HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder on the PK

Old
12-07-2006, 09:01 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Ryder on the PK

What's with Ryder on the PK lately?

I think it's because they want to get Ryder out of his slump. He'll still score an occasional goal but not as much as he should be scoring...You can see him involved but there's a definate confidence issue there...I was at the Toronto game and noticed the coaches paying special attention to him, and whenever he'd have his shot saved or mess up a play, he'd look so discouraged and point at the bench.

I also read a quote where he mentioned that lately he doesn't have the same confidence in himself and doesn't beleive he can score, which is why you see him passing it more than shooting lately.

I think he definately misses Higgins. Latendresse has been pretty good at setting him up, but he's no Higgins...

Anyways I can't be the only one who notices that they're putting Ryder out there in almost every situation to try and snap him out of his funk. He hasn't been terrible on the PK but you can really see his confidence shrink with every giveaway.

He's not playing well, but he's not playing lazy either. That being said, I'd switch him with Kovalev but that doesn't seem to in the cards (why is Carbo so against this?)

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:10 AM
mcphee

I think it's simply Carbo wanting to have 2 guys on each line available on the pk. I don't think there's any message involved. If Higgins was around, I assume Ryder wouldn't be used there. You see Kovalev playing some short shifts there with Plekanec, usually at the end of the penalty. He's been adequate so far, I haven't seen any problems. Higgins gives you the breakaway dimension that they miss, but that'll be soon enough.

I say Carbo, but it could be Muller's input for all I know.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I say Carbo, but it could be Muller's input for all I know.
I think it is Muller. I noticed him specially talking to Ryder at the Toronto game.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Tuggy

He's been playing on the PK for a little while now...I'd say at least 10 or so (pretty much taking Higgins spot with Koivu) and IMO he has done a very good job. Our PK and goaltending is the only thing working right now. Ryder may not be scoring but at least he is helping the team in some ways (*cough*Kovalev/Sammy*cough*).

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote