HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

Old
10-17-2013, 09:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
You won't get good value for him and the defense will be much worse. You really think he will still have the same offensive game three years from now when he's stronger, more experienced and isn't carrying an anchor like Talbot on his line?
Yes, his skating still isn't very good & he's slow as hell. His shot is about the only good offensive tool he has & he barely shoots the puck.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:30 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

It just goes to show you how much this team overachieved in 2011-12. They go from a 100 pt team to this slop. They had us all fooled.

ILoveStephanieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
mailman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by briererocks View Post
It is still way too early to throw in the towel, but it is very plausible that pretty soon this team may be out of the playoff contention. This begs the questions who deserves or should be traded:

1. Timmonen - he could probably yield a good prospect and draft prospect. He is not part of the future of this team.

2. Coburn - he is overrated and sucks. I cannot wait to see him wear another jersey.

3. Simmonds - he is highly overrated. He can score but is an awful passer and often loses board battles despite his size. In my opinion, he is a third line player - definitely not top 6. If we can get an excellent prospect back it is worth considering.

4. Meszaros- whatever we get back is a plus. Injuries ruined his development and possibly his career.

5. Grossman - he is a decent defenseman who is highly overrated because our defense is so pathetic. He is not a good passer and has no offensive ability. We do not need 6 stay at home defenseman. Schenn is a much better defenseman who plays a similar game.

6. Talbot - another fan favorite who should go depending on the return. If we can get a second for him or a good prospect he should be traded. He is only signed for 2 more years and if the return is good he should be traded.

Players who should not be traded.

1. Couturier - he is 20 years old. Everybody needs to chill out and be patient with him.

2. Voracek - he is a special player who is having a horrible season.

3. Giroux - see above.

4. Lecavalier - he is a great player on a bad team. Hopefully we can turn it around next season.

5. Mason - he has played very well despite the team in front of him.

6. B. Schenn - he is still young and getting better. We need to be patient.

7. L. Schenn - he is very physical, can pass and has some offensive acumen. Not a great player but very solid.

8. Read - he is a hardworker who made the NHL by sheer will. He can shoot, pass the puck, play a 2 way game etc.. He should be kept.
Where's Hartnell got to go

mailman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
1. we are not trading Timonen who has to have some sort of no trade cause…if anything he retires, he isn't going to accept a trade anywhere.

2. Coburn is underrated and to me has shown great growth this season on and off the ice, he seems like he is doing everything right but shooting.

3.Simmonds is underrated, and the quick turn of opinion after a few down games this season has been funny to watch, he just started putting it all together the third period and i thought along with Raffl…who i've been critical of, they looked great.

4. nothing

5. Grossman is getting better, his shot blocking and hitting is really important to this team.

6. Your not getting that kind of return for Talbot…honestly, with what is available out there on waivers i'd be shocked if he got picked up on a waiver.
I'm not going to say I have watched every game this season but this game Coburn was easily the worse defender on the ice. I saw the exact same thing out of him that I saw out of Mez who has gotten benched. He is getting beat 1 on 1s and causing penalties when that happens. He is also consistently losing his man. He honestly looks like he has regressed over the past year. It's a shame since I never was a big hater of his. Honestly his poor play is on par with Mezs. I don't think they will bench him though with Timonen hurt and no one else able to play.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
flyersfan28

trade alot of player for #1 d-man

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
1. we are not trading Timonen who has to have some sort of no trade cause…if anything he retires, he isn't going to accept a trade anywhere.

2. Coburn is underrated and to me has shown great growth this season on and off the ice, he seems like he is doing everything right but shooting.

3.Simmonds is underrated, and the quick turn of opinion after a few down games this season has been funny to watch, he just started putting it all together the third period and i thought along with Raffl…who i've been critical of, they looked great.

4. nothing

5. Grossman is getting better, his shot blocking and hitting is really important to this team.

6. Your not getting that kind of return for Talbot…honestly, with what is available out there on waivers i'd be shocked if he got picked up on a waiver.
1. I wouldn't say that for certain, if you have an out on a horrible team in which looks like your last season you may be inclined to take it.

2. I would trade Coburn while he still has value, the guy needs a change of scenery.

3. I'm not giving up on Simmonds, he had two good previous seasons, I would call that more of a reactionary & what have you done for me lately type of statement.

5. I don't care either way about Grossmann, the defense needs to be rebuilt, Hextall will have his work cut out for him this offseason, hopefully one of the young guys can take a big leap this year.

6. Same as 5, I wouldn't care either way.

This is all assuming this team is playing the same by the deadline as they are now.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 10-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:47 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes fan in peace. Would there be interest in Schlemko for Talbot?

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan in peace. Would there be interest in Schlemko for Talbot?
Not really... Rundblad could maybe swing it though.

I really like how your team is put together, a lot of very underrated player in guys such as Klinkhammer, Moss, Korpikoski and Vermette, who bring a lot for the money they are on. Like a hockey moneyball team in many ways, as a stats fan I like that.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Not really... Rundblad could maybe swing it though.
Yeah, um, easy pass. ;-) Thanks for the compliment about the Yotes though! Maloney and Tippett have been miracle workers.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Couturier and Laughton are a bit redundant, no? I don't have a problem moving one of them for the right return. Couts has shown me absolutely nothing that hints at him becoming more than a #3 C. He's slow, uncreative, and can't complete passes. Tuesday he blew a 3 on 2 by backhanding a pass to the left wing 5 feet too far in front, and today he tried to backhand a puck to the point on the PP that was nowhere near anyone. This team needs to get faster, and Laughton (who's a much better skater) can move into the 3C role next year.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yeah, um, easy pass. ;-) Thanks for the compliment about the Yotes though! Maloney and Tippett have been miracle workers.
i'm wondering about Voracek for Yandle would Yotes do it?

p.s: Don't kill me guys i'm just trying to know

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yes, his skating still isn't very good & he's slow as hell. His shot is about the only good offensive tool he has & he barely shoots the puck.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
He made an outstanding cross ice pass in the preseason to set up a PP goal against Washington so he can pass the puck as well. He has made some poor plays recently buy so has every forward.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post

Yandle for Voracek would be pretty fair for both teams, and should be well received by almost all Yotes HFers. Lord knows we need a consistent legit goal scoring threat to pair with Ribeiro.

Still, even if it's fair, I don't know if I'd still pull the trigger. Yandle's having one of his patented slow starts to the season, but when he starts producing, he produces in consistent bunches. Ultimately he proves to be just as indispensable as OEL on our blueline.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:08 PM
RoDu

I'd wait till near trade deadline, make teams bid against each other, Timonen, Hartnell, Lecavalier, Talbot, Mez, Grossmann, Emery, Coburn are available, those with NTC's won't be asked to waive, but informed the team is rebuilding( I would go that way) and informed if they want out this is their chance

I'm hanging on to the youngsters unless someone overpays, even players like Simmonds who have been Leighton, because we've seen what he can do when he's good

Last edited by RoDu: 10-17-2013 at 10:15 PM.
RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Garbage Goal

I disagree with the notion that Briere rocks.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
the ONLY player that should be rock solid safe is Mason..

every other player is up for auction..

NOT kidding.
You may not be kidding but you're also obviously not right.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:

4. nothing

Timonen might waive if we try to trade him at the trade deadline to a playoff team, he probably wants one last chance at a cup before he retires so we could probably get something out of him.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:33 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

So people want Holmgren to continue to make personnel decisions? Good one...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Giroux and Mason should be kept. Every other player should be expendable in the right deal. A select group of players should be shopped heavily.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Flyerss

Oilers fans are willing to do Coburn+Simmonds+pick for Yakupov+Dman we should take this deal run

Old
10-17-2013, 10:50 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Hmm..that sounds to me like your GM may not have made the right personnel decisions? The same comment was made by the GM after the season that Carter and Richards were traded..Holmgren said that "they" had "overrated" their team.

Ok so then you overrated Bryz...then you overextended Lavi ..yet people still defend the people at the top..BRILLIANT!

Quote:
What's your biggest challenge, Mr. Snider, with this team with 79 games to go?

Well, our biggest challenge is to turn around a horrible start and to change the fact that we didn't make the playoffs last year and find out if we're overrating our players.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...oaching-change

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post

this team needs forwards.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Timonen might waive if we try to trade him at the trade deadline to a playoff team, he probably wants one last chance at a cup before he retires so we could probably get something out of him.
Let's do it now.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Flyerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
this team needs forwards.
getting someone like Yandle is only going to make this team better + it's Homer when we need Defense he goes after Offense and when we need Offense he goes after Defense.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:16 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Going in a different non-Yandle direction, my attempt at a quantity for quality trade. Would there be even remote interest in...

To PHX: Either Couturier or Simmonds
To PHI: Lessio (speedy power forward prospect with top 6 upside), Moss (solid bottom 6 winger with size and grit), Schlemko (decent bottom 4 two-way PMD), 2014 2nd.

Last edited by IPreferPi: 10-17-2013 at 11:24 PM.