HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
The Truth

vCash: 500
How about Desharnais for Gomez and pick

Old
10-16-2013, 08:15 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Id trade gionta for a big bodied 3rd liner, we all saw how well DD played with bourque and prust
You can't trade Gionta straight up. He has negative trade value as a player with that $5M contract.

The only possible value to anyone is his expiring $5M contract. The only way that a team would want him or you could move him is to take a dud player in return who has a contract close to that $5M amount but with a longer term.

While we are at this, Desharnais with his $3.5M contract for four years is also not going anywhere unless you take equivalent junk in return.

Last edited by RealityBytes: 10-16-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old
10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Not much interest in Schlemko, he's no better than Bouillon or Beaulieu/Tinordi IMO.
The only real comparable among those 3 w/ Schlemko is Beaulieu. Schlemko is a reliable bottom 4 PMD who can play in any situation. Nothing flashy in particular, but he's solid in both ends. He just gets understandably overshadowed by having to play behind Yandle and OEL on the left side of our blueline, and with Gormley and Rundblad in the pipeline.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
AmeriHab

BGally to Van

Kassian+ to mtl

Old
10-16-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
BGally to Van

Kassian+ to mtl
Gally has more grit than the whole Canuck team. We'll pass.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
mrinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
There is no way a team would trade for Desharnais at this point in time.
Edmonton or Florida both team sucks in the middle

Old
10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
mrinsane

I'd like Patrick Sharp or Troy Brouwer. Maybe Brouwer vs 3rd pick + Morgan Ellis could work

Old
10-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't see the obsession with trading Desharnais right now.

1-the Habs are better with him than without him, please don't give me this BS that Bournival can do better
2-a pile of NHL teams are in cap trouble right now, so it's a bad time to try and move salary
3-Even if we moved him and freed 3.5 mil off the books, what will we replace it with? Blunden? LeBlanc? Pass.
4-Galchenyuk is doing well on LW, why screw him up by giving him more responsibility at center, he would probably end up with less ice time tahn he has right now.
5-once the current season is done, teams will still be looking for centers and most of the ones in cap hell will get relief(players coming off the books, cap going up) and will be in a better position to take DD, then we can actually get good rurn instead of giving him away...then having to hear about getting nothing back(see Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Beauchemin etc).

Old
10-17-2013, 05:06 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Trade targets. Our needs are defenceman and big wingers to fill gaps now and in the future. Buying local goods is great for the environment and promotes growth in local markets so....

Tier 1
Simon Despres, PIT
Alex Chiasson, DAL

Tier 2
Marco Scandella, MIN
Jordan Caron, BOS

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
XXXX-Desharnais-Briere
Moen-Bournival-Prust

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-XXXX
(Murray)

And yes, these positions are subject to change as we will likely be rotating Tinordi/Bournival with any young player we acquire based on production and ability.

What is this only trading for people born in Mtl or french players. Not saying they are bad players, but for you to only look at frenchies, is a really dumb strategy. Would you rather Ovechking or David Perron because Perron speaks french.

Unless, that wasn't in your thought process, then carry on....

Old
10-17-2013, 05:23 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Someone on the Columbus GDT wants to get DD for Umberger (6'2" 220lbs 4.5$m). Unfortunately I doubt it was their GM who posted.

Old
10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Someone on the Columbus GDT wants to get DD for Umberger (6'2" 220lbs 4.5$m). Unfortunately I doubt it was their GM who posted.
Umberger is no more worth his cap hit than DD. He's no longer the 55 point player he was 3-4 years ago, plus he has 3 more years left after this year.

Old
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Kek is one smart mother****er. Not sure I want him talking to Berg.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEraGM View Post
What is this only trading for people born in Mtl or french players. Not saying they are bad players, but for you to only look at frenchies, is a really dumb strategy. Would you rather Ovechking or David Perron because Perron speaks french.

Unless, that wasn't in your thought process, then carry on....
These are the types of players I want and they're mainly from Quebec because that's where they played junior, they’re players I'm familiar with and have watched develop. Not much to do with language or culture.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Garry Valk

Would no one consider Latendresse to replace Pacioretty short term? Cheap, similar type of player, only 26 and has scored 29 before. How many guys 26 and under have scored 29 goals in a year? 15?

Old
10-17-2013, 07:59 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Would no one consider Latendresse to replace Pacioretty short term? Cheap, similar type of player, only 26 and has scored 29 before. How many guys 26 and under have scored 29 goals in a year? 15?
They're not similar at all. That's the issue.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
They're not similar at all. That's the issue.
They are reasonably similar. They have size and can score 25-30 goals. That's as similar as you're going to get when it comes to UFAs who are available.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:58 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
They are reasonably similar. They have size and can score 25-30 goals. That's as similar as you're going to get when it comes to UFAs who are available.
Your definition of similar is way off from mine. Latendresse AFAIK is still a bottom 6 right winger. He isn't fast, doesn't really use his size other than in rare occasions where the opportunity is obvious and will not help cover the lost of a player like Pacioretty who is also superior defensively.

Besides, this is the trade thread right?

Old
10-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Your definition of similar is way off from mine. Latendresse AFAIK is still a bottom 6 right winger. He isn't fast, doesn't really use his size other than in rare occasions where the opportunity is obvious and will not help cover the lost of a player like Pacioretty who is also superior defensively.

Besides, this is the trade thread right?
Ok, I agree with you generally, I should have been more specific - I meant guys that can be had without giving up assets. He's the most similar UFA available. But I completely agree MP is superiour in almost every way.

And I figured perhaps we'd have to deal something to Switzerland to land Lats.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:12 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes fan back in peace. How available is Tim Bozon? And if he is, what would be his asking price? I think he'd be a good addition to our prospect pool with his sniping ability + two-way upside.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan back in peace. How available is Tim Bozon? And if he is, what would be his asking price? I think he'd be a good addition to our prospect pool with his sniping ability + two-way upside.
I'm not sure about asking price (would need a slight overpayment since we don't really have an incentive to move him though) but if the right offer came along he could be moved.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I'm not sure about asking price (would need a slight overpayment since we don't really have an incentive to move him though) but if the right offer came along he could be moved.
Would Schlemko + Rieder do it?

Old
10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No real need at all for Schlemko imo

Old
10-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Draft

Quote:
Don't need Schlemko and I'm not sold on Rieder. That being said, I think Rieder's familiarity with C.Thomas would play to his advantage in this situation. Another issue we run into is the fact that we're lacking in capable, well-rounded LW prospects. Not so sure Bozon is available.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:29 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Overpayment? How about a 1st?

You'll need to get him in a package deal with some roster player coming to Montreal, otherwise the trade will be pointless and the org would never bother.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
LePoche69

Would you guys do Gionta for Heatley straight up?

Closed Thread