HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
According to TSN.ca, EDM and BUF were working on a trade that would send Miller or Vanek to EDM for Yakupov +.

Edmonton fans seem to want to get BOTH players for that package.
I think it's some guy out of Buffalo speculating about the Yakupov/Miller/Vanek stuff. All McKenzie said on TSN was that the Oilers inquired about Miller.

Even if the Oilers were getting both of them for Yakupov, I still wouldn't do it. Too much risk since they'll both be UFAs in July.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:47 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

That would awesome for buffalo, add yak, tank hard this year and they've got a great head start on restocking their top end talent to go with all of complimentary young talent they already have.

Old
10-17-2013, 04:42 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Dunno about you guys but I don't want Mitchell anywhere near MacKinnon. Mitchell creates some offense on his own because he's a decent stickhandler and has a nice shot, but he's pretty much a black hole otherwise as far as creating and being involved in plays. McLeod would be a crash-the-net style winger for MacKinnon, and he really is not as bad with the puck as some of you guys make him out to be. I would be fine with McLeod on the 3rd line. He's good on the boards which is a positive

Old
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Dunno about you guys but I don't want Mitchell anywhere near MacKinnon. Mitchell creates some offense on his own because he's a decent stickhandler and has a nice shot, but he's pretty much a black hole otherwise as far as creating and being involved in plays. McLeod would be a crash-the-net style winger for MacKinnon, and he really is not as bad with the puck as some of you guys make him out to be. I would be fine with McLeod on the 3rd line. He's good on the boards which is a positive
Mitchell is possibly the biggest puck hog I've ever seen. I swear, he plays like he'd break out in hives if he ever passed it. I don't want him anywhere but the 4th line or Lake Erie.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:56 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
Mitchell is possibly the biggest puck hog I've ever seen. I swear, he plays like he'd break out in hives if he ever passed it. I don't want him anywhere but the 4th line or Lake Erie.
Mitchell just really sucks as a passer, when he filled in for Landy he even tried passing to tangs and staz, but he just sucks at it. If injuries happened I'd put Mitchell on that line again, because Tanguay and Staz can set him up so he doesn't need to do much passing and he's been playing great defensively and so would fill the role roy has that line playing most. Then juggle the lines accordingly.

ROR - Duchene - Landy
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - PAP

Landy - Dutchy - Downie
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - PAP

ROR -Dutchy - Downie
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
Landy - MacK - PAP

ROR - Dutchy - Downie
Landy - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - Tanguay

And if it's one of the centers just move ROR into Staz's spot and Staz into that other center's spot, or maybe ROR into Dutchy/Mack's spot.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:55 PM
mpp9

Any chance McGinn would be available for a D-man? Pens will need to move one in the very near future. Despres and Dumoulin are NHL ready. Maatta is as well. Niskanen has looked great as our #4 next to Scuds. And Orpik is likely not going to be re-signed. Take your pick.

Old
10-17-2013, 11:56 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I would love to return from Buffalo with an Ehrhoff on our blueline...

Old
10-17-2013, 11:58 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Any chance McGinn would be available for a D-man? Pens will need to move one in the very near future. Despres and Dumoulin are NHL ready. Maatta is as well. Niskanen has looked great as our #4 next to Scuds. And Orpik is likely not going to be re-signed. Take your pick.
Highly doubt it. He and MacKinnon have hit it off.
You would have to really overpay I guess.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I would love to return from Buffalo with an Ehrhoff on our blueline...
Honestly, he's exactly what we need.

I also feel MacKinnon needs a strong defensive 3rd line winger next to him. He works well with McGinn, but I'd prefer Parenteau to be back on the top line with Duchene.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:14 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
I pick Martin

10-18-2013, 12:19 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
McGinn for Harrington?!

Old
10-18-2013, 12:21 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

McGinn is on a very cheap contract, 1.75M. I highly doubt he's getting moved plus the Avs do not have a surplus of wingers.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:28 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
McGinn for Harrington?!
I wouldn't trade McGinn for a prospect. That doesn't help the team now at all.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:53 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Honestly, he's exactly what we need.

I also feel MacKinnon needs a strong defensive 3rd line winger next to him. He works well with McGinn, but I'd prefer Parenteau to be back on the top line with Duchene.
i think a line of McGinn/Mackinnon/Landeskog would have a little bit more defence, would allow parantau back with dutchy and leave us a line of tangs/staz/downie which i like a lot too

Old
10-18-2013, 12:59 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I wouldn't trade McGinn for a prospect. That doesn't help the team now at all.
I wouldn't trade McGinn for anyone except overpayment, i posted that wondering more in terms of value than actuality.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Boulder Avalanche
Pull the Goalie

If we trade Stastny, McGinn might go also. If he continues playing the way he has, he could net the Avs a good return.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that whatever the Oilers do with Yakupov, they will eff it up.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:59 AM
kento
Tulonto Blue Jays

I may be the only person wanting this, but why not try Mackinnon on the wing for half the season to allow him to be less responsible defensively.

I'd like to see this.

Tanguay Duchene Mackinnon
Mcginn Stastny Parenteau
Landeskog O'Reilly Downie

Use O'Reilly's line as a shut down. We all remember how much trouble these guys cause on the forecheck.

It's only one loss, I wouldn't make this change yet but if we start going the other way these are the lines i'd like to see.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
I may be the only person wanting this, but why not try Mackinnon on the wing for half the season to allow him to be less responsible defensively.

I'd like to see this.

Tanguay Duchene Mackinnon
Mcginn Stastny Parenteau
Landeskog O'Reilly Downie

Use O'Reilly's line as a shut down. We all remember how much trouble these guys cause on the forecheck.

It's only one loss, I wouldn't make this change yet but if we start going the other way these are the lines i'd like to see.
Because we are not competing this year anyways, so why move our longtern #1 C / #2 C to wing and have him stop working on his two way game at center?

There is only one highly unlikely scenario under which I ever want to see Mac on the wing (aside from at the PP) and it involves the Avs somehow getting the #1 pick in 2015....

Old
10-18-2013, 07:38 AM
kento
Tulonto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Because we are not competing this year anyways, so why move our longtern #1 C / #2 C to wing and have him stop working on his two way game at center?

There is only one highly unlikely scenario under which I ever want to see Mac on the wing (aside from at the PP) and it involves the Avs somehow getting the #1 pick in 2015....
It would allow him to work on an easier two way game first. Being thrown into a huge role is a good way to screw a player up early in his career. By having him learn the light defensive roles for half a season at 18, and then switch him back to centre in January wouldn't stop him from working on his two way game. It would allow him to adapt easier and learn it right. He isn't very good defensively right now. A lot of people here are saying he is but they're wrong. He's fast and gets back into the zone and stays low. That doesn't make him good defensively. It shows he has some of the main tools to be great in the future, but he doesn't have it yet.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:02 AM
zxcvnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
It would allow him to work on an easier two way game first. Being thrown into a huge role is a good way to screw a player up early in his career. By having him learn the light defensive roles for half a season at 18, and then switch him back to centre in January wouldn't stop him from working on his two way game. It would allow him to adapt easier and learn it right. He isn't very good defensively right now. A lot of people here are saying he is but they're wrong. He's fast and gets back into the zone and stays low. That doesn't make him good defensively. It shows he has some of the main tools to be great in the future, but he doesn't have it yet.
There's a reason Roy is sheltering him. Nevertheless, some games will be tougher than others. At this point, switching him will do more to destroy his confidence than develop his game.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:57 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

I think McG and pap are excellent partners for MacK for now, when we're ready to stop sheltering him as much I'd swap PAP and Tanguay since Tangs is better defensively, then we can put pap back on the first line and put Downie and the Staz/Landy line.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

I would only switch around the RW, everything else has to stay the way it is. O'Reilly's future on this team is at LW, not center. Obviously he can play center very well but he is not going back to 3C and get the kind of deal everyone knows and expects he is going to get. Of course injuries or game situation may change that on occasion but he's the starting LW now and in the future. If PAP moves he should go back to Duchene, they have crazy chemistry. And I wouldn't mind Tanguay with MacKinnon but is Downie good enough defensively to continue to make the Landy-Staz line the shutdown line?

Old
10-18-2013, 11:15 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

If the Flyers continue to suck, they may be unloading guys on that overpaid d-men core. They have so much money tied up to just d-men. Coburn, Meszaros and even Streit/Timonen would be awesome pickups at the right price.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
How attached are you guys with Matta?

Closed Thread