HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Would you guys do Gionta for Heatley straight up?
Yep.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:
Not a snowball's chance in...well, you know...

Old
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
God no, not even in the ballpark.

Heatley is possibly the worst cap hit in the NHL right now, except maybe Clarkson. Though he is a UFA next summer.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 10-18-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 200
Desharnais for cizikas

Old
10-18-2013, 12:45 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Overpayment? How about a 1st?

You'll need to get him in a package deal with some roster player coming to Montreal, otherwise the trade will be pointless and the org would never bother.
My offer was Schlemko + Rieder. Schlemko is most definitely a roster player. Certainly should be a younger and better option at 5/6D to pair with Tinordi/Murray than Boullion, and gives the Habs flexibility to not rush Beaulieu into service.

Last edited by IPreferPi: 10-18-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Draft

I think the most obvious and apparent need is a big and/or fast RW with scoring ability to open up room for Galchenyuk/Eller.

I honestly can't think of a much better fit than Alex Chiasson.

6'4 205lbs, 23yo, RW from Montreal. 13pts in 13gp at the NHL level with respectable and consistent numbers in the AHL.

He would cost A LOT. Any ideas on how we could acquire him while retaining our core?

Edit: Also a lifelong Habs fan according to Wikipedia.

Last edited by Draft: 10-18-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think the most obvious and apparent need is a big and/or fast RW with scoring ability to open up room for Galchenyuk/Eller.

6'4 205lbs, 23yo, RW from Montreal. 13pts in 13gp at the NHL level with respectable and consistent numbers in the AHL.

He would cost A LOT. Any ideas on how we could acquire him while retaining our core?

He would be absolutely perfect for us!! Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher, Collberg-Eller-Chiasson that's a great top 6!!

Old
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

The only real need for this team is a legit first line sniper. A Bobby Ryan or a Phil Kessel (both guys taht were traded for).

I'd give up some prospect depth for guys like that.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:46 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The only real need for this team is a legit first line sniper. A Bobby Ryan or a Phil Kessel (both guys taht were traded for).

Of course you would, but they cost a lot more than "prospect depth". A lot more.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Doublechin

Look at this this way, I doubt any team would take Heatley for anything more than a 4th round draft pick now. Even there most teams would pass.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Those are expensive to get though habs are pretty set for the future with a core that looks like this

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher, McCarron, Collberg, Bournival up front

Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu (hopefully Emelin) on the backend

Price and Fucale in nets

That's very solid but could be better, we should look to move some vets soon who's jobs can be completed by younger guys sooner rather than later for more important core pieces.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

The player I've been most interested in drafting in the upcoming draft is Jake Virtanen, who will likely end up an inch or two shorter and 10 or 20 lbs heavier. I think he'd be a lot easier to acquire.

Old
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
He would be absolutely perfect for us!! Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher, Collberg-Eller-Chiasson that's a great top 6!!
Well, he's basically McCarron but local, ready for the NHL, and relatively proven. However, Chiasson doesn't fight as much.

I'm worried we don't have the right assets for Dallas to consider moving him.

McCarron, Collberg, Thomas, Beaulieu, or another highly-ranked prospect or young player would have to be going their way.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Would love to get Tye McGinn. Or if somehow we're able to clear DD....get Drew Stafford.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:40 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
My offer was Schlemko + Rieder. Schlemko is most definitely a roster player. Certainly should be a younger and better option at 5/6D to pair with Tinordi/Murray than Boullion, and gives the Habs flexibility to not rush Beaulieu into service.
I don't know if Shlemko is exactly what I meant by roster player. I mean someone who plays every night, a regular. Now I don't really know more than what the stats on nhl.com state, was he injured or something? (5 games out of 7) I wouldn't be happy if the org traded Bozon for band-aids, specially since Bozon has not played a single professional game yet. I would wish for a player who would fit on the roster for several seasons, which is what I hope Bozon can achieve in time.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I don't know if Shlemko is exactly what I meant by roster player. I mean someone who plays every night, a regular. Now I don't really know more than what the stats on nhl.com state, was he injured or something? (5 games out of 7) I wouldn't be happy if the org traded Bozon for band-aids, specially since Bozon has not played a single professional game yet. I would wish for a player who would fit on the roster for several seasons, which is what I hope Bozon can achieve in time.
Schlemko hasn't been injured this season, we just have 8 blueliners on one-way deals (a logjam that hopefully will be cleared up soon via trade). Right now he and Klesla have been rotating at 3LD.

He's had some injury issues in the past, but Schlemko's still has plenty of NHL experience and can log big minutes if needed, is entering his prime, and is signed on the cheap for this season and next (1.1875M AAV).

Old
10-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I don't see the obsession with trading Desharnais right now.

1-the Habs are better with him than without him, please don't give me this BS that Bournival can do better
2-a pile of NHL teams are in cap trouble right now, so it's a bad time to try and move salary
3-Even if we moved him and freed 3.5 mil off the books, what will we replace it with? Blunden? LeBlanc? Pass.
4-Galchenyuk is doing well on LW, why screw him up by giving him more responsibility at center, he would probably end up with less ice time tahn he has right now.
5-once the current season is done, teams will still be looking for centers and most of the ones in cap hell will get relief(players coming off the books, cap going up) and will be in a better position to take DD, then we can actually get good rurn instead of giving him away...then having to hear about getting nothing back(see Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Beauchemin etc).

Can't believe that you still understand the fact that DD is talking some else's spot right now and could be EASILY replaced. Let's pretend that MaxPac is not injured, Prust has to play on our 4th line, which is a WASTE because Prust deserve way more ice time and he could help our 2nd or third line.

So STOP saying that we would be replacing DD with Moen or Prust or White, if DD is out, Briere is the one taking his spot AT center. Briere is a better player at center but because DD is so uni-dimensional, it's Briere or Galchenyuk that has to play on the wings just to make DD relevant.

So between having Briere useless on the wing on the top 9, I rather have Briere on his natural position, and Prust completing our top 9.

With DD: He sucks with Briere, Briere sucks on the wing and we are wasting Prust's abilities on the 4th line.

Without DD: Briere will be better as a center, Prust will be more useful in our 2nd our 3rd line.

So it shows that we can easily be as good without DD.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Can't believe that you still understand the fact that DD is talking some else's spot right now and could be EASILY replaced. Let's pretend that MaxPac is not injured, Prust has to play on our 4th line, which is a WASTE because Prust deserve way more ice time and he could help our 2nd or third line.

So STOP saying that we would be replacing DD with Moen or Prust or White, if DD is out, Briere is the one taking his spot AT center. Briere is a better player at center but because DD is so uni-dimensional, it's Briere or Galchenyuk that has to play on the wings just to make DD relevant.

So between having Briere useless on the wing on the top 9, I rather have Briere on his natural position, and Prust completing our top 9.

With DD: He sucks with Briere, Briere sucks on the wing and we are wasting Prust's abilities on the 4th line.

Without DD: Briere will be better as a center, Prust will be more useful in our 2nd our 3rd line.

So it shows that we can easily be as good without DD.
That's exactly it, he's getting ice time, taking up space. Plus he's still getting PP time. I'd rather have a 4.5m player who is wayyy better than DD than a 3.5 player like DD. But you are limited by the salary cap, so it's not like we could even spend the extra little bit of money to get a more complete player. That's what people need to understand, not only is it cap space tied into him, it's the fact we're prevented from really getting an even better player. If there was no salary cap, I wouldn't care as much, have him sit and just sign a UFA, but that's not how things work.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:41 PM
EveryDay

Desharnais >>>>> Briere

Old
10-18-2013, 07:53 PM
otto bond

Quote:

Make this a RHC.
Also the Stars are not going to give Chiasson just yet and today, Chiasson is a PPG player with 9 goals alone in 13 games. Would you give Gallagher for him? I wouldn't like that.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:55 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Desharnais >>>>> Briere
Yes and no

Old
10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Desharnais >>>>> Briere
I'd like to see Briere at center and DD on the wing before making such statement but right now, you're right. Briere has been absolutely useless. Both of them are too similar, they need big bodies to play with, or at least a player that goes head first to the net and board to dig out the puck for them.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:

It sounds great...but why would dallas ever want to get rid of him?

Old
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

I can think of a better fit: Evgeni Malkin ;-P

Seriously, if you want a player like Chiasson you draft one. (hopefully McCarron on the right will be as good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Make this a RHC.
Also the Stars are not going to give Chiasson just yet and today, Chiasson is a PPG player with 9 goals alone in 13 games. Would you give Gallagher for him? I wouldn't like that.
I don't think Dallas fans would make that trade either.

Last edited by vokiel: 10-18-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
It sounds great...but why would dallas ever want to get rid of him?
I'm not sure, I was appealing to the masses for ideas on what might work for both teams. We may just need to send him an offer sheet when the time comes or move a significant piece (i.e. Plekanec) if they're looking to compete now. They're very weak at centre right now and just lost a very important two-way player in Eriksson, maybe they're interested in Plekanec?

Closed Thread