HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Oct. 17, 2013|Penguins 4 at Flyers 1

Old
10-17-2013, 09:08 PM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

vCash: 500
Couturier has been a huge disappointment as well. He was a great passer in juniors and now can't pass the puck in front or behind him (even when there's no defenders!)

That said, i still wouldn't trade a bunch of assets away to acquire a player like vanek.

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
First team in history to not score at least 3 goals in a game through 8 games! Per Elias, LOL

Embarrassing.
In the expansion era. 1964-65 Bruins were the most recent team to do it. Then got Bobby Orr not soon thereafter. Party time.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Streit wasn't bad.

Coburn though. God. Damn. Last season and so far into this season he's been worse than hacksawing through your own shinbone. He needs to be moved immediately while he has a shred of value. Shake things up a little. Mez can't be worse and he's at least better at moving the puck.

Couturier was way, way too timid offensively. Absolutely fantastic on D, but he looked downright scared on offense. He wasn't trying to skate. He was a spectator for board battles, not even getting a stick in. He needs to be more active. With Lecavalier out we NEED him and Schenn to step the hell up. Talbot looked decent, which is nice, but Read was crappy and Couturier played with negative confidence.

Schenn. Schenn needs to stop missing wide open nets. Edit: He's soft on the puck, too. He failed to maintain posession at the end, leading to the ENG.

Simmonds was stumbling all over the place and for large chunks of the game Voracek made the puck look like a superbounce ball.

Giroux is trying too hard to force plays. Gripping the stick too tightly.

The reffing was inconsistent. That's frustrating, but it was a non-factor. There were noncalls for the Flyers too, like the Couturier high stick. We all know, including the team, that mysterious reffing is a fact of Pittsburgh games. That should no longer be a factor, and it's a poor excuse when they've busy going full Chernobyl reactor-fire on the ice.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-17-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Garbage Goal

I don't mean to be mean but anyone who was confident by an measure going into this game about our ability to win it was really fooling themselves. This is about what I expected.

So far this team is playing as one of the worst teams in Flyers history.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Funny how this team is off to the worst start in team history and he's not on the team... hmm...
If he were on the team we would be winless and he would have allowed 5 goals in the first period before quitting, allowing a no-effort 6th goal, and getting pulled.

Assuming he hadn't lost the starting spot by this point.

The Flyers have their record WITH a goalie who is constantly bailing them out. Imagine how this would be going with a goalie incapable of doing that? Hell, for all we know the Mason bubble will burst, he'll revert, and we'll find out how that will look.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't mean to be mean but anyone who was confident by an measure going into this game about our ability to win it was really fooling themselves. This is about what I expected.

Season from hell is starting to remind me of this

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
flyersfan02

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan02 Send a message via Yahoo to flyersfan02
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Which one is worst?

flyersfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post

I said it would end 5-1 Pens.... so I guess things went much better than I expected.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:13 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Shut up about that. If you people are going to cry and ***** constantly about the team I can certainly point out that the refs screwed us, especially when it's true. The team played good in the 1st but were screwed by two horrible calls against them, the 2nd was unbelievably terrible except for the last 20 seconds, and the third looked pretty good when they had a bunch of offensive pressure and the refs ignored at least 3 penalties which could've given them the goal that tied the game.
The point is you are gonna be pointing that out every game then b/c the Flyers are simply held to a different standard in regards to penalties than every other team in the league. Most of that bias stems from the Broad Street Bullies days. The team is consistently near the top in PIM for many years now. It isn't like this has only been happening the past few seasons.

Plus, at the end of the day you need to take advantage of your opportunities when you get them.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I'll give them two or three games after the break to judge but beyond that I'm done.

I mean, if you thought things would change for this game shame on you to be honest (not you in specific obviously).

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winston Wolf

I almost kind of feel bad for Lecavalier. I bet he wishes he could go back in time about 4 months.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:15 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan02 View Post
Which one is worst?
The same as far as wins losses so far. Season from hell we had only 2 wins in 11 games for october. 15 goals score by the flyers in that season through 8 games.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I almost kind of feel bad for Lecavalier. I bet he wishes he could go back in time about 4 months.
I wish the Flyers could go back in time 5 months and fire Lavi then.

This team would not have to be doing an on the fly preseason/system implementation if that were the case.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 147
this season so far

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winston Wolf

The officiating was fine. I really hate the hybrid icing and the Penguins definitely got a gift icing call on their second goal, but the Flyers had about 5-6 solid chances to score after that. They didn't and that's why they lost.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheKingPin

Quote:
I was thinking this too. Should have gone to DET.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:18 PM
MsWoof

Mason might be begging to go back to Columbus

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
The officiating was fine. I really hate the hybrid icing and the Penguins definitely got a gift icing call on their second goal, but the Flyers had about 5-6 solid chances to score after that. They didn't and that's why they lost.
While annoying, there has been league-wide inconsistency with the enforcement of the new rule. It is indeed subjective, but someone needs to start giving these refs guidance.

Old
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Refs did a good job and i think you see the flyers arguing calls way to much...to many guys shaking there heads with bad attitudes, reminds me of crosby

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Couturier has been a huge disappointment as well. He was a great passer in juniors and now can't pass the puck in front or behind him (even when there's no defenders!)

That said, i still wouldn't trade a bunch of assets away to acquire a player like vanek.
WTF are u talking about? I am the number 1 coots basher but jesus he has been great this year. I mean literally he is developing into one of the best defensive centers. He shuts down crosby all game, routinely generates scoring chances while defending against the other teams best and you complain about him.

Couturier is going to be a good player for this team, and is going to become quite impactful in a year or so.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Mota

Same story, different night.

They have a week off...might be the best thing for them.

All i know is, they better spend it in the practice rink...none of these BS "team bonding" trips.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
While annoying, there has been league-wide inconsistency with the enforcement of the new rule. It is indeed subjective, but someone needs to start giving these refs guidance.
It does seem at times that they are just guessing and have no idea how the rule actually works!

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:20 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Same story, different night.

They have a week off...might be the best thing for them.

All i know is, they better spend it in the practice rink...none of these BS "team bonding" trips.
This better be the hardest week of practices any of them have ever faced. Start with how to score on a open net

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
WTF are u talking about? I am the number 1 coots basher but jesus he has been great this year. I mean literally he is developing into one of the best defensive centers. He shuts down crosby all game, routinely generates scoring chances while defending against the other teams best and you complain about him.

Couturier is going to be a good player for this team, and is going to become quite impactful in a year or so.
Are you joking? As soon as he gets out of the defensive zone it's like he's playing with a pool noodle instead of a stick.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Psuhockey

Not sure I get the Couturier hate. He is tied for the least paid top 9 forward with Talbot for the next couple of years. Hate the guys who are actually getting big dollars to score.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote