HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

Old
10-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
One player I have no interest in moving is Simmonds. Man the guy has a bad 7 games and everyone wants to move him. Thankfully none of us run this team!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
One player I have no interest in moving is Simmonds. Man the guy has a bad 7 games and everyone wants to move him. Thankfully none of us run this team!
I agree, the bold could be said about lots of the guys people are talking about moving though. Last year it was Voracek at the beginning of the year. The year before it was Hartnell. This is what happens when the team or individuals get off to slow starts.

Hartnell is at least older and Coburn's problems extend beyond this year so them two and pending UFA's like Kimmo I understand but not much else.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:32 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think everyone is fair game except Giroux. Now I'm not advocating a fire sale or anything like that, but if someone inquires about anyone on the roster I would listen to the deals and make potential counter offers.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:32 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Coburn should be at the top of the list

I have a hard timing cheering for this team simply because of him

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:36 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think everyone is fair game except Giroux. Now I'm not advocating a fire sale or anything like that, but if someone inquires about anyone on the roster I would listen to the deals and make potential counter offers.
You listen to offers for everyone including Giroux. I think this whole who should stay and who should go comes down to who do we think is better off staying because of what they provide the team and wouldn't bring enough in a trade (in our opinions) to offset what they bring to the team. When I look at it that way the list of "who should stay" is longer then just Giroux.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
You listen to offers for everyone including Giroux. I think this whole who should stay and who should go comes down to who do we think is better off staying because of what they provide the team and wouldn't bring enough in a trade (in our opinions) to offset what they bring to the team. When I look at it that way the list of "who should stay" is longer then just Giroux.
I think a lot of the players should stay, I'm just saying Giroux is the only one I wouldn't entertain offers for. I want the Schenns, Couturier, Voracek, Read, and Simmonds to stay as well, but if someone makes an offer for one of them, I might accept it or counter it.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:58 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Everyone complains when the Flyers make panic moves and trade players. The Flyers have a terrible start to the season and everyone wants to panic and trade players? My god, you're all Homer clones. The minute the Flyers trade one of these guys and they go on to shine on another team you'll blame homer and act like you never wanted the player gone.

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:04 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
People are discussing moving him cause he has the most value and would net the biggest return of the Fwds we are willing to trade. He , or he packaged has the value to return a player that will help now and in the future.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

The amount of impatience on these boards. Yeesh.

That being said-- there are a few guys that seem redundant and overpaid on the roster that might be sacrificed as a catalyst to spark the team.

Flyotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:27 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Everyone complains when the Flyers make panic moves and trade players. The Flyers have a terrible start to the season and everyone wants to panic and trade players? My god, you're all Homer clones. The minute the Flyers trade one of these guys and they go on to shine on another team you'll blame homer and act like you never wanted the player gone.
I'm not advocating trading everyone but Im not one to believe that if something doesn't work, you don't keep doing the same damn thing. Now if they do want to make playoffs, I do think a move or two is necessary. Now if one is ok with being a bottom feeder for 74 more games then you make 0 changes and keep doing what we are doing.

Snider and Homer will not allow for that so if it continues to happen some type of change will occur.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:38 AM
flyershockey

I just hope Homer doesn't do anything stupid while they sit around for a week until the next game. I could see a panic move for Vanek happening. The only players they should dangle out there are Coburn and Talbot. The rest just need to play together and work through the adversity.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:52 AM
El Emperor

If I had to pick a player on offense that needed to go, it would be Simmonds. I get that he's a hard worker, but it's painfully obvious that Lavy's system is what benefited his success in 11-12 season. Until he scored that goal last night, he was having an awful game. The guy just cannot win a board battle or hold onto the puck, let alone make a decent pass.

Almost 4 mil cap hit seals the deal. For someone that should be a 3rd line guy, that's way to much for way too long.

EDIT: Just wanted to drive home that this is a decision based on value. The Flyers use him like a 1st line forward.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Going in a different non-Yandle direction, my attempt at a quantity for quality trade. Would there be even remote interest in...

To PHX: Either Couturier or Simmonds
To PHI: Lessio (speedy power forward prospect with top 6 upside), Moss (solid bottom 6 winger with size and grit), Schlemko (decent bottom 4 two-way PMD), 2014 2nd.
This was awful when you posted it on the trade boards, and it still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I just hope Homer doesn't do anything stupid while they sit around for a week until the next game. I could see a panic move for Vanek happening. The only players they should dangle out there are Coburn and Talbot. The rest just need to play together and work through the adversity.
Talbot is a deadline move at best, and unlikely to bring much of a return. Moving him now for a pick doesn't really help (it might not hurt, but its not going to fix anything).

I could see Coburn getting moved, and depending on the return, I wouldn't be opposed.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Jack de la Hoya

double-post. Delete.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:02 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

Talbot is a deadline move at best, and unlikely to bring much of a return. Moving him now for a pick doesn't really help (it might not hurt, but its not going to fix anything).

I could see Coburn getting moved, and depending on the return, I wouldn't be opposed.
I kind of just want Talbot moved so he's no longer a top nine player in the lineup. I wouldn't mind them keeping him, but it would have to be strictly in a fourth line role. He just can't keep up with better offensive players anymore.

I would love to see Coburn moved and his spot given to Schenn. I've defened the guy to death around here for a couple of seasons now, but I've had it with the dude and his complete lack of hockey sense. Bad turnovers, bad positioning, misread assignments, the guy just flat out sucks. Let some other team fall in love with his skill set like the Flyers did 5 years ago. It's become pretty clear that he's never going to be anything more than a number four stay at home guy.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Curufinwe

When Lecavalier is fit, Talbot should be on the 4th line. When Hartnell is fit he should definitely be on the 4th line. Raffl needs a spot somwhere in here, too.

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:13 AM
JayB

Trade:

Coburn
Meszaros
Couturier
Talbot

Need of two speedy shootfirst grinders, allround and mobility on defence.

At the deadline if we are not going to playoffs trade:

Streit
Timonen

Keep always:
G
Simmonds
Hartnell
Schenn
Grossman
Laughton

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
When Lecavalier is fit, Talbot should be on the 4th line. When Hartnell is fit he should definitely be on the 4th line. Raffl needs a spot somwhere in here, too.

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo
Raffl really deserves to stay up. He looks like he's always belonged in the NHL.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Your pipeline is pretty much empty except Toffoli.
So no, there probably isn't a trade between the Flyers and the Kings.
For a team that won a cup in 2012 we are still fairly loaded with solid, but unspectacular prospects that have been developed the "right way" in our system. None of the kids have been rushed and we have some good ones that are on the verge of breaking through like Toffoli, Vey, Andreoff, Shore, Pearson, etc.

Those names wouldn't make a big splash in a trade, but some of those kids may help your cause down the line if you took one or more in trade.

Obviously Dean Lombardi has a good working relationship with Homer and Ron Hextall, so it wouldn't surprise me if something happened in a trade between the two teams. Hextall was GM of the Kings' AHL team in Manchester so he knows our prospects very well.

You guys seem to be looking for a quick fix. There may not be one.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:24 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Trade:

Coburn
Meszaros
Couturier
Talbot

Need of two speedy shootfirst grinders, allround and mobility on defence.

At the deadline if we are not going to playoffs trade:

Streit
Timonen

Keep always:
G
Simmonds
Hartnell
Schenn
Grossman
Laughton
They're not going to trade a guy they just signed to a big contract this summer.

We're stuck with Streit & his terrible contract for a few years.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Trade one of Simmonds/Hartnell because they're the same player. Find a way to get speed and scoring ability on the wings. That's all I got besides Coburn but his trade value is terrible at the moment.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Codith

Keep this core

Giroux
Jake
Couts
Schenn
Laughton
Morin
Hagg
Ghost
Mason
Stolarz
Gus
Mcginn
Raffl
Cousins

Everything else, if it can net a return, do it.

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:33 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Keep this core

Giroux
Jake
Couts
Schenn
Laughton
Morin
Hagg
Ghost
Mason
Stolarz
Gus
Mcginn
Raffl
Cousins

If they still suck that bad after 25 games played, I agree.
Right now it's still a bit early for such fire sale.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:02 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Keep this core

Giroux
Jake
Couts
Schenn
Laughton
Morin
Hagg
Ghost
Mason
Stolarz
Gus
Mcginn
Raffl
Cousins

Really, that's your plan? Keep the best players and trade the garbage. Brilliant! I can't believe no one else thought of this!

Old
10-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Curufinwe

Couturier is a better player than at least half of that list.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote