HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
For the same reason that Plekanec has only missed 6 games the last 8 years. They play like little girls.
Though it's not the strength of his game, Plekanec will get his nose dirty. At his size and with the minutes/roles he plays it would be dumb for him to try and play like Clutterbuck or R.White.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:02 AM
domdo345

To be honest I think Patches has the big man syndrome where, probably his whole career before getting to the NHL, he was the one of the biggest player on the ice and didn't need to protect himself. When he first came in the NHL he was just about to get his head ripped off everytime he touched the puck. I'd say it is the same for many big guys, per exemple Tinordi. When he received the puck form Gorges behind the net versus Calgary he just never protected himself to receive a hit.

At the opposite, players like DD, Brière, St-louis, Pleckanec...etc have learned wayyyy before the NHL to protect themselves. I mean, look at Patches on the Colton Orr hit. He never anticipated to be hit on that play. Sucks because our forward group is much less impressive without him. Sucks big time.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Gustave

René has the flu. GTD.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:24 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Don't lie... no one gets you.

I get that you were "kidding" but it was a pretty dry "joke" to begin with. "my username is proof" itself is not an agnostic statement. So... yeah. I don't think anybody "skool'd" you but yeah, that was a bit of a dud on all counts.
I got it.

Lighten up Mr Negative. Don't you have a Hab player to bash somewhere?

Regarding Drewiske, I also hate that his injury is bringing some sense of joy to some people. Similar to Gionta having to miss games because of his son.

Karma is a ***** and karma is kicking our ass with injuries.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

^ karma? wtf did we do to get karma angry? win a ****loads more cups than everybody else?

Old
10-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
To be honest I think Patches has the big man syndrome where, probably his whole career before getting to the NHL, he was the one of the biggest player on the ice and didn't need to protect himself. When he first came in the NHL he was just about to get his head ripped off everytime he touched the puck. I'd say it is the same for many big guys, per exemple Tinordi. When he received the puck form Gorges behind the net versus Calgary he just never protected himself to receive a hit.

At the opposite, players like DD, Brière, St-louis, Pleckanec...etc have learned wayyyy before the NHL to protect themselves. I mean, look at Patches on the Colton Orr hit. He never anticipated to be hit on that play. Sucks because our forward group is much less impressive without him. Sucks big time.
You raise a good point.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post

Agreed 100% I remember patches almost getting his head ripped off in the beginning too. I really hate to say this but in the Chara hit if he saw that Chara wasn't going to let up maybe he should have let up himself instead of putting himself in that vulnerable position? Someone brought up a good point last night on TV talking about the Boyle hit. The rule is you are no longer allowed to hit players from behind so players are no longer protecting themselves like they used to.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Karma is a ***** and karma is kicking our ass with injuries.
Karma? More like injury purgatory. The amount of injuries the Habs have suffered goes beyond fate, it's punishment from the Gods which they incurred from practicing black voodoo magic to win all those cups and now it's time to pay the debt.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Habsawce

Is Montreal already the team with the most injuries so far this season? Seems like the same tale every year.

Old
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Is Montreal already the team with the most injuries so far this season? Seems like the same tale every year.
I'm not sure of a site that covers man games lost, but I would imagine we're top 5.

It could be a possibility that the swelling hadn't gone down and that's why they didn't know earlier in the day. If that's the case... We're ****ed.

Old
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
EveryDay

No update yet........... It doesn't sound good if they keep this secret.

Old
10-17-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
And it seems to be injuries to key players always...either top 6 forwards or top 4 dmen

Habs just can't shake that injury bug

Old
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Last year for the regular season the team was pretty healthy but they had a few big ones at playoff time...Emelin Price Prust Pacioretty and Gionta.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He's going in for an MRI, there's no sneaking.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I dunno, I thought MRI results were pretty automatic.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:09 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He's going in for an MRI, there's no sneaking.
Usually they have a pretty good idea of the severity before the MRI. The fact that they haven't updated at all is not good news.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
If it was REALLLY bad why would they keep it a secret?

I can't see it being ACL or MCL tear because they would have known 24 hours ago.

If they needed another MRI it's probably a muscle pull/tear, which can be 1-2 weeks to 8-12 weeks, but not as bad as knee ligaments.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Draft

MRI results are in..... yikes, looks bad man.

Honestly though, if it takes longer than today, MAYBE we should be concerned.... I think we should wait a little longer. Personally, I don't expect it to be positive news. I think there's a good chance he'd know without an MRI if it was just a strain or pull.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
If it was REALLLY bad why would they keep it a secret?

I can't see it being ACL or MCL tear because they would have known 24 hours ago.

If they needed another MRI it's probably a muscle pull/tear, which can be 1-2 weeks to 8-12 weeks, but not as bad as knee ligaments.
agreed, ..i think its almost assured max misses something like 2-3 months, but thats still not as bad as a blown out knee

Old
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

The "Bob McKenzie" Twitter account that just tweeted 4 months don't be fooled it's fake.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenlze 9m
Max Pacioretty will be out for 4 months. #Habs #NHL

Old
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
The "Bob McKenzie" Twitter account that just tweeted 4 months don't be fooled it's fake.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenlze 9m
Max Pacioretty will be out for 4 months. #Habs #NHL
What. The. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Edit: okay good...

Last edited by Pricenyuk: 10-17-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old
10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Usually they have a pretty good idea of the severity before the MRI. The fact that they haven't updated at all is not good news.
I had an MRI on my left knee and they said there was no ligament damage so I had my patella repaired and during the surgery they discovered I had a grade 2 tear in my ACL. Therefore, I don't have much faith in those machines!

ps. They didn't even fix it haha

From personal experience, if it's an ACL injury that doesn't require surgery he's looking at at least 3 weeks I would imagine. It takes a while for swelling to go down and then you have to make sure it's going to hold. Are we sure it's the knee btw?

Old
10-17-2013, 05:19 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
^ karma? wtf did we do to get karma angry? win a ****loads more cups than everybody else?
Here is an example......

Canadiens: Should The Ghosts Of The Forum Be Left To Rest?

http://thefarmclub.net/2013/10/02/ca...rum-left-rest/

It does not help that a large portion of the fanbase does not fully understand or appreciate the purpose of "Passing the Torch".

Bad karma to turn away from the storied past and success of the Habs.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Good thing about the injury being like 5 games into the season is that if we can get into the playoffs without him, then, worst case scenario, he should be back in time to help us then.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Good thing about the injury being like 5 games into the season is that if we can get into the playoffs without him, then, worst case scenario, he should be back in time to help us then.
Exactly what I keep repeating myself to stay positive.

Closed Thread