. I mean with all the hype we get from the organization about our youth, you'd think they'd AT LEAST be noticable during the games.

I love my team but something has to give. We will certainly be in the top 5 draft with the kind of hockey.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:15 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What the EFF happened to Bergenhiem
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...13&postcount=6
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...99&postcount=8

Old
10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I'm really not impressed AT ALL with this team so far. If this team had 100% hustle with the same record right now, I'd be happy. This team seems lost and 2 steps behind all the other team, every game.
Dineen NEEDS to hang up the four bullseyes on the corners of the net and have each and every player practice hitting the net. These shots that go wide aren't cute anymore and we seem to miss more often than not.
Our team is just boring! There is no excitement in this team. No passion. No drive. Where are the players who came into training camp all healthy,in good shape and had a great attitude with regards to our new owners? What the EFF happened to Bergenhiem and Jovo?
p*ss poor offense(minus Barkov,Boyes,Goc, and Huberdeau) p*ss poor defense(with exceptions to Guds and Weaver).P*ss poor PP, and Markstrom needs to be better. I don't blame Marky for our losses but he is letting in way too many soft goals that should be an easy save for him.
We're being out-hit and out-worked every shift. Matthias stated that he wants that #1 center role, well where the heck is he? He isn't bad but he doesn't look like he's trying to earn that #1 spot. Where's Versteeg and why does he seem invisible? What the heck happened to Kulikov? Heck,even Bjugstad didn't seem noticeable to me in that game last night. I mean with all the hype we get from the organization about our youth, you'd think they'd AT LEAST be noticable during the games.

I love my team but something has to give. We will certainly be in the top 5 draft with the kind of hockey.
This is what I want to know also. Dineen dims in my eyes with each passing game, but it's not just on him. It's on these players too, who were so excited to start the season and have completely disappeared.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

There's no point in having bjugstad playing on the 4th line

Old
10-16-2013, 07:25 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
There's no point in having bjugstad playing on the 4th line
Maybe they're showcasing him for a potential trade.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:36 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
It's tough to be a Panther fan. Even tougher on a message board called Hockey's Future, which values prospect(tive) players above all else. Think back on the short history of our favorite team. What is the one common theme running throughout 20 years of this club? It's poor drafting. Not growing valuable NHL caliber players in your own system. Lack of farm clubs, terrible, terrible drafting, lopsided, or trades of poor value. These things have plagued this team since inception. The best teams we've ever cheered on, were almost exclusively players from other clubs. Cast-offs, trade pick-ups. We've even botched the highest of the high picks until recently. So now, we've supposedly gathered one of the best prospect pools in the NHL(Hubs and Barkov curves this group way upward), and almost all of them are decent to average players. It all means nothing if they don't become legitimate NHLers. This team has some of the softest and least skilled players in the whole league. There is no way they end up anywhere but near the bottom. Itall starts at the scouting level. And we suck, big time.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:33 AM
SufferingCatFan

Face it. We suck. We finished last in 2012-13 and then did nothing in the off season other than bring in a bunch of unsigned free agents just prior to the opening of training camp.

Three of our 7 D are vet cast-offs making close to the vet minimum that no other team wanted. Among our forwards, we have a bunch of 3rd liners and only a couple of forwards that would play top six on a good team. Our goalie situation is currently unsettled.

That said, given the lack of talent, I do not expect to see a playoff caliber team. I do expect to see a gritty, hard working team that plays hard every night. Unfortunately, what I have seen so far is a team that seems to get out hustled, and out hit in most games.

Still early. but, this team needs to forge a blue collar identity or it is going to be a long season.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Haj

Every year its the same ****. I watch good teams and it seems like they are playing in a different league. Dineen will probably take his next team to the Cup like Deboer did. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Tallon should fire himself. I'm not sure what his expectations are given the current players on the roster. Firing the head coach isn't going to magically give Brad Boyes defensive awareness, cause Versteeg to backcheck, and make Markstrom stop every shot.

I can't believe we went to the Cup in 1996 and once had Pavel Bure on the team.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Every year its the same ****. I watch good teams and it seems like they are playing in a different league. Dineen will probably take his next team to the Cup like Deboer did. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Tallon should fire himself. I'm not sure what his expectations are given the current players on the roster. Firing the head coach isn't going to magically give Brad Boyes defensive awareness, cause Versteeg to backcheck, and make Markstrom stop every shot.

I can't believe we went to the Cup in 1996 and once had Pavel Bure on the team.
a coaching change can make the mess in the D-zone better, develop a better offensive system and a lot of other things.

floridas downfall have been that the team doesnt play like a team

Old
11-09-2013, 10:28 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

What makes me upset is how we are supposedly trying to rebuild the right way and a team like the leafs, who were a mess before Burke took over now put the pieces together. They got Lupul for nothing. They got Phaneuf for nothing. And now, I'm finally going to admit they got the better of the Phil Kessel trade. Seguin is an arrogant little, whiny **** that already got traded and Hamilton hasn't shown much of anthing. Meanwhile Kessel just scores goals all the time. And as watch our offensively anemic team, you look at Kessel say man I wish we had a guy with his ability. Tallon rebuilds the "right" way and it's become a disaster. Meanwhile Burke pulls a waffle rebuild and it works. Can anything ever go right for us?

Old
11-09-2013, 11:01 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
What makes me upset is how we are supposedly trying to rebuild the right way and a team like the leafs, who were a mess before Burke took over now put the pieces together. They got Lupul for nothing. They got Phaneuf for nothing. And now, I'm finally going to admit they got the better of the Phil Kessel trade. Seguin is an arrogant little, whiny **** that already got traded and Hamilton hasn't shown much of anthing. Meanwhile Kessel just scores goals all the time. And as watch our offensively anemic team, you look at Kessel say man I wish we had a guy with his ability. Tallon rebuilds the "right" way and it's become a disaster. Meanwhile Burke pulls a waffle rebuild and it works. Can anything ever go right for us?
settle down, beavis. the leafs haven't won anything - they certainly did not win the kessel trade (the Bs got erickson for seguin and hamilton's 20 and played 50 games) and they haven't won a playoff series yet. and they've spent a crap ton of money to get here.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:51 AM
BIitz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Hey we had to go through 9 years of suffering to finally put together a somewhat competitive team. 9 years of bad jokes and worse play.

There's no real right way to rebuild. Just because you get tons of lottery picks, and or draft smartly, doesn't mean anything unless you can make smart acquisitions. In a sense you're right, looking at the Leafs roster we got JVR for a good deal, Lupul for a good deal, Bozak for free, Clarkson for free, Kessel for a fair deal, Phaneuf for a great deal, McClement for free, and Raymond for free. Only Kadri and Kulemin are the 2 top 9 forwards that we actually developed. We also got 3 of our top 4 D (Neuf, Franson, Gards) for pennies. So we did re-build in some weird way, but it worked. We didn't re-build the traditional way, but your management has to actually seize opportunities. The difference between the Leafs and Panthers is we had a lot of money to make those trades. Franson, Lupul, and even Phaneuf to a sense were cap dumps. Kessel didn't want to play there anymore either. So 4 of our best players were acquired via our managment just being in the right place at the right time. We were able to do that type of rebuild because we had a large amount of money to spend and bury in the AHL if need be. I don't think it's the same for the Panthers.

Anyways, losing sucks. I honestly feel for you guys. But if you have faith in your management you just pray they make the right moves.

Old
11-10-2013, 08:36 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Hey we had to go through 9 years of suffering to finally put together a somewhat competitive team. 9 years of bad jokes and worse play.

There's no real right way to rebuild. Just because you get tons of lottery picks, and or draft smartly, doesn't mean anything unless you can make smart acquisitions. In a sense you're right, looking at the Leafs roster we got JVR for a good deal, Lupul for a good deal, Bozak for free, Clarkson for free, Kessel for a fair deal, Phaneuf for a great deal, McClement for free, and Raymond for free. Only Kadri and Kulemin are the 2 top 9 forwards that we actually developed. We also got 3 of our top 4 D (Neuf, Franson, Gards) for pennies. So we did re-build in some weird way, but it worked. We didn't re-build the traditional way, but your management has to actually seize opportunities. The difference between the Leafs and Panthers is we had a lot of money to make those trades. Franson, Lupul, and even Phaneuf to a sense were cap dumps. Kessel didn't want to play there anymore either. So 4 of our best players were acquired via our managment just being in the right place at the right time. We were able to do that type of rebuild because we had a large amount of money to spend and bury in the AHL if need be. I don't think it's the same for the Panthers.

Anyways, losing sucks. I honestly feel for you guys. But if you have faith in your management you just pray they make the right moves.
Do you know which teams' board you are on? 9 years is nothing buddy. We haven't won a playoff series since '96. Nobody knows losing like us.

Old
11-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
settle down, beavis. the leafs haven't won anything - they certainly did not win the kessel trade (the Bs got erickson for seguin and hamilton's 20 and played 50 games) and they haven't won a playoff series yet. and they've spent a crap ton of money to get here.
I would much rather be the Leafs right now. You?

Closed Thread