HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Oct. 17, 2013|Penguins 4 at Flyers 1

Old
10-18-2013, 08:15 AM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Coburn has a NTC. He won't waive for Winnipeg.
The simple fact that a player like Coburn has a NTC is evidence enough that the guy running the front office needs to go.

Is this a limited NTC at least?

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Hiesenberg

Its modified, I don't know what that means

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:21 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Awesome.

I personally don't get the Coburn hate.
All those mistakes he makes, I actually don't see them.

And at that guy wondering about Laughton.
I'm pretty sure having Laughton up here wouldn't change a damn thing.
Burke kept Perry and Getzlaf away from the Ducks one year because he knew they'd have a losing season and he didn't want to have them around a losing enviromnent. From that standpoint, I'm ok Laughton isn't here.
Obviously depends on who is watching but I personally can tell the difference. Right now he is getting beat regularly on the outside. This is the cause of most of the penalties he takes. For such a good skater these other players are squeezing by him and to make sure they don't get by him he either trips him or holds them. He might be hurt honestly. Haven't seen him play this bad in a long time.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I can see that. I think most if not all the players really loved Lavy. They had a close personal relationship with him and they loved playing his style of hockey. I think what we are seeing is a bit of a rude awakening for these players.
They didn't seem to be loving it during the preseason and the first three games of the regular season.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
The simple fact that a player like Coburn has a NTC is evidence enough that the guy running the front office needs to go.

On my phone but fairly sure it's modified. So we can still trade him I believe.

Coburn to a team like Edmonton would be very valuable. They need minute eaters up there who can pk and actually play some kind of defense. If homer or hextall are looking to move him, I look right up there to Edmonton first. Then see what other teams have to offer.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
On my phone but fairly sure it's modified. So we can still trade him I believe.

Coburn to a team like Edmonton would be very valuable. They need minute eaters up there who can pk and actually play some kind of defense. If homer or hextall are looking to move him, I look right up there to Edmonton first. Then see what other teams have to offer.
Wasn't this rumored to be tried during the draft and Edmonton didn't bite?

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

NTCs are common and they are not an absolute bar to trading a player. Every year you hear the horror stories of players not waiving their NTCs...until they do. Then everyone complains that the next guy won't waive his...then he does. These are not as big a deal as people think.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:35 AM
bennysflyers16

Has Holmer stepped down yet ? That has to happen before he trades Couts, Schenn and a 1st for vanek and Miller !

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Wasn't this rumored to be tried during the draft and Edmonton didn't bite?
I think they offered us(according to reports) thier two second rounders and paajarvi in exchange for Coburn. I believe it was the right move to decline. If, at the deadline we are still dreadful, no matter what people on here say Coburn can get you a nice return. He is a top 4 who is signed with term left. He would at least get you a first rounder. He is exactly what a contender is looking for at the deadline, and would probably pay the premium for him

Old
10-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Hiesenberg

Coburn is pure garbage, nobody wants him

Old
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Coburn is pure garbage, nobody wants him
Yep, even after the down year last, Edmonton was still not and heavy for him. You're right though, he's untradable

Old
10-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Hiesenberg

Trade him ASAP, he can make stupid ass plays on another team. And anybody with a NTC should waive it quickly to get off this crap team.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:03 AM
BernieParent

I'd be more worried about the 29 other teams having a No Coburn Claus right now.

What little I saw of the game made me surprised as the multiple platinum chances the Flyers muffed up in the highlights. The parts I watched were a steady stream of 1-on-3 entries into the Penguins' zone, flubbed passes, and weak dump-ins without vigorous pursuit.

It's going to be a long winter.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'd be more worried about the 29 other teams having a No Coburn Claus right now.

What little I saw of the game made me surprised as the multiple platinum chances the Flyers muffed up in the highlights. The parts I watched were a steady stream of 1-on-3 entries into the Penguins' zone, flubbed passes, and weak dump-ins without vigorous pursuit.

It's going to be a long winter.
I didn't know he was Santa .

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:09 AM
mantis toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I think they offered us(according to reports) thier two second rounders and paajarvi in exchange for Coburn. I believe it was the right move to decline. If, at the deadline we are still dreadful, no matter what people on here say Coburn can get you a nice return. He is a top 4 who is signed with term left. He would at least get you a first rounder. He is exactly what a contender is looking for at the deadline, and would probably pay the premium for him
I think we should try to pry eberle out of edm. He might be exactly what this team needs. Maybe something around coburn + simmonds + laughton for eberle + 2nd. That might be an overpayment on our part( in not really sure tbh haha) but that's probably what it would take to get him. As much as I like wayne, having him and hartnell is redundant because they are essentially the same player. Coburn has been pretty bad this year and his time in Philly is all but done. Laughton is going to be a great player, but with our logjam at center he is expendable. Edmonton on the other has plenty of skill in their line up and needs some grit. Simmonds provides a net front presence that I think they are lacking. Coburn is a minute eating defenseman that can play pk, which they also seem to be lacking. And laughton can be a gritty 3rd line center for them. Eberle provides what the flyers need, someone who can put the puck in the damn net! Imagine a line of Jake - giroux - eberle. That is fantastic line imo. This will probably never happen, but a guy can dream right?!

mantis toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Curufinwe

Simmonds + Grossmann should be the offer for Eberle. If they want Coburn instead of Grossmann they would need to add something. Edmonton aren't in a position to ask for four pieces just for Eberle.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:11 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post

Edit: Also, it seems to be overlooked that the Flyers are missing two top 6 players in Lecavalier and Hartnell.
It's not that it's necessarily overlooked, it's just not like they were winning when those guys were in.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:17 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It's not that it's necessarily overlooked, it's just not like they were winning when those guys were in.
Exactly....Lecavalier has looked good so far but when they signed him nagging injuries were always a concern...so far it looks like it will continue

Hartnell despite losing weight can't lose the fat in his head like I noted before....

The problem with losing is that you play hesitant and are reactive and that is when injuries start occurring. It's like when you are a hesitant driver....

I like Meltzer's brutal assessment of last night's game in today's post...they played like an ECHL team

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Exactly....Lecavalier has looked good so far but when they signed him nagging injuries were always a concern...so far it looks like it will continue

Hartnell despite losing weight can't lose the fat in his head like I noted before....
But both players haven't had the chance to play much under Berube and the new system. This team has looked better since Berube took over and getting Lecavalier and Hartnell back should help. Hopefully, anyway.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:26 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
But both players haven't had the chance to play much under Berube and the new system. This team has looked better since Berube took over and getting Lecavalier and Hartnell back should help. Hopefully, anyway.
How though? I know it's still early but last night they really took a step backwards..they looked like crap particularly in the 2nd period. They are still inconsistent. All they have done is tighten up the D and "Hoped" that offense would be created out of it. All they have shown is that they can "compete" a little harder and hold on but still lack the skill, talent and of course confidence to overcome their losing ways. At most I think Berube will try to get .500 hockey out of them and that would suggest they are still a mediocre team that definitely won't be enough to get them in the playoffs.

Willing to give it 25 games or so and then Holmgren has to step down or be canned and Hextall needs to implement whatever "Fresh Perspective" he has or is allowed to implement b/c of Mr Snider...

Old
10-18-2013, 11:33 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
How though? I know it's still early but last night they really took a step backwards..they looked like crap particularly in the 2nd period. They are still inconsistent. All they have done is tighten up the D and "Hoped" that offense would be created out of it. All they have shown is that they can "compete" a little harder and hold on but still lack the skill, talent and of course confidence to overcome their losing ways. At most I think Berube will try to get .500 hockey out of them and that would suggest they are still a mediocre team that definitely won't be enough to get them in the playoffs.

Willing to give it 25 games or so and then Holmgren has to step down or be canned and Hextall needs to implement whatever "Fresh Perspective" he has or is allowed to implement b/c of Mr Snider...
I don't know. I'm just trying to still be optimistic.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:34 AM
SolidSnakeUS

The only way Berube has made the team look a bit better is that it seems they have a bit energy. Not much more than that for now.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:39 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I don't know. I'm just trying to still be optimistic.
God Bless You!

Tough times in Flyer land...

Old
10-18-2013, 11:41 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The only way Berube has made the team look a bit better is that it seems they have a bit energy. Not much more than that for now.
Yeah...I really hope he is as smart as proclaimed b/c if he is another Bill Barber where he just demands things with no real X and O's strategy beyond what we've seen so far then it's going to be a painful season of more drama.

Why can't we get what Colorado is experiencing with Roy.....so frustrating

Old
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
AaronTrieu

Here are a few of my points.

The team psyche is so bad right now. They need to go into this "break" with a mindset that their record is 0-0 with in a 74 game season and hope to go 15 wins in there next 20.

No one is playing confidently and no leader on the team is producing enough for the other role players to feed off of.

For those that see the game in person, the ice crew is cleaning the ice longways. I think is is bad feng shui. I have my superstitions and I don't like 30 people constantly crossing the lines. The crew on the bench side is constantly running into players. Whats up with this?

So here are a few questions I have:

Why so much adam hall? I feel like hes out there a lot more than he needs to.

I think craig berbube is outsmarting himself. Hes constantly trying to get matchups to the point where its hurting the flow of the game. I swear the flyers are only playing with 4 players out there. The play will be on the far side of the ice and he'll have players jump on and off, and the play with come back to the other side and no player is in position. It seems like the lines are constantly juggled cause he wants player x playing against player y. I get what he wants to do, but it feels like they are constantly poorly timed.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote