HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Talbot assigned to Wolf Pack, Missianen recalled to Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
  #1
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Talbot assigned to Wolf Pack, Missianen recalled to Rangers

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/40...s#.UmBZuSRdXx4

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  #2
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Just for a start then back up im sure

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
  #3
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just for a start then back up im sure
You got it. They are going to set up where Talbot can continue to develop whilst playing backup.

That said, Henrik probably will have a heavier workload this season, and will be less likely to be pulled when the backup is Missiaen.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
  #4
thk25
Registered User
 
thk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Powe has also been recalled apparently: http://www.digtriad.com/sports/pro_h...h-broken-thumb

thk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:26 PM
  #5
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 20,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I think its silly to try and plan for giving Hank time off.

If we need every point come the last 20 games of the year, hes probably gunna play all of them..

I'm sure the plan was to get Biron more than 5 starts last season.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
  #6
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
It's gonna be interesting watch Henke play back to back games after coming home from the Olympics.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
  #7
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thk25 View Post
Powe has also been recalled apparently: http://www.digtriad.com/sports/pro_h...h-broken-thumb
I really don't know why he was sent down in favor of Asham.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:29 AM
  #8
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I think its silly to try and plan for giving Hank time off.

If we need every point come the last 20 games of the year, hes probably gunna play all of them..

I'm sure the plan was to get Biron more than 5 starts last season.
Yeah planning for the future is just silly. Like who needs a goalie prospect in the organization. At least when Richter got hurt the organization had Blackburn to abuse. When Henke gets run into and banged up it'll be fun watching Talbot and Biron share crease duties. Those'll be some hi scoring games.

Then again I guess if it comes to that, we can always move a bunch of young assets for an aging or borderline starter, because, you know it's not like the Rangers had needed a PMD like Zidlicky for a decade. At least the headline of Miller for Miller will look cool.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:59 AM
  #9
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 20,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Yeah planning for the future is just silly. Like who needs a goalie prospect in the organization. At least when Richter got hurt the organization had Blackburn to abuse. When Henke gets run into and banged up it'll be fun watching Talbot and Biron share crease duties. Those'll be some hi scoring games.

Then again I guess if it comes to that, we can always move a bunch of young assets for an aging or borderline starter, because, you know it's not like the Rangers had needed a PMD like Zidlicky for a decade. At least the headline of Miller for Miller will look cool.
K

The point is you can plan it all you like, but if we're fighting for a playoff spot in March hes gunna get damn near every game.

If you wanna plan for the future, maybe the team can actually get some of these UFAs signed, (mainly Hank) instead of waiting until the last minute almost daring them to test the FA market.

Its really a joke, hes our franchise player and should have been signed before the season. I don't say this about ANYONE, but.. Give him his money.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  #10
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I really don't know why he was sent down in favor of Asham.
they both kinda stink...powe is a waste of space though..basically he doesnt do anything on his shifts...nothing really positive..nothing really negative...he's a filler player.

its good for a team battling with consistency issues...fwer mistakes with a guy like him, but fewer positives as well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.