HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 19.0 - "Allez Montreal" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Can't wait for the season to end. I want to hear that Romero, Pisanu, Arnaud, and Paponi will not be back next season. We've got to bring at least an attacking midfielder to start instead of Felipe, a legit midfielder to replace Arnaud and who can take Bernier's spot when needed, a legit starter at left wing and another striker.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:44 PM
AnthonyD

For all of you complaining about Di Vaio's body language after mistakes. Do you watch european football? It happens all the time. Its part of the culture almost, doesnt mean he hates them personally. And what would you do? Have you seen the ****** play of the wing players and Wenger's first touches/finishing? What do you want him to do? Smile and congratulate their awful play!? He wants them to do better, so that the team will be better. He's always been a liked and respected teamate.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:48 PM
MaxChart

Idgaf about what they do in Europe. He's in the MLS, not in Serie A.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:58 PM
MayorFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxChart View Post
Idgaf about what they do in Europe. He's in the MLS, not in Serie A.
seriously relax, I don't mind MDV body language at all. Generally Italians are more expressive. It happens all the time in international football.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:58 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
So are we going to keep firing out coach every year because our players can't stop acting like ****ing babies? The players NEED to be held accountable.
That's what I've been saying a lot this week.

Schalli always whines about refs and gives excuses all the time. He doesn't hold anyone accountable... He needs to go. We need a hard ass, someone who will make everyone accountable, even the stars, ESPECIALLY THE STARS!

That being said, it will be tough to find such a coach.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:15 AM
gelu88

Honestly after some thought I don't mind this game too much.

Most commentators, and most of us, assumed we would lose this game. I certainly did.

The way it happened was hard to take, but the final score was not surprising.

And yet, our kids put on a very impressive performance, and many players that make this team effective were missing.

We missed Perkins, Ferarri, Nesta, Camara as his ideal position as FullBack, Bernier and Arnaud.

All of those guys will play Saturday.

We might be backing into the playoffs, but I'm not worried yet!

Old
10-17-2013, 12:59 AM
MayorFord

you can add mapp to your list

Old
10-17-2013, 01:04 AM
gelu88

Good point.

Saturday we should expect something like this right?

Perkins
Camara-Ferarri-Nesta-Tissot
Bernier-Bernardello
Mapp-Felipe-(Wenger/Romero/Nyassi/Smith)
Di Vaio

Old
10-17-2013, 02:12 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Anyone but Romero pls.

Old
10-17-2013, 04:03 AM
gelu88

I think this is a good time to take a breath and take a look at our salary info. Consider the individual performances we are dealing with in the context of what they are making.

Especially the guys who won't be back next year.

It makes me feel better to remind myself that the core of this team are all quality players who make a reasonable amount of money. It proves that irrespective of on field performance, the FO is in control.

Last edited by gelu88: 10-17-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old
10-17-2013, 07:30 AM
justsomeguy

One out of the last 18 possible points and, if things go poorly on Saturday against Philadelphia, Toronto gets a shot at applying the coup de grace to the 2013 season.

37-year-old DP's contract gets extended before the head coach's does.

Sure didn't look like those kinds of scenarios might play out a month and a half ago.

As entertaining as it may prove to be in retrospect, I'd certainly certainly not want to be one of Mr. Saputo's soccer employees in the next couple days.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Good point.

Saturday we should expect something like this right?

Perkins
Camara-Ferarri-Nesta-Tissot
Bernier-Bernardello
Mapp-Felipe-(Wenger/Romero/Nyassi/Smith)
Di Vaio
Should be.... but all bets are off now I think.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

There is just no excuses for such a meltdown but hey its just a sport. Even if IMFC would be out we would still be here the next day to talk about other things... but thats one heck of a bad finnish as a team.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
QcS

The meltdown in the standings started in the second half of the season, but people don`t seem to remember that even early in the year, the team was winning games without having played very well. I remember some of the first games we won in the season where we came out and were happy the team won, but we thought ''we were lucky''.

The team just hasn`t improved at all as the season went by, and other teams have.

It`s crazy how many balls the guys just ''give away''. Most games, it`s just unwatchable. Last night though, i only caught the first half, and thought it was actually a decent game. Montréal easily could have gotten to the half leading by 1 or 2.. but unfortunately Wenger is not a finisher. Not blaming him.. you either have it or you don`t when it comes to being a striker, but had the chances been buried, the game result could have been very different.

Old
10-17-2013, 05:55 PM
JunglePete

I dont know why Im laughing at your comments, this is exactly what Ive been saying for months! There is quality is our squad but thats not enough. People are blaming Wenger, but in this kid last year I saw great potential (we all did, dont lie) and I keep reading how Wenger is a finisher in Reserves Games but why not MLS ? I wonder who puts pressure on him or maybe himself

Now for the game yesterday, caught only the first game thought it was a very decent game. No excuse : Oh look at the squad, I agree but dont forget LAG were without Donovan, Keane, Gonzalez. They had Academy players as well and their 3rd Goalkeeper.
Whatever, on to the next.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
I dont know why Im laughing at your comments, this is exactly what Ive been saying for months! There is quality is our squad but thats not enough. People are blaming Wenger, but in this kid last year I saw great potential (we all did, dont lie) and I keep reading how Wenger is a finisher in Reserves Games but why not MLS ? I wonder who puts pressure on him or maybe himself

Now for the game yesterday, caught only the first game thought it was a very decent game. No excuse : Oh look at the squad, I agree but dont forget LAG were without Donovan, Keane, Gonzalez. They had Academy players as well and their 3rd Goalkeeper.
Whatever, on to the next.
His goal against l'OL will forever have me sold on him being a striker. I just hope he can refind that form.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
His goal against l'OL will forever have me sold on him being a striker. I just hope he can refind that form.
Exactly from when I knew the guy had talent plus his goal early that year, I saw highlights from yesterday and no way a no.1 pick can suck that bad, specially when after that Di Vaio pass, its clearly pressure, dude is shaky, he needs confidence.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:22 AM
ArtPeur

Shall we target this guy too?

Toronto FC targets Alberto Gilardino?

Old
10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

http://www.rds.ca/en-direct MDV's presser. Ill edit in some quotes

Saputo:
  • MDV back for 14' season as a DP. Teammates & Coaching staff were "Extremely pleased" to hear the news of MDV coming back.
  • Sandro Nesta will have a "homage" for him in Saturday's game as his last Home Pro game ever.
  • Now that Marco is back for one year, it will make our job easier to transition and find someone that can step in his boots. No rush, will be able to find the [ideally] perfect fit
  • Now that MDV's case is closed, we'll work on Schallibaum
  • Saputo (and a lot of other teams) found the idea of a winter calendar ridicioulous when talked about in the MLS Board of Gov. meetings
  • Without goin in to details, they modified MDV's option on his contract. It didn't come down to them to take or leave the option. By fixing with the option, Joey says that MDV's salary was "negocie a la hausse" (Salary increase)

Di Vaio:
  • Wants to keep playing, only thing that made him hesitate was the family (Illness + Being away from his immediate family). Wanted to know if his wife could be alone for a year.
  • Decided to make his decision before the end of the season so the fans would see that he isn't staying JUST because they made the playoffs and they're winning, and will stay even if they dont make it this year, although he does want to absolutely win and make the playoffs at any cost
  • There are a lot of players that want to come to Montreal according to MDV. (Joey: Do you guys want to see the list? *laughs* all around)
  • When asked about his body language, he says its the "Result" that frustrates him. The fact that they're not winning
  • Thanks Bologna, because he signed a contract with them to work in the office, and everyone expected him back, but they respected his decision.
  • When asked if it will be his last contract, he laughed and said "I don't know, things change quickly, just look at the last 3 months"

NDS:
  • Team bottled last 6 games. Ref missed Penalty vs LA & team deserved at least one pt
  • [On penaltys] It has been 3 times now, has to change
  • Resigning Marco shows Europe and Italy that MTL is a comfortable place, that is competitive and welcoming

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 10-18-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old
10-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Maxpac

Nick Sabetti said Di Vaio gave him a LONG list of players in Series A that want to play for Impact, holy crap!!

Old
10-18-2013, 11:15 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
I'd love to see the list and I hope it has big names on it haha

But then again, I prefer not to see the list than to get super excited because Pirlo is on it and ends up not coming.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
NelloMello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Nick Sabetti said Di Vaio gave him a LONG list of players in Series A that want to play for Impact, holy crap!!
PMLTH is having a heart attack!!

Old
10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Captain Saku

I WANT NAMES!

Let's bring a guy like Miccoli. He can play behind Di Vaio. And a LW, who?

Old
10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
NelloMello

I read Xabi Alonso wants to play for either the Red Bulls or Galaxy once his contract expires in the Spanish League.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:04 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelloMello View Post
PMLTH is having a heart attack!!
Hahaha, I dont have a problem as long as they are consistent all Im asking, I dont want Serie B material loanees.

Closed Thread