HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk IX

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 11:01 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Incidentally, the TSN panel (between periods of Anaheim - Calgary) were unanimous that Giroux was the leading candidate of 4 names (sorry, I forget the 3 others) who was playing himself off Team Canada.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:40 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Incidentally, the TSN panel (between periods of Anaheim - Calgary) were unanimous that Giroux was the leading candidate of 4 names (sorry, I forget the 3 others) who was playing himself off Team Canada.
Skipping the orientation camp didn't help either.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

no to Vanek. it would just be another forward making big money. for what? prospects and players on good deals? pass.

Old
10-17-2013, 01:11 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
I'm not sure if there's a connection, or if anyone has discussed it, but the Las Vegas Wranglers employ Keith Primeau as Special Asst to the GM and Director of Player Development. When LV came to play the Titans last season, Primeau met up with the team, and helped coach the game. He has family and a business here locally, as well as a coaching gig at Bishop Eustace, so he's rarely actually with the Wranglers. I wonder if someone in the Bryz camp reached out to Keith, or vise-versa and offered him that temporary opportunity since Bryz is still in Haddonfield

Old
10-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'm not sure if there's a connection, or if anyone has discussed it, but the Las Vegas Wranglers employ Keith Primeau as Special Asst to the GM and Director of Player Development. When LV came to play the Titans last season, Primeau met up with the team, and helped coach the game. He has family and a business here locally, as well as a coaching gig at Bishop Eustace, so he's rarely actually with the Wranglers. I wonder if someone in the Bryz camp reached out to Keith, or vise-versa and offered him that temporary opportunity since Bryz is still in Haddonfield
If he needs to use a connection to get an ECHL gig that speaks volumes about how the inner circles of hockey view the guy.

That is, of course, just an "if" though.

10-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Curufinwe

Trade for Vanek and then watch him sign for 8 years, $7.5 million in Minnesota.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Trade for Vanek and then watch him sign for 8 years, $7.5 million in Minnesota.
I'm pretty sure the deal would be contingent on him getting an extension. Like a window for an extension, without that, no deal.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Hiesenberg

I like Vanek and I like what he brings, but there is just something about that deal I don't like.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I'm pretty sure the deal would be contingent on him getting an extension. Like a window for an extension, without that, no deal.
You can't make him sign a deal before the trade and the guy has strong Minnesota ties, and they will be free from Heatley's deal after this season so they will have the cap room to sign him.

Carchidi is clueless.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:47 AM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no to Vanek. it would just be another forward making big money. for what? prospects and players on good deals? pass.
What kind of package did Kovy take to get?

1. Oduya
2. Some russian that ended up going back to NJ only to have Jeff Carter end his career with the only body check he ever through.
3. Some other center prospect that never panned out?

Would equate to Coburn/Grossmann, Noebels, and Cousins?

Old
10-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Curufinwe

The only team that should be trading for Vanek is a contender who needs to add scoring punch at the deadline and is comfortable giving away a 1st round pick and a prospect for a rental.

What are the odds that Philly is in that position? 5% or less I'd say.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
You can't make him sign a deal before the trade and the guy has strong Minnesota ties, and they will be free from Heatley's deal after this season so they will have the cap room to sign him.

Carchidi is clueless.
They can request a negotiating window if a deal as been agreed upon hinging on signing an extension. If Vanek should balk after the deal is made, well, then he's a giant ******. I'm more interested to see Minnesota pay 3 guys 7M/yr and two others at 5 & 6

Old
10-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Hiesenberg

He's a pure rental, because he's not signing with anybody else but Minnesota. So that actually hurts Buffalo, they'll end up with a mediocre return

Old
10-17-2013, 07:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Why is he going to Minnesota?

Old
10-17-2013, 08:03 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
He played his college hockey at the University of Minnesota. I guess he considers that his home in the states.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
He lived there for a couple of years and he's besties with Pominville & Heatley.

Apparently the NHL is like high school all over again.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So Bryz is turning down NHL teams after the crap he's pulled the last 2 seasons? Sounds like Winter is making up BS again...

EDIT: Just saw MSE's post....apologies for the duplicate

Quote:
•Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Ilya Bryzgalov’s Las Vegas tryout is over.

“Bryz will train at home in [New Jersey] until the right NHL job comes around,” his agent Ritch Winter told ESPN.com via email Wednesday night. “He has turned down one NHL offer recently and will wait until the right opportunity presents itself. There is no rush. He is in great shape and ready to go when the right opportunity arises.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-waits-for-nhl

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 10-17-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old
10-17-2013, 10:22 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

The Devils are accepting submissions for a new goal song after fan backlash

The Flyers fans only saving grace from our bad goal song is that the team doesn't score a lot of goals....

Quote:
I can safely say I've never seen anything like it. I was sitting from my perch in the press box as Damien Brunner scored the first New Jersey Devil goal of the season during the club's home opener against the New York Islanders. The celebration started, and then all of a sudden, you heard the strangest noise.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar..._head_14795747

Old
10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
The Flyers fans only saving grace from our bad goal song is that the team doesn't score a lot of goals....
The Devils' fans chanting "you suck!" during the goal celebration is so lame. How old are these people?

Old
10-17-2013, 11:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
What kind of package did Kovy take to get?

1. Oduya
2. Some russian that ended up going back to NJ only to have Jeff Carter end his career with the only body check he ever through.
3. Some other center prospect that never panned out?

Would equate to Coburn/Grossmann, Noebels, and Cousins?
the Flyers are in no position capwise to acquire Vanek. I am pretty sure if the Sabres do move Vanek it will be for younger players and prospects with little salary coming back.
Maybe I am wrong about that. I dont think Vanek is the cure to this teams problems.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:18 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

We had our Vanek with Nodle...we didn't develop him properly

Old
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Hiesenberg

I'm confused how people think Vanek, who can score a lot of goals doesn't help this team.

Really? A goal scorer on a team with the fewest amount of goals scored per game and overall won't help?

Old
10-17-2013, 11:43 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I'm confused how people think Vanek, who can score a lot of goals doesn't help this team.

Really? A goal scorer on a team with the fewest amount of goals scored per game and overall won't help?
He is a good player. What cost do you think would take to acquire him and can we take on that contract and manage to stay cap complaint. We are already using LTIR money. Not a fan of adding even more salary right now.
I dont think Buffalo moves him right now anyway. They can wait and deal him closer to the deadline when there will be more teams competing for his services. At that time will the Flyers be in a position to make a move like that? Right now the answer is fairly obvious. No.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
He is a good player. What cost do you think would take to acquire him and can we take on that contract and manage to stay cap complaint. We are already using LTIR money. Not a fan of adding even more salary right now.
I dont think Buffalo moves him right now anyway. They can wait and deal him closer to the deadline when there will be more teams competing for his services. At that time will the Flyers be in a position to make a move like that? Right now the answer is fairly obvious. No.
And all of those concerns are very valid. No problems with that, but Vanek, in a vacuum would be almost EXACTLY what this team needs.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Garbage Goal

He's a FA at the end of the season and has a high cap hit. I don't want to move anyone for him unless they're reasonably sure they will sign him otherwise it's just a waste.

Closed Thread