HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2013, 11:05 AM
bobber

vCash: 500
Great points ORYX. I always like to see projects work out because its a huge bonus if they do. Still like to see one of them turn it around. Rangers picked up goalie Jordan Dekort from Windsor as per twitter. He is 17. They gave up a 6th round pick in 2015.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Sterk sat under a different coach, one which the majority of Rangers fans were happy to see move on.

You don't develop young players by punishing them for making mistakes or a lack of production. You instil confidence in them by playing them, giving them an opportunity. Obviously that has its limitations.

IMO, Soper is not going to amount to anything more then 4th line duty in the OHL, and I've seen NOTHING from Tesky aside from his draft position to suggest otherwise either.

IMO, it wouldnt be fair to either to sit them because they arent producing. Soper isnt up to the speed and skill of the OHL, at least not yet, and Tesky has been a let down since coming into the OHL.

I agree that Blasby and Learn are the obvious choice to be brought up in tesky and Soper's absense (personally I feel both should be in the line-up ahead of tesky and soper as it is, but i dont run the club).

Can't forget about Kohn as well. He sat last game as a healthy scratch.

What I believe is happening atm, is Heibert is getting Learn and Blasby ALOT of minutes in Jr.B because he feels it'll bring them along better then 6-7 in the OHL, while players that are a bit older (Soper, Tesky), who are likely not in the long-term plans of the Rangers are the ones on the roster now playing the 6-7 minutes because if they dont develop, its an "Ohwell, they didnt project onto our roster moving forward anyways, and what we need is more mature players on our bottom 6".

Players like these come and go every year.
Well said!!!!!!!!!
And if Soper or Teskey would show something then great for the Rangers....nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Old
10-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Mach85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Great points ORYX. I always like to see projects work out because its a huge bonus if they do. Still like to see one of them turn it around. Rangers picked up goalie Jordan Dekort from Windsor as per twitter. He is 17. They gave up a 6th round pick in 2015.
A good flyer to take on a former 2nd round pick (?) with great size and youth still on his side. Guess the Spits are desperate to recoup picks or else have really soured on him, because a 6th isn't much to give up. Surprised the Rangers didn't want a look at Greenfield first. So who leaves now, Teichmann or Moylan?

Old
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Well said!!!!!!!!!
And if Soper or Teskey would show something then great for the Rangers....nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Well Teskey is scratched again for tonights game!!

Old
10-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach85 View Post
So who leaves now, Teichmann or Moylan?
Both....and run with Greenfield and DeKort?

Old
10-18-2013, 05:41 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Both....and run with Greenfield and DeKort?
I like your thinking.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Spitsfan67*

Well Dekort was brutal here in Windsor on some nights he cant stop a beach ball and he has the ODD good game, hes a big kid at 6'4 but he looks scared in the net... hopefully for you guys he turns it around but im happy the guys out of Windsor

Old
10-19-2013, 08:12 AM
CharlieGirl

Well, another lesson for our young Rangers last night. They were beaten by a better team. It's really that simple. The defense left Teichmann hanging a bunch of times, and Kingston's speed forced them to run around and get out of position -- and there was a Fronts player in the right spot every time. If it weren't for Teichmann, it would have been 11-2.

Great to see Magyar get his first (and second) OHL goal! I love watching that kid play. I'm a little disappointed in the powers that be for not giving him the 3rd star. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter but it would have been a nice tip of the hat to the kid. If the score were reversed, you can bet a Kingston player would have gotten one of the stars.

Ben Thomson spent most of the night frustrating me, but he was the only one to step up when Marcantuoni was taken down on a dangerous hit. He needs to pull his head out of his behind the rest of the time.

Lots of areas where this team needs to improve and the road doesn't get easier - the OHL schedule makers weren't kind to the Rangers this week and a half.

After seeing pitiful teams in Kingston for years, it's very nice to see this team playing so well. Their fans deserve it, and they're a lot of fun to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kingston in London in May.

Old
10-19-2013, 08:22 AM
bobber

Charlie perfect description of what took place last night. I think it was Cameron who said it was Kingston's first win in ten years at the Aud. Best team we have seen yet in my opinion. Do we even have a legitimate number 1 line? Lowest goals for in the league now.

Old
10-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Acad

What guys are expected to be traded this season?

I'm guessing :

Faska
Thomson
Teskey
TT

Potentially :

Fanelli(No one deserves to win more than BEN)
McEneny
Moylan
Iafrate

Old
10-24-2013, 03:18 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post
What guys are expected to be traded this season?

I'm guessing :

Faska
Thomson
Teskey
TT

Potentially :

Fanelli(No one deserves to win more than BEN)
McEneny
Moylan
Iafrate
Moylan was put on waivers earlier in the week.
My guess is we could see Thomson, Teichmann, Faksa, and one of McEneny or Iafrate traded with an outside chance of Marcantouni, Gilbert and Learn traded. Only way I see Ben traded is if he wanted to go to a contender for a chance.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
bobber

Can you post the source that says Moylan was put on waivers . Haven't seen anything from the Rangers regarding that issue.

Old
10-24-2013, 04:24 PM
aresknights

We could use a Fanelli type here in London And well take good care of him for ya

Old
10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
We could use a Fanelli type here in London And well take good care of him for ya
In all seriousness, most Ranger fans could stomach Ben in the Knights uniform. Just for the kids sake to get the added exposure with maybe a deep playoff run and a Memorial Cup appearance.
Other possibles with an import slot now open would be Radek Faksa (C) and/or Evan McEneny (D). Price would have to start with Marner and picks. Maybe even Herbst but there would need to be good conditional placed on him.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:25 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Can you post the source that says Moylan was put on waivers . Haven't seen anything from the Rangers regarding that issue.
Rangers wont post waivers unless he was claimed. Just from credible twitter accounts which some dont see as a source.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:54 PM
bobber

Heibert said in the Record that there has been no decision made on Moylan. His rights are owned by the Dutchies and they have to decide where he was going to practice. He also said he has talked with other teams. Not that I doubt the twitter sources just hadn't seen anything from the Rangers or even Brown who is down at the rink daily.

Last edited by bobber: 10-24-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: ADDED WORD
Old
10-24-2013, 08:27 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Well that was a disappointing loss.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:18 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Well that was a disappointing loss.
The loss isn't a surprise, but they did well to keep it close - for a while there, it looked like London was on a PP at even strength.

Again, the kids and Pederson outplayed most of the others -- no team is going to have much success when their best players aren't the best players on the ice. Faksa, Bailey, Marcantuoni and Thomson need to start playing the way they can.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
The loss isn't a surprise, but they did well to keep it close - for a while there, it looked like London was on a PP at even strength.

Again, the kids and Pederson outplayed most of the others -- no team is going to have much success when their best players aren't the best players on the ice. Faksa, Bailey, Marcantuoni and Thomson need to start playing the way they can.
I asked this a cpl times but I didn't see Soper at all during the game (I did miss close 50% of the game though).

Having said that, it does look like Mark Hunter has a big task on his hands to bring his club up to competitive nature for the Memorial Cup!
I'm just not impressed with them compared to seeing some of the other teams.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
I asked this a cpl times but I didn't see Soper at all during the game (I did miss close 50% of the game though).

Having said that, it does look like Mark Hunter has a big task on his hands to bring his club up to competitive nature for the Memorial Cup!
I'm just not impressed with them compared to seeing some of the other teams.
Soper did play sparingly. He was on for Domi's goal for sure, but was a relative non-factor.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Soper did play sparingly. He was on for Domi's goal for sure, but was a relative non-factor.
ah..ok
Thanks!

Old
10-28-2013, 01:50 PM
BenchedGuy

So when do people think that we will get a chance to see Greenfield get a start for the Rangers? For the Dutchies, Williams is doing a good job there as well so they shouldnt miss a beat.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:34 PM
bobber

Moylan traded to Sudbury for a 15th. Hope the kid gets ice up there. Seven games or so games here never gave him much of a chance to get established. Next best thing to waivers I guess.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:11 PM
mikester

I agree jack wasn't given a fair shake hope he gets more games in wolfland

Old
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM
CharlieGirl

Teichmann has left the team. He's gone home to consider his hockey career.

I'm sorry to see him go - he deserved so much better, and he was far from the reason the Rangers have been losing.

I think it's time Murray sucked it up and started looking at moving all the veterans. We knew this was going to be a tough year, but it's gotten tougher as time goes on. The rookies are all playing well, so keep them and let them grow up together.

Closed Thread