HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread

View Poll Results: How much do you follow our minor league teams?
I regularly go to games and/or subscribe to AHL Live 12 9.16%
I go to a couple of games a year 9 6.87%
I follow the Wolf Pack by regularly reading about it 57 43.51%
I occasionally check stats, but don't follow Hartford regularly 46 35.11%
What's a Wolf Pack? Are they zoo animals? Why would I follow the minors? 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2013, 09:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Why "ostensibly"?
Ostensibly, as in apparently or seemingly. That's the presumption, which I think is reasonable.

It's just pain.
Old
10-17-2013, 10:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ostensibly, as in apparently or seemingly. That's the presumption, which I think is reasonable.
Not to get too far OT, but ostensibly implies doubt. As in "he was sent down - ostensibly the move was made to give him an extra start, but it was no coincidence that it was announced half an hour after he was lit up in practice."

Old
10-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Not to get too far OT, but ostensibly implies doubt. As in "he was sent down - ostensibly the move was made to give him an extra start, but it was no coincidence that it was announced half an hour after he was lit up in practice."
It does; the reason being I haven't the slightest idea what the intentions of management are with Talbot. The reason doubt is implied here is because we have been rumored with squiring a backup goaltender. While Sather suggested Bryzgalov was not on the radar, I would still not be surprised if management was looking for a full time replacement.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Osminator

So Marty gonna report or not? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make a decision man! Most people don't even get a choice.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If he hasn't soon the Rangers will have grounds to terminate his contract.

He is a family guy, so I feel location is probably bigger to him than cash. If he could sign with Rochester in the AHL it would be a good deal. They have had iffy goaltending so far.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Levitate

Dang give the guy a break. The decision to retire in this circumstance isn't one to be taken lightly.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Biron has TV jobs waiting for him. Steve Simmons tweeted that on Tuesday night. He will be very good on TV. His spots with Jim Cerny were really good. He can speak english and french. Goalies always make good broadcasters.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Biron has TV jobs waiting for him. Steve Simmons tweeted that on Tuesday night. He will be very good on TV. His spots with Jim Cerny were really good. He can speak english and french. Goalies always make good broadcasters.
Glen Healy....

No doubt that Biron would be great on TV. I don't know if he wants to move his family, though. Maybe he could get a gig in NY somewhere. Also, I'm sure the prospect of retiring isn't something he's just going to take lightly. He's been a great servant to this franchise for the past few years and deserves time to consider his options for what is a life changing decision.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

I wanted to gauge interest in a write up on some of our ECHL prospects. I'm going to the Greenville Road Warriors game tonight against the Gwinnett Gladiators (Coyotes Affiliate), and could try and focus in on a couple of our prospects, namely St. Croix, Noreau, Nicholls, and Dodero. They're the only ones on the roster I see even having a token chance of making the NHL down the road. I'm no scout, but I could try and give a blurb or two on each player if there's interest.

And FYI, Gwinnett is a suburb of Altanta. I moved down here for work a little less than a year ago, so that's why I'm attending. Greenville just so happens to be playing their opener against Gwinnet. Tickets are dirt cheap, so I'm going with a couple guys from my men's league team. Should be interesting as this will be the first pro game for St. Croix, Noreau, Nicholls, and Dodero.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesOfMcIlrath View Post
I wanted to gauge interest in a write up on some of our ECHL prospects. I'm going to the Greenville Road Warriors game tonight against the Gwinnett Gladiators (Coyotes Affiliate), and could try and focus in on a couple of our prospects, namely St. Croix, Noreau, Nicholls, and Dodero. They're the only ones on the roster I see even having a token chance of making the NHL down the road. I'm no scout, but I could try and give a blurb or two on each player if there's interest.

And FYI, Gwinnett is a suburb of Altanta. I moved down here for work a little less than a year ago, so that's why I'm attending. Greenville just so happens to be playing their opener against Gwinnet. Tickets are dirt cheap, so I'm going with a couple guys from my men's league team. Should be interesting as this will be the first pro game for St. Croix, Noreau, Nicholls, and Dodero.
Please that would be great! Always welcome any info anyone can give us!

Old
10-18-2013, 01:36 PM
colman

Quote:

Sounds good let me know about Marcou also who was signed by Hartford this summer Thanks

Old
10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
E-Train

Quote:

Yes. A write up would be great.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by colman View Post
Sounds good let me know about Marcou also who was signed by Hartford this summer Thanks
Marcou is 3-4 years older than the other guys I listed. Do you really think he has any upside at this point? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 42s
Vigneault says he hears Kreider is playing well, is going to Hartford's game tonight to watch the team himself

Wow

Old
10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Marcou is 3-4 years older than the other guys I listed. Do you really think he has any upside at this point? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested.
colman is related to or friends with Marcou. I forget what. He's a good source of info on him but a bit biased.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post

Wow
That's pretty cool.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's pretty cool.
When was the last time a Rangers coach went down to personally watch the Pack?

Old
10-18-2013, 02:19 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
When was the last time a Rangers coach went down to personally watch the Pack?
Torts last year during the lockout no?

Old
10-18-2013, 02:20 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I meant during the season

Old
10-18-2013, 02:23 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
didnt he leave none too impressed....didnt wanna have a skewed idea or something like that of what the kids look like

Old
10-18-2013, 02:29 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
I meant during the season
Well then...nothing to see here

Old
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Well then...nothing to see here

I should have specified, mah bad

Old
10-18-2013, 02:50 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:

I should have specified, mah bad

Saul good, I shouldn't be so presumptuous

Old
10-18-2013, 03:02 PM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:

Wow
That should boost Kreiders confidence up a lot. Knowing your coach came all the way out there to watch you. That's awesome.

Old
10-18-2013, 03:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
That should boost Kreiders confidence up a lot. Knowing your coach came all the way out there to watch you. That's awesome.
I think he is probably looking forward to seeing quite a few players down there.

Closed Thread