HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-tor-edm

Old
10-18-2013, 10:39 AM
bucks_oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
Still isn't as bad as Couturier + both Schenns for Yakupov..
True, but in fairness the OP has admitted that TO was giving too little and Philly getting too little.

From the Edmonton perspective, Yakupov for 2Schenns & Reimer isn't terrible. We'd probably have to add, but not a lot.

The overall deal equation didn't balance more because Couturier is worth so much more than Reimer... thus Toronto sending more back to Philly would square things up.

Anyway... I don't know Philly's needs or Toronto's surplus enough to square it up.

I agree with others that a deal around 2xSchenns for Yakupov makes some sense... Philly fans don't want a "russian problem" and Oilers fans don't want to trade "immense potential" for solid but not spectacular players.... so I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Edmonton could then negotiate a separate trade with Toronto for Reimer... perhaps for picks/prospects or a depth dman?

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
What do Oilers fans think of something around Simmonds + Coburn + 2nd for Eberle + Klefbom? The Flyers would likely need to add a little more, but I think that could be the base of the trade. Oilers get grit in Simmonds and a top-4 minutes eating defenseman (who Oilers management apparently likes a lot) and a pick likely in the 31-45 range. Flyers get a skilled forward that can finish to play with Giroux and another solid defenseman to add to Hagg, Morin, Ghost, etc.
Oilers mgmt is INCREDIBLY high on Klefbom. They would not trade him 1v1 for Coburn, so it boils down to:

Coburn + 2nd for Klefbom... then
Eberle =/= Simmonds

The add would have to be pretty substantial... like a 1st.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
all i did was even phillys end of the deal out. toronto isnt giving up any less. and the center pieces are all there. easier to balance value out from here than the asinine op.
Disagree with that... Yak is the highest value single asset in the OP and Reimer was the lowest.

It was difficult, but not impossible to balance the OP by TOR adding to PHI, but yours isnt even a starting point from the EDM perspective.

But you know this... you were just trying to provoke.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
Hey folks. Edm fan here. Hopefully it won't be too obvious.

Anyway, some thoughts into this three way trade.

1. no interdivision trading
2. Meets each teams need
3. Pieces may need to be added, this is merely the center pieces.
4. I may have the lines and/or d pairings wrong on tor and phi. I tried though! HA!

To Edmonton:
Braydon Schenn (edm needs a third line C and someone to push gags on the second line)
Luke Schenn (Stay at home d to anchor our puck movers)
James Reimer (um... duh)

To Philidelphia:
Nail Yakapov (elite finisher in the making)

To Toronto:
Sean Couturier (second line center with potential top line)

Edm
Hall - RNH - Hemsky
Perron - Gagner - Eberle
Smyth - Schenn - Jonesu
etc

Smid Petry
Schenn Schultz
Belov Ferrence

Reimer
Dubnyk

Phi
Hartnell Giroux Voracek
Yakapov Lecal Simmonds
Read Talbot
etc

Coburn Steit
Grossmann Mez
Gust Timm

Toronto
JVR Kadri Kessel
Lupul Couturier Bodie
etc

Phaneuf Franson
Rielly Ranger
Fraser Gunnarsson
Right so Philly goes from being a garbage team, To being a bigger garbage team after these deals. Just saying.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
umm...no from Philly and Edm

Cut Toronto out of it all together.
Simmonds+Coburn+Talbot for Yak+Marincin+Jones
Really?! Looks pretty ugly to me. I'd think Yak is worth those three pieces (and I'd rather get two higher quality pieces for Yak) without throwing in Marincin.

Jones, meh... insignificant

Old
10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
add gardiner going to philly does that make it fair? (reimer and gards for couterier?)
I was thinkint the same thing but didn't want to suggest it... wasn't sure how highly Gardiner was regarded in Toronto these days.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Oilers mgmt is INCREDIBLY high on Klefbom. They would not trade him 1v1 for Coburn, so it boils down to:

Coburn + 2nd for Klefbom... then
Eberle =/= Simmonds

The add would have to be pretty substantial... like a 1st.
The difference between Eberle and Simmonds is not a 1st. And Coburn + 2nd is worth a bit more than Klefbom. If you can't agree then maybe something like..

Simmonds + Coburn for Eberle + Marincin/Musil

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 03:59 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Disagree with that... Yak is the highest value single asset in the OP and Reimer was the lowest.

It was difficult, but not impossible to balance the OP by TOR adding to PHI, but yours isnt even a starting point from the EDM perspective.

But you know this... you were just trying to provoke.
nikita filitov got a 3rd rd pick and jvr was traded for L. schenn just last year. thats the value that edmonton need to put into perspective.

provocative? drop toronto hall schultz yak for schenns and couturier. edm gets less hosed in that deal than philly does in the op

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 04:35 PM
CaptainLupul
#FireCarlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Terrible for Edmonton too. Not necessarily in terms of value, but in terms of need. If we get a new goalie, he needs to be better than Dubnyk. Reimer is better than slumping Dubnyk, but its a toss up as to who is better when Dubs comes out of his slump. We don't need the Schenn's either. Luke is more of what we already have, and Braydon would be playing 4th line, considering Gordon is playing amazing. As weird as it sounds, we don't need these particular players. If Yakupov is traded, we need a clear cut number one goalie, or a clear cut top pairing d-man, not a bunch of good pieces that are reflective of what we already have.

In what world is healthy Dubnyk even close to healthy Reimer?? I don't get why Oilers fans hate on Reimer so much? Reimer has game stealing ability, Dubnyk does not. I'm going to be loling hard when Reimer has another great season while Dubnyk continues to suck.

CaptainLupul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:35 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Leafs get Couturier for Reimer?

Flyers give up both Schenns and Couturier for Yakupov?

Leafs giving up way too little and Flyers giving up too much.
Now I've seen it all in this forum.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
Ok, fair enough. So if Philly doesn't get enough, and toronto isn't giving enough. What does Toronto need to add? A pick? A prospect?
How about Toronto add Kulemin? Useful in all special teams and handles def well when he is on the ice. So flyers will get both right and left winger.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote