HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Has Nonis made an offer?

Old
12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
big_habs_fan

vCash: 500
Has Nonis made an offer?

According to this story on Spectors he has.

http://spectorshockey.net/

Would you guys do it?

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:27 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I guess it would depend who is the player but since Morrison is really overpaid, I don't think I would touch to that deal. Salo is an interesting option but I still prefer Souray.

Pass.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Habitants

no

i dont want morisonn, i dont think he is wht this team needs
although i like salo, he seems to get injured too much. so i am not interested in dealing with vancouver...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
ppil

If it's Souray + Sammy, I would do it. Salo is a great dman at 1.5M.
But I think the winger is more likely Perez or Johson since Salo+Morrison=4.7M
Souray+Sammy=5.8M

And Vancouver are at 43.6M
Maybe they could take it at this point because they wouldn't have to pay the full salary but they wouldn't be in position to replace Morrison as a 2nd line center.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Ehh...the only trade I want the Habs to make at this point is for a second-line center, which is our most immediate problem. We can always see where we're at when the trade deadline rolls around and then try to get something in return for our UFA d-men.

But the only center Vancouver has that I (or anybody else) is interested in probably isn't going places anytime soon.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
no

i dont want morisonn, i dont think he is wht this team needs
although i like salo, he seems to get injured too much. so i am not interested in dealing with vancouver...

I'm with you on this one!

We don't want him.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
If it's Souray + Sammy, I would do it. Salo is a great dman at 1.5M.
But I think the winger is more likely Perez or Johson since Salo+Morrison=4.7M
Souray+Sammy=5.8M

And Vancouver are at 43.6M
Maybe they could take it at this point because they wouldn't have to pay the full salary but they wouldn't be in position to replace Morrison as a 2nd line center.
Perez has been great this year, no way does Gainey trade him. The kid is coming along.

I don't want Salo or Morrison for Souray. Maybe a lesser deal for either one though.

Rivet for Salo I wouldn't mind.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

vCash: 1169
I thought Salo was injured at the moment

Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
PeteLaframboise

According to them, the 'nucks will want a center for the 2nd player, so I have to believe it would be Plekanec.

Souray/Plekanec for Morrison/Salo

I have to admit that I'm not a big Pleks fan, don't think he's in the teams future, and we'll probably loose Souray at the end of the season. So it's a nice way to fill our holes without hurting our depth.

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:16 AM
White Snake*

Salo for Rivet................Where do we sign? That would be the steal of the century.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

In order for it to work for us cap-wise, we'd have to give up a bigger salary than Plekanec's. So it's technically infeasible, even as it is simultaneously completely undesirable for us. We're already saddled with Samsonov's 2-year deal which will haunt us over the summer. Why on earth would we want to additionally saddle ourselves with an equally underperforming Morrison's contract, which also carries over to next year? If it was swapping Samsonov for Morrison, well, okay, at least it's a center, but it doesn't do anythig for us down the road.

But apart from that, the defense side of it would just be attrocious. Salo isn't any better than Souray, he's injury prone, he's an impending free agent this summer too, why on earth would we make that exchange? Clearly impossible.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:30 AM
DicAnns

Salo<=>Souray
Salo is also a UFA so I don't see how we improve with this, though i think Salo is usually underrated.

Morrison<=>top 6 forward
it would have to be Kovy or Sammy, otherwise we take too much of a cap hit.
Is Morrison better than Kovy or Sammy skillwise? no way.
Maybe Gainey has had it with Kovy's attitude and Samsonov's under-performing though. Morrison seems to be a nice team guy, and we'd get a natural center.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
In order for it to work for us cap-wise, we'd have to give up a bigger salary than Plekanec's. So it's technically infeasible, even as it is simultaneously completely undesirable for us. We're already saddled with Samsonov's 2-year deal which will haunt us over the summer. Why on earth would we want to additionally saddle ourselves with an equally underperforming Morrison's contract, which also carries over to next year? If it was swapping Samsonov for Morrison, well, okay, at least it's a center, but it doesn't do anythig for us down the road.

But apart from that, the defense side of it would just be attrocious. Salo isn't any better than Souray, he's injury prone, he's an impending free agent this summer too, why on earth would we make that exchange? Clearly impossible.
While I agree with you that the trade wouldn't make sense for the habs at all, we could make room for a little extra payroll pretty easily, just by getting rid of Niinimaa.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
sheed36

Just read the article and it really makes no sense to me.It said it would be a good deal for Van because Salo is in the last year of his contract and due for a big raise.Last time I checked Souray is also in his last year and will get a huge raise so like Blind Gardien said why trade Souray for the injury prone Salo who would not improve us much.And why would the Habs want a overpaid Morrison who isn't producing in Van.We already have Samsonov who is in the same boat.Nothing about that trade makes sense and will not improve the Habs.The Habs and Van are really not good trading partners.The only players on Van I would be interested in are not going anywhere in the near future.Morrison for Samsonov maybe but I doubt Gainey trades Souray for another UFA defenseman who is no better.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Evil Ted

If we are going to make the playoffs or are even close we wont dump souray, hes more important to our team then the draft pick or young prospect we would get in return, hes huge for us in so many differnt ways.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:46 AM
znk

I really like Salo.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
While I agree with you that the trade wouldn't make sense for the habs at all, we could make room for a little extra payroll pretty easily, just by getting rid of Niinimaa.

The spector article said the deal would free up cap space for the Canucks so Samsonov won't be going to Vancouver.It will be either Plekanec or Perezhogin with Souray and I want no part of trading Perezhogin right now.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
westcoast habsfan

Forget dealing Souray. I think Spector was right on when he said Habs won't deal him unless they go into a death spiral. On the other hand, Sammy/Pleks for Morrison/draft pick or cooke? is a better deal. Sammy and Morrison both have $3 m-plus contracts running through to next year. Pleks gives Vanc. the centre they lose in Morrison, while cooke gives us a 4th line agitator who we can stick with Begin.

Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Morrison-Kovy
Perez-Bonk-Johnson
Streit-Begin-Cooke

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
westcoast habsfan

By the way, I think the west coast news people are just dreaming in technicolour. When I was living out west (I'm in T.O now) there were 3 million trade rumours about Souray coming out there. Some real crazy ones too. They seem to have a real hard on for Souray.

That trade rumour only helps one team - Vanc. If we get Morrison they have to take Sammy. And, Perez ain't going anywhere.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just read the article and it really makes no sense to me.It said it would be a good deal for Van because Salo is in the last year of his contract and due for a big raise.Last time I checked Souray is also in his last year and will get a huge raise so like Blind Gardien said why trade Souray for the injury prone Salo who would not improve us much.And why would the Habs want a overpaid Morrison who isn't producing in Van.We already have Samsonov who is in the same boat.Nothing about that trade makes sense and will not improve the Habs.The Habs and Van are really not good trading partners.The only players on Van I would be interested in are not going anywhere in the near future.Morrison for Samsonov maybe but I doubt Gainey trades Souray for another UFA defenseman who is no better.
Right on!!

I agree with this fellow Neuf!!

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Not even luke warm interest. Salo, while talented, is as injury prone as they get. He brings a good all around game, but he just doesn't play enough games. I gather from the article he's at least an RFA. Why trade one FA defenceman for another (even if Salo is an RFA) when we have the better of the two? Morrison is overpaid and under-talented. I really believe he's made his name off of Naslund and Bertuzzi. I might be interested if he were making Ribeiro-like money, but he's making nearly twice that. No thanks.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Bryzga lol*

Sourray+Samsonov for Salo+Morrison?

SURE!!!!

Sourray+anyone else on the 2nd or 3rd line? No. Possibly Ryder, but I doubt it.

Are Morrison and Salo UFA this offseason?

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
Sourray+Samsonov for Salo+Morrison?

SURE!!!!

Sourray+anyone else on the 2nd or 3rd line? No. Possibly Ryder, but I doubt it.

Are Morrison and Salo UFA this offseason?
I know Salo is, not sure about Morrison.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Maxpac

i'm officialy strating an anti-Morrison campain, that would be the worst trade ever for the Habs, he's overrated to the core, his only good years was when he was playing 2 all-star players, he's marginal in all 3 zones, and he's making 3.2 mil witch means bye bye to atleast 1 defensmen and 1 prospect, either Kosty or Grabo, i can't believe some people are actually hoping we get that guy

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The spector article said the deal would free up cap space for the Canucks so Samsonov won't be going to Vancouver.It will be either Plekanec or Perezhogin with Souray and I want no part of trading Perezhogin right now.
Uh......k. What's that got to do with Niinimaa?

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote