HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Will Zuccarello clear waivers?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2013, 04:58 PM
  #76
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
This pretty much sums it up. For an offensive forward with almost 17 min TOI on average, he has less than a shot on goal a game! That's just silly. Only McDonagh and Moore behind him, both with four. Even against St Lois, with a notice hanging over his head, he did't manage to fire a single shot. He should at least fire 2 or 3 shots a game. Someone (AV) should tell him the obvious. Even Pyatt hits the goal twice as much, without even knowing where it's at.
Agreed. The worst part is that he knows how to score if he wants to try, he's our shootout specialist for a reason. It's like Torts said: Zucc is a very intelligent player who reads the game in a way few others can. He always finds a way to the net, but he wants others to finish. That's his problem.

Wolfy is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
  #77
mrmovies779
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
The irony in this thread is funny.

When Zooks scored .5ppg over 80 plus NHL games
80 plus NHL games over 3 seasons.Thats even funnier.

He was brought back to provide scoring,he hasn't yet.

Hes hurting the team more then helping it so far

mrmovies779 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
  #78
mrmovies779
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
The +/- matters. Stepan got lots of points and a terrible +/- stat because of stupid turnovers and sloppy play. Zuke on the other hand blocks shots and works hard all over the ice. Dont focus to much on point production.
+/- is a terrible way to judge a players defensive value.

I'm not even going to respond to your Stepan rambling.

mrmovies779 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:29 PM
  #79
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
For the record, the title of this thread should be "Would Zuccarello clear waivers?" When I first saw it, I thought he'd been waived.

(Unless the OP knows something we don't...?)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:44 PM
  #80
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
He was brought back to provide scoring,he hasn't yet.

Hes hurting the team more then helping it so far
He was brought back to help the team when it was struggling lateseason, in particular with SO's. Which history recalls, he did, more than expected by anyone.

And pretty sure he isnt excatly hurting the team that much, considering all losses so far have been absolute shambles, no goals are particularily on him.

Not to forget the fact that he's never gone more than 3 rangers games without producing. There is no benefit of doubt around here.

Everyone was baying for Richard's head last season, look how he turned it around.

Idlerlee is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:52 PM
  #81
mrmovies779
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
He was brought back to help the team when it was struggling lateseason, in particular with SO's. Which history recalls, he did, more than expected by anyone.

And pretty sure he isnt excatly hurting the team that much, considering all losses so far have been absolute shambles, no goals are particularily on him.

Not to forget the fact that he's never gone more than 3 rangers games without producing. There is no benefit of doubt around here.

Everyone was baying for Richard's head last season, look how he turned it around.
So in your words,we brought him back for shootouts mostly.I've heard it all from the apologists now.

1 excuse after another

Bottom line in all sports are results.So far,Zuc hasn't delivered.If he stays with the team the entire year or not is up to him.He produces,he stays,he doesn't,he will be gone.

mrmovies779 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 06:05 PM
  #82
Jim Ramsay
Registered User
 
Jim Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warwick, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
This is the year for Zucc, he is definitely going to have to produce or he won't be a part of this organization come next season...

I am a Zucc fan, but I think he is invisible up to this point. At the same time I think he is the kind of player that as soon as he pots one goal, he will probably go on a point streak of at least a few games.

Any person wondering if he would clear waivers if he was sent down, I ask why send him down to begin with? What are the alternatives?

I don't want to make it sound its his only value, but I would definitely want him in my top 3 when it comes to shootouts and I've seen enough flashes in seasons past to make me think he could get going at any point....Again, I just don't know what alternatives there are anyway

Jim Ramsay is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 06:52 PM
  #83
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 676
vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
I think Zucc will be fine and get his 40 to 50 points when all is said and done by seasons end. We as a team overall came out slow to start.

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 09:31 PM
  #84
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
80 plus NHL games over 3 seasons.Thats even funnier.

He was brought back to provide scoring,he hasn't yet.

Hes hurting the team more then helping it so far
Which is a smaller sample size? 80 games or 7 games?

I agree that he like all forwards have to produce but since he has only been on the ice for 2 goals against I do not see him as hurting the team anymore than the average player on this years team so far.

NickyFotiu is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 10:00 PM
  #85
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
So in your words,we brought him back for shootouts mostly.I've heard it all from the apologists now.

1 excuse after another

.
He was brought back to fill 3rd line minutes and be a help in shootouts, that is what management stated upon his return. I'm not making anything up, just stating what was infact said

Idlerlee is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 10:44 PM
  #86
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I'm not sure what is going on with him TBH.
He's simply not that good, maybe.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 11:20 PM
  #87
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
I Am Classless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
I think he needs more time. Pouliot too, honestly. I'm not enamored enough with the short-term prospects of the people in the pipeline to give up on either one just yet. For me, at least, they were a rare bright spot in the first two games.

I Am Classless is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 01:54 AM
  #88
Anderss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
For the record, the title of this thread should be "Would Zuccarello clear waivers?" When I first saw it, I thought he'd been waived.

(Unless the OP knows something we don't...?)
I don't:-)

Just curious what people think will happen IF he gets sent down.

Anderss is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 05:39 AM
  #89
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
For the record, the title of this thread should be "Would Zuccarello clear waivers?" When I first saw it, I thought he'd been waived.

(Unless the OP knows something we don't...?)
thank you. thought the exact same thing.

egelband is online now  
Old
10-19-2013, 06:22 AM
  #90
Pistachio
I love your mother
 
Pistachio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 161
vCash: 50
Regardless of anything being said in here, by either side, it's too early.

It would be pretty silly to start sending Zuccarello down now. Sure, he hasn't produced any points - but he's been a visible and contributing force on the team. He's not making mistakes, he's not causing goals against. So when the entire team struggles, they all should get some time to settle in.

Let's get back to this in 2 weeks. Mkay?

Pistachio is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 06:55 AM
  #91
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Well, he was on a penalty kill and had 2 blocks and a clear. So yes.
He's at -2, when forwards like Stepan is at -7, Callahan at -6 and Pyatt at -6. So maybe it's Stepan and Callahan who's bad at defense?

Have you not been watching the games? Did you throw your cable box out after the Sharks game? Zucarello is working harder than any of the other forwards on defense. He skates hardest back, he throws himself in front of the puck to block (albeit at one point pretty awkard looking). He might have a size disadvantage, but continuing with the "liability on the defense" bs that's been thrown around, you can stop. The stats and his play has proven otherwise, beyond a doubt.
When vague, subjective statements like "he skates hardest back" and "working harder than any of the other forwards" get thrown around like that, it makes it hard to take the argument seriously. Especially when saying Callahan and Stepan are bad at defense. Maybe you're right though, what do I know know. #Zucc4Selke2014

BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 07:35 AM
  #92
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,754
vCash: 500
Mza has been of his game the last 2-3 games..

Not sure if it's cause of overthinking things, over confidence or if he's second guessing himself out there..

When he's "on" he's pretty fun to watch, but when he's "of"...it's brutal..

Btw; when watching other games or NHL tonight every team makes everything look soo Easy..

From passing the puck to getting chances..

I don't see the same " easynest" when we play..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 07:37 AM
  #93
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Regardless of anything being said in here, by either side, it's too early.

It would be pretty silly to start sending Zuccarello down now. Sure, he hasn't produced any points - but he's been a visible and contributing force on the team. He's not making mistakes, he's not causing goals against. So when the entire team struggles, they all should get some time to settle in.

Let's get back to this in 2 weeks. Mkay?
So, going out there and doing nothing constitutes being a "visible and contributing force?"

Holy hyperbole.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 07:39 AM
  #94
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,443
vCash: 500
If we're going to use +/- as an important stat, then Marek Malik should have won the Norris.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 07:56 AM
  #95
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Zuccarello played well in preseason which doesn't really mean much. He will be playing with Stepan again tonight and he will be on the PP. The opportunity will be there again.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 08:31 AM
  #96
Pistachio
I love your mother
 
Pistachio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 161
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So, going out there and doing nothing constitutes being a "visible and contributing force?"

Holy hyperbole.
Again, are you sure you watched the games?
First two games, he played really well. The St. Louis game he made great passes, which were completely fumbled by Pouliot. Yes, the last three games have been lackluster, but he's without a doubt been one of the most active and hard working, even when we were on defense most of the bad games. Hell, he even played a minute of Penalty Killing and did a great job last game.

I think you hate him, and you've hated him from the beginning, so you're just looking for someone to pick on. We're talking about a guy who was one of the most important ranger forwards last season before and during the playoffs. He consistently played really well, both scoring and assisting. Now he's had 2 good games, 2 okay games and 2 terrible games, and he's suddenly Judas? The guy who is dragging your whole beloved rangers down?

Stop being such a little ***** about it, and start supporting the players on the team. You're one of those entitled die hard fans that believe that your opinion matters more than any others just because your nick on a forum is "bleed ranger blue"

This board:
Off-Season: TRADE RICHARDS

Game 1: GOD DAMNIT RANGERS, YOU SUCK
Game 2: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.
Game 3: YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, EVERYONE SUCKS. EXCEPT LUNDQVIST.
Game 4: TRADE EVERYONE! ESPECIALLY LUNDQVIST!
Game 5: TRADE EVERYONE - AND BIRON TWICE! EXCEPT LUNDQVIST
Game 6: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. BUT STILL TRADE EVERYONE. EXCEPT RICHARDS, HE'S THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

And when Richards goes 3 games with no points, the band will be back together and sing the song of our people: "Trade Richards".


Last edited by Pistachio: 10-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Pistachio is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 09:00 AM
  #97
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Again, are you sure you watched the games?
First two games, he played really well. The St. Louis game he made great passes, which were completely fumbled by Pouliot. Yes, the last three games have been lackluster, but he's without a doubt been one of the most active and hard working, even when we were on defense most of the bad games. Hell, he even played a minute of Penalty Killing and did a great job last game.

I think you hate him, and you've hated him from the beginning, so you're just looking for someone to pick on. We're talking about a guy who was one of the most important ranger forwards last season before and during the playoffs. He consistently played really well, both scoring and assisting. Now he's had 2 good games, 2 okay games and 2 terrible games, and he's suddenly Judas? The guy who is dragging your whole beloved rangers down?

Stop being such a little ***** about it, and start supporting the players on the team. You're one of those entitled die hard fans that believe that your opinion matters more than any others just because your nick on a forum is "bleed ranger blue"

This board:
Off-Season: TRADE RICHARDS

Game 1: GOD DAMNIT RANGERS, YOU SUCK
Game 2: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.
Game 3: YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, EVERYONE SUCKS. EXCEPT LUNDQVIST.
Game 4: TRADE EVERYONE! ESPECIALLY LUNDQVIST!
Game 5: TRADE EVERYONE - AND BIRON TWICE! EXCEPT LUNDQVIST
Game 6: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. BUT STILL TRADE EVERYONE. EXCEPT RICHARDS, HE'S THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

And when Richards goes 3 games with no points, the band will be back together and sing the song of our people: "Trade Richards".
I don't hate Zuccarello. I think thats a tired, lazy argument. I think hes a borderline NHL talent that is close to worthless when hes not contributing points. I think you love him, and Im calling it like I see it.

Not sure where the Richards tangent came from, but trading him would be stupid due to cap recapture.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 11:44 AM
  #98
Mr Atoz
I hid the Atavachron
 
Mr Atoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
This board:
Off-Season: TRADE RICHARDS

Game 1: GOD DAMNIT RANGERS, YOU SUCK
Game 2: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.
Game 3: YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, EVERYONE SUCKS. EXCEPT LUNDQVIST.
Game 4: TRADE EVERYONE! ESPECIALLY LUNDQVIST!
Game 5: TRADE EVERYONE - AND BIRON TWICE! EXCEPT LUNDQVIST
Game 6: OH MY GOD WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. BUT STILL TRADE EVERYONE. EXCEPT RICHARDS, HE'S THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.
Neither true nor funny.

Mr Atoz is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 02:37 PM
  #99
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Neither true nor funny.
Some were a bit exaggerated but I found it funny.


He actually left off all the Nash, Boyle, Pyatt, and Tort stuff we see often on the board.

NickyFotiu is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 02:44 PM
  #100
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,342
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Neither true nor funny.
Agreed. And I can't decide which I'm more offended by.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.