HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

Old
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
briererocks

vCash: 500
Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

It is still way too early to throw in the towel, but it is very plausible that pretty soon this team may be out of the playoff contention. This begs the questions who deserves or should be traded:

1. Timmonen - he could probably yield a good prospect and draft prospect. He is not part of the future of this team.

2. Coburn - he is overrated and sucks. I cannot wait to see him wear another jersey.

3. Simmonds - he is highly overrated. He can score but is an awful passer and often loses board battles despite his size. In my opinion, he is a third line player - definitely not top 6. If we can get an excellent prospect back it is worth considering.

4. Meszaros- whatever we get back is a plus. Injuries ruined his development and possibly his career.

5. Grossman - he is a decent defenseman who is highly overrated because our defense is so pathetic. He is not a good passer and has no offensive ability. We do not need 6 stay at home defenseman. Schenn is a much better defenseman who plays a similar game.

6. Talbot - another fan favorite who should go depending on the return. If we can get a second for him or a good prospect he should be traded. He is only signed for 2 more years and if the return is good he should be traded.

Players who should not be traded.

1. Couturier - he is 20 years old. Everybody needs to chill out and be patient with him.

2. Voracek - he is a special player who is having a horrible season.

3. Giroux - see above.

4. Lecavalier - he is a great player on a bad team. Hopefully we can turn it around next season.

5. Mason - he has played very well despite the team in front of him.

6. B. Schenn - he is still young and getting better. We need to be patient.

7. L. Schenn - he is very physical, can pass and has some offensive acumen. Not a great player but very solid.

8. Read - he is a hardworker who made the NHL by sheer will. He can shoot, pass the puck, play a 2 way game etc.. He should be kept.

briererocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Victory5

Agreed 100%

Would also keep Rinaldo

Victory5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by briererocks View Post
It is still way too early to throw in the towel, but it is very plausible that pretty soon this team may be out of the playoff contention. This begs the questions who deserves or should be traded:

1. Timmonen - he could probably yield a good prospect and draft prospect. He is not part of the future of this team.

2. Coburn - he is overrated and sucks. I cannot wait to see him wear another jersey.

3. Simmonds - he is highly overrated. He can score but is an awful passer and often loses board battles despite his size. In my opinion, he is a third line player - definitely not top 6. If we can get an excellent prospect back it is worth considering.

4. Meszaros- whatever we get back is a plus. Injuries ruined his development and possibly his career.

5. Grossman - he is a decent defenseman who is highly overrated because our defense is so pathetic. He is not a good passer and has no offensive ability. We do not need 6 stay at home defenseman. Schenn is a much better defenseman who plays a similar game.

6. Talbot - another fan favorite who should go depending on the return. If we can get a second for him or a good prospect he should be traded. He is only signed for 2 more years and if the return is good he should be traded.

1. Couturier - he is 20 years old. Everybody needs to chill out and be patient with him.

3. Giroux - see above.

4. Lecavalier - he is a great player on a bad team. Hopefully we can turn it around next season.

7. L. Schenn - he is very physical, can pass and has some offensive acumen. Not a great player but very solid.

8. Read - he is a hardworker who made the NHL by sheer will. He can shoot, pass the puck, play a 2 way game etc.. He should be kept.
I agree except for Coburn and Simmonds. I don't think they are untradeable but you better get a signifcant piece back because neither has a replacement in the org for at least several years.

I am ready to move on from Kimmo not because he sucks but because I think they can aren't making it any further with or without him. Let him be the last piece for a cup contender and bring back some assets.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Flyerfan4life

the ONLY player that should be rock solid safe is Mason..

every other player is up for auction..

NOT kidding.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
tuckrr

I agree 100%

People, don't take "Simmonds is overrated" the wrong way. It means we would get a very large return for him, not that he isn't good.

IMO Hartnell should be on a neutral list, where he's fair game but only at the right price.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 1470
giving Hartnell a NMC was a dumb idea

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:48 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
trade everyone. i don't care. *Cutler face*

SuchySays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 365
I bet if any trades do go down the said players will look infinitely better on their new team...

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Coburn + Simmonds for what bundle?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
FlyingPhilly

I would trade anybody if the right deal came along; don't care if the player is the C, the best player on the team, or whatever. If the deal is too good to pass up, I am running away with it.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I bet if any trades do go down the said players will look infinitely better on their new team...
Yup, almost guaranteed

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Coburn + Simmonds for Klefbom and Hemsky?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Coburn + Simmonds for Klefbom and Hemsky?
No, for Eberle and some defender less valuable than Klefbom.

The OP's list is spot on except I would trade Hartnell in a heartbeat if he would waive.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Yup, almost guaranteed
No-one is going to look good until they are on the same wavelength for 60 minutes.

Since Berube took over the team has looked better over stretches of games, but then you see 7/10 passes back to back to no-one when the guy just moved, or a pass out of the zone as the D man did not pinch, or a puck off the boards for no-one coming in, and it breaks down for 10 minutes as they get stuck in the zone or can't stay in the O zone, and then penalties and goals against happen.

It is like dropping a match in a sawmill, the match itself is not enormous, or discernable to many, but what stems from it is profound and shocking.

I do think Coburn should be traded though if the return is good... he is what he is, a 3-4 who can get 20-25 points while bringing good, but inconsistent D, and there is no more waiting for him to bring it all together, two years ago it looked like he had, but last year and the start of this he has blown.

We should trade him for someone in a Coburnesque move though if we do IMO, as I doubt a good proven commodity could be got straight up (ie try and do a trade like we did to get him... a young player who already plays in the league, with potential but has not properly panned out)

Old
10-17-2013, 09:06 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I was a big Talbot fan two years ago. Gave home the benefit of the doubt last season. But I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was traded now.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Of course. That's how it always happens with us.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
No, for Eberle and some defender less valuable than Klefbom.

The OP's list is spot on except I would trade Hartnell in a heartbeat if he would waive.
Still think they would have kept Richards and maybe Carter over Hartnell and Briere except for the latter two's NMC contracts.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I'll probably take heat for this but I would look at moving Couturier this summer. He's good defensively but I don't ever see his offense coming around. He looks like a deer in headlights in the offensive zone.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Kevin Danko
Couple of Drinks Bud

vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by briererocks View Post

3. Giroux - see above.

1. we are not trading Timonen who has to have some sort of no trade cause…if anything he retires, he isn't going to accept a trade anywhere.

2. Coburn is underrated and to me has shown great growth this season on and off the ice, he seems like he is doing everything right but shooting.

3.Simmonds is underrated, and the quick turn of opinion after a few down games this season has been funny to watch, he just started putting it all together the third period and i thought along with Raffl…who i've been critical of, they looked great.

4. nothing

5. Grossman is getting better, his shot blocking and hitting is really important to this team.

6. Your not getting that kind of return for Talbot…honestly, with what is available out there on waivers i'd be shocked if he got picked up on a waiver.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:14 PM
flyersfan28

trade:
timonen,hartnell,grossman,talbot,streit,couturier, gill,talbot and talbot again

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He looks like a dear in headlights in the offensive zone.
So does Claude Giroux who will making almost 5 times Couturier's salary next year.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
So does Claude Giroux who will making almost 5 times Couturier's salary next year.
Yeh! Everyone pretty much does!

They did not all go crap at the same.

Hopefully this week off gives the team a chance to have a mini preseason/training camp to address and implement the things that needed to be done a month-two months ago.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
I'll probably take heat for this but I would look at moving Couturier this summer. He's good defensively but I don't ever see his offense coming around. He looks like a deer in headlights in the offensive zone.
You won't get good value for him and the defense will be much worse. You really think he will still have the same offensive game three years from now when he's stronger, more experienced and isn't carrying an anchor like Talbot on his line?

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Yes trade the most inexpensive top 9 forward over the summer. Keep the high paid top 6 forwards who cant hit the broad side of a barn.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:25 PM
flyersfan28

trade couturier for stewart

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote