HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Couturier vs. Brayden Schenn

Old
10-17-2013, 01:33 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
I love the guy but like I said he looks out of position on the ice and doesn't seem able to score. Couts, Schenn and Simmer really stepped up a while back when the Flyers were in the playoffs and I would really like to see that again, I do see it in Schenn but not in Couts. Simmer is a whole other story and thread.
Kinda tough to stand out offensively when you're counted on to be the key defensive center at 20 years old, and with only one legitimate winger. It's not even like Couturier and Talbot have chemistry. Talbot is just a place holder until they find a better alternative, hence why they were so hard after Cleary.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Appleyard

Schenn: 55 points
Couts: 30-35 points

Schenn after 45 last year should continue to trend upwards in points, he had a great year last year for the minutes he got.

Couts aint gona crack 40 unless his role is changed... or he gets heavy PP time. (like 2+ a game) If he hits 40 in his current role he is something super special.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Curufinwe

Couturier will be lucky to crack 30 points when he only starts in the offensive zone around 35% of the time.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Couturier will be lucky to crack 30 points when he only starts in the offensive zone around 35% of the time.
Yeh, but I think him on 35% can still produce 30... he almost did last year (factored upwards) while doing that and having insane QOC. But it will be 50/50 if he does have those minutes.

I would really like to the the zone starts and QOC split more evenly over the year between the lines, so he gets about 40% instead, which is far more reasonable for a top end shut down 3C, and does give him the chance to produce while still taking hard minutes.

My expected range for him if his minutes do not change is 27-35 really.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote