HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
@PetesOHLhockey: Petes signed goalie Scott Smith. @scottshockey will play in the @BurlingtonEagle system this season. http://t.co/63GuAIMhmK #GoPetesGo

Old
10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
In my opinion the Petes are one more top 6 forward away from being a very good hockey team this season.
And a another coach and GM. Get rid of the board and sell the team. This team is a complete mess. Ritchie will be next wanting to leave and the circus continues.

Old
10-05-2013, 12:24 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
And a another coach and GM. Get rid of the board and sell the team. This team is a complete mess. Ritchie will be next wanting to leave and the circus continues.
Were 3-3. lol. Team needs adjustments to the defensive system, the goalies need to be able to stop a beach ball and we need to bring in another forward. That's it. Not too many needs right? Lol

Old
10-05-2013, 12:40 PM
jolly roger

You'd need a BIG beachball. The tending is UGLY BAD.

Old
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
You'd need a BIG beachball. The tending is UGLY BAD.
Agreed.

Old
10-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Stormbringer

Quote:
Were 3-3. lol. Team needs adjustments to the defensive system, the goalies need to be able to stop a beach ball and we need to bring in another forward. That's it. Not too many needs right? Lol
What defensive system???? Six goals against average per game. Not all on the goalies. In fact, I watched the Kitchener game in person and D'Agostini was excellent (faced 58 shots I believe). Not all on the defence. The forwards for the Petes DO NOT backcheck. Does not seem like they have any accountability on their team. Based on these facts, it will be difficult to make a deep run in the playoffs which is one of the Petes goals this year with a veteran team.

Old
10-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Crottenham

Petes prospect Matt Alvaro commits to D1 Providence College Friars....

https://twitter.com/mattalvaro91

Last edited by Crottenham: 10-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old
10-07-2013, 08:47 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Petes prospect Matt Alvaro comments to D1 Providence College Friars....

https://twitter.com/mattalvaro91
It was well known he was not coming to Peterborough. Not as much of a loss as Hunter Racine.. Who if I'm not mistaken is still un-committed?

Old
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
defensehockey19

Stefano has been very impressive lately... Even though he has been on the fourth line he has created scoring chances and how earned himself a spot on the PenaltyKill where he has been very effective. Of all the rookies that rotate in and out of the lineup he has stayed in the most and been the most productive.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Petes1987
Rookie User

The Peterborough Petes have improved greatly in their defensive game in recent games. They have only allowed six goals in their last three games and have gained five out of six points in those games. In North Bay on Friday night they only allowed one goal and 24 shots on goal in a 2-1 win and one goal.

Old
10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1987 View Post
The Peterborough Petes have improved greatly in their defensive game in recent games. They have only allowed six goals in their last three games and have gained five out of six points in those games. In North Bay on Friday night they only allowed one goal and 24 shots on goal in a 2-1 win and one goal.
Hopefully the boys can continue their strong play into this week and take 2 points from Mississauga.

Soo will be a very tough game as they have McCann, Tolchinsky and Fritsch lighting the lamp and Murray giving up next to none.

Old
10-18-2013, 04:46 PM
defensehockey19

Like fans from every other team out there I am hoping Mike Oke goes out and acquires Brett Hargrave lose his potential and the combination of being a 6'4 power forward with skill. Think it would be good for his career to be here as he will be scouted a ton with Ritchie and Cornel already here.

My opening offer would be Josh Maguire, 2nd Round Pick.

-----------------------------------
Tanus-Cornel-Ritchie
Betzold-Pierog-Hargrave
Hatcher-Clarke-Nosad
McCartney-Stefano-Lorentz

Old
10-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Northsouth

Quote:
Like fans from every other team out there I am hoping Mike Oke goes out and acquires Brett Hargrave lose his potential and the combination of being a 6'4 power forward with skill. Think it would be good for his career to be here as he will be scouted a ton with Ritchie and Cornel already here.

My opening offer would be Josh Maguire, 2nd Round Pick.

-----------------------------------
Tanus-Cornel-Ritchie
Betzold-Pierog-Hargrave
Hatcher-Clarke-Nosad
McCartney-Stefano-Lorentz
You really don't know what you want for Hargrave. You come on our site asking to trade Guigovaz for Hargrave. Why don't you ask for Deangelo while youre at it.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:31 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
You really don't know what you want for Hargrave. You come on our site asking to trade Guigovaz for Hargrave. Why don't you ask for Deangelo while youre at it.
I asked for your opinion on what you would think to create discussion.. Isn't that what a message board is for? Relax..

Old
10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Northsouth

Quote:
I asked for your opinion on what you would think to create discussion.. Isn't that what a message board is for? Relax..
Well you come on our board asking for our opinions if we traded Hargrave for one of your spare goalie and this site is a totally different player. I haven't checked the other sites but you must be asking for, let me guess a defenceman. And believe me I am relaxed. You on the other hand seem to be tensioning up.

Old
10-23-2013, 07:31 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Well you come on our board asking for our opinions if we traded Hargrave for one of your spare goalie and this site is a totally different player. I haven't checked the other sites but you must be asking for, let me guess a defenceman. And believe me I am relaxed. You on the other hand seem to be tensioning up.
Lol, if you want to continue this send me a private message so everybody else doesn't hve to read it.

Anyways... Petes have 3 in 3 this weekend. Ottawa at home, then Niagara and Erie on the road. First two games should be winnable games if we play the way we are capable of. I'd start Dagger the first two games and Giggy in Erie because I don't really have any confidence in his game right now and think he needs a fresh start with a new team.

Hopefully Lorentz and Stefano can continue to develop as they have started to settle in and contribute as rookies!

If the draft were tomorrow... The Petes would have the 2nd(Sarnia), 3rd(Kitchener) and 5th(Windsor) picks in the 2nd round!!

Go Petes Go

Old
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Lol, if you want to continue this send me a private message so everybody else doesn't hve to read it.

Anyways... Petes have 3 in 3 this weekend. Ottawa at home, then Niagara and Erie on the road. First two games should be winnable games if we play the way we are capable of. I'd start Dagger the first two games and Giggy in Erie because I don't really have any confidence in his game right now and think he needs a fresh start with a new team.

Hopefully Lorentz and Stefano can continue to develop as they have started to settle in and contribute as rookies!

If the draft were tomorrow... The Petes would have the 2nd(Sarnia), 3rd(Kitchener) and 5th(Windsor) picks in the 2nd round!!

Go Petes Go
You are wrong about Windsor,they got their 1st back for this upcoming draft,in fact they have a 1st rd for 2015 as well,they lose a 2nd rd in 2015,a 1st in 2016 and a 2nd in 2017,after working a plea agreement league reduced the sanctions by 1 1st rd pick

Old
10-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:

Go Petes Go
Ya before the season started I did some posts on the Knights board regarding picks and who is stocked (Petes) vs empty (Knights). The Petes may not be a power house right now....but if your scouts do their job, you guys are set up to be quite a show stopper over the next few years.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:53 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You are wrong about Windsor,they got their 1st back for this upcoming draft,in fact they have a 1st rd for 2015 as well,they lose a 2nd rd in 2015,a 1st in 2016 and a 2nd in 2017,after working a plea agreement league reduced the sanctions by 1 1st rd pick

Hmm not sure, what picks did the Petes obtain in the Koekkoek deal then?

This is taken from InTheORadio.com
Petes' Draft Picks
(*) indicates a conditional pick
2014: 1st, **WSR 2nd**, KIT 2nd, SAR 2nd, KIT 4th, LDN 4th, 5th, 6th, WSR 6th, KIT 6th (*), 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2015: 1st, 2nd, NIA 2nd, BEL 2nd, 4th, OSH 4th, 5th, 6th, NB 6th, 7th, LDN 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
2016: 1st, 2nd, BEL 2nd, KIT 2nd, MIS 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th

Old
10-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1987 View Post
Hmm, Ottawa 8 Petes 1. Improved defensively????? When are the great Petes fans going to run Hull and Oake out of town.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Hmm, Ottawa 8 Petes 1. Improved defensively????? When are the great Petes fans going to run Hull and Oake out of town.
I give up with this team...

"and the Peterborough Petes are proud to select with the first overall pick in this years OHL priority selection.........."

Old
10-25-2013, 09:41 AM
NHL Fanatic

Boland, Pierog and Nosad healthy scratched for breaking curfew. That doesn't help put you in the coach's good books.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
I give up with this team...

"and the Peterborough Petes are proud to select with the first overall pick in this years OHL priority selection.........."
No I think we have you beat there! We want first pick! Lol

Old
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
ProspectHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Boland, Pierog and Nosad healthy scratched for breaking curfew. That doesn't help put you in the coach's good books.
Not what this team needs from it's veterans and it's leaders. I understand blowing off some steam, but this is a team that can go either way this season - good to bad, playoffs or early draft pick. Management and coaches have to expect more from the veterans and good on them for taking the very public step of sitting players for the violation. That said, inconsistency can be expected from this team, but there are enough veterans on the team that the Petes should be taking the next step in their competitive development.

Old
10-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectHunter View Post
Not what this team needs from it's veterans and it's leaders. I understand blowing off some steam, but this is a team that can go either way this season - good to bad, playoffs or early draft pick. Management and coaches have to expect more from the veterans and good on them for taking the very public step of sitting players for the violation. That said, inconsistency can be expected from this team, but there are enough veterans on the team that the Petes should be taking the next step in their competitive development.
To add insult to injury, Boland is the Captain. The so called leader. Nice job, Boland. Time for Hull to strip the captain of the C and give it to ??? I would give it to nobody. Also , Pierog of the A.

Last edited by Stormbringer: 10-25-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Closed Thread