HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #8|Thu., Oct. 17, 2013|Penguins at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2013, 03:53 PM
  #101
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Got two tickets for 19 each today. Life's good. Hopefully we get a w.

4thline4life is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 03:58 PM
  #102
mantis toboggan
Registered User
 
mantis toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
I'm trying to prevent myself from getting too hyped up for this game, cause I don't want to be severely disappointed. It's not working at all

mantis toboggan is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
  #103
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
I'm going to miss this game as well. Hopefully it's a solid decisive victory I'm missing.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:14 PM
  #104
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,453
vCash: 500
So Pitt are dressing Engelland as a forward? Is that just to make us play Rosehill so we effectively have 11 forwards, (and they can role 7 D.) or have they just gone crazy?

Appleyard is online now  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:17 PM
  #105
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis toboggan View Post
I'm trying to prevent myself from getting too hyped up for this game, cause I don't want to be severely disappointed. It's not working at all
I know what you mean... I rarely play PC games any-more... but played about 10 games of NHL 2004 (reloaded 2013) today, 2 vs Pitt. It got me pretty pumped up for tonight. That game made me miss Doop, even though I did not like it, as I associate it so heavily with the Flyers scoring in the playoffs I can't help but get pumped!


Last edited by Appleyard: 10-17-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Appleyard is online now  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  #106
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
19 dollars? wtf

SuchySays is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  #107
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,120
vCash: 500
I used to get Tastykakes all the time to eat during the games when they'd score. I didn't get any last season or in the beginning of this one, so I decided to get some today. If we win I'm not eating any of them and I'm keeping them in a safe until we start losing again.

No need to thank me, just doing my part.

Striiker is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  #108
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Somebody besides Tye McGinn needs to score.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:45 PM
  #109
Wami
Chicken Lyfe'
 
Wami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
I'm banking on a huge comeback, just fantasy traded mason raymond for claude giroux, let's go philly!

Wami is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
  #110
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,976
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wami View Post
I'm banking on a huge comeback, just fantasy traded mason raymond for claude giroux, let's go philly!
Haha, I'm trying to lowball on Giroux too. No takers thus far.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  #111
Wami
Chicken Lyfe'
 
Wami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha, I'm trying to lowball on Giroux too. No takers thus far.
You're trying to get Giroux? Or give him away?

Wami is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:02 PM
  #112
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wami View Post
You're trying to get Giroux? Or give him away?
he's trying to get him.

SuchySays is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
  #113
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I know what you mean... I rarely play PC games any-more... but played about 10 games of NHL 2004 (reloaded 2013) today, 2 vs Pitt. It got me pretty pumped up for tonight. That game made me miss Doop, even though I did not like it, as I associate it so heavily with the Flyers scoring in the playoffs I can't help but get pumped!
Ha. NHL 2004 is (for me) the best NHL game ever. The defensive play in it is fantastic

kudymen is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
  #114
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Ha. NHL 2004 is (for me) the best NHL game ever. The defensive play in it is fantastic
Yeh, board battles as well, neutral zone harder to get through... it is pretty perfect, about as realistic as any other hockey game ever made. Have you downloaded the stuff from the rebuilt project? If you have not it is awesome, basically just NHL 14 for PC, and even more realistic than it was originally. It is worth it even if (like me) you had not played on it in years/don't play many games any-more fullstop.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/

Appleyard is online now  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #115
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
continuous EA Sports OT :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh, board battles as well, neutral zone harder to get through... it is pretty perfect, about as realistic as any other hockey game ever made. Have you downloaded the stuff from the rebuilt project? If you have not it is awesome, basically just NHL 14 for PC, and even more realistic than it was originally. It is worth it even if (like me) you had not played on it in years/don't play many games any-more fullstop.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/
Honestly, I haven't tried it yet. I had some trouble running NHL 2004 under windows 7 (some issues with the main menu itself made it crash regularly - I didn't even get to play any games) so I haven't played it in years, literally. Thanks for the info though, never heard about that mod, I need to get to it once I find my game CDs


As for the game against the Pens, hopefully I will watch the whole thing (unless I fall asleep at 3am during the 3rd). I'm pretty sure I will be entertained, one way or the other

kudymen is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
  #116
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Woodstown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Ha. NHL 2004 is (for me) the best NHL game ever. The defensive play in it is fantastic
Sad that it was the Dany Heatley year. More ppl I knew talked about him on the cover rather than the games itself.

Even before Heatley, Joe Thornton was removed because of legal charges. Weird cover jinx that year.

El Emperor is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  #117
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Sad that it was the Dany Heatley year. More ppl I knew talked about him on the cover rather than the games itself.

Even before Heatley, Joe Thornton was removed because of legal charges. Weird cover jinx that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Honestly, I haven't tried it yet. I had some trouble running NHL 2004 under windows 7 (some issues with the main menu itself made it crash regularly - I didn't even get to play any games) so I haven't played it in years, literally. Thanks for the info though, never heard about that mod, I need to get to it once I find my game CDs


As for the game against the Pens, hopefully I will watch the whole thing (unless I fall asleep at 3am during the 3rd). I'm pretty sure I will be entertained, one way or the other
Mine has Joe Sakic on it... so I suppose the third guy onto a NHL cover in the same year breaks the cover curse! ;p He had a great 03-04.


Yeh, I'm on vista so it runs pretty ok, but there is info on that site about getting it working properly in 7.

So long as the Flyers score some goals tonight and make a game of it I will be happy... though ofc 2 points would be nice!

Appleyard is online now  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:13 PM
  #118
MP92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Man, a little under an hour away from puck drop and I still am not pumped about this game like I normally would be. 1-6-0 and only 10 goals through 7 games will do that to ya.

MP92 is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:17 PM
  #119
GingerFetish
Registered User
 
GingerFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
we need a good clean solid hyut

GingerFetish is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
  #120
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,154
vCash: 500
I'm preparing myself for a letdown

Vikke is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:33 PM
  #121
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Ha. NHL 2004 is (for me) the best NHL game ever. The defensive play in it is fantastic
Best soundtrack on a sports game ever... I remember playing against my brother (as a kid) all the time with the awesome songs the game had.

Sniped is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:37 PM
  #122
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
I'm usually very optimistic, but the way things have been going when it rains it pours, this is how I feel
"But everyone knows that a man ain't supposed to cry, I gotta cry cause cryin eases the pain"
Prove me wrong boys, prove me wrong

RespectTheCouts is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:41 PM
  #123
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 18,549
vCash: 500
Got a good feeling !

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:48 PM
  #124
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
im more pumped eagles cowboys... maybe i can transfer some of that hype to this game. But I need hartnell to get pumped for a game like this.

Jtown is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
  #125
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
*Channelling Rodu*

As if Giroux and Voracek will break their goal scoring drought tonight in a win against Pittsburgh.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.