HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Old
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Kevin Glenn as a top ten passer in CFL history is all kinds of ****ed up.
Not as ----ed up as Damon Allen, a guy known for being a rushing quarterback with terrible in game decision making skills, being the second all time passer in CFL history.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:00 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

vCash: 500
Is there even 10000 brave souls there?

Looks like "friends and family only" night

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
Reilly said this was the first week he has felt symptom free since his concussion. Wasn't he symptom free heading into the game against the Allouettes?
When is Reed going to be symptom free?

lol At this club. Worst. fake. punt. execution ever. I'm only watching the comedy channel here..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:21 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
When is Reed going to be symptom free?
When is he going to be JOB free?

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:47 PM
rboomercat90

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
Is there even 10000 brave souls there?

Looks like "friends and family only" night
Those green seats can be a bit deceiving on tv as to whether they are empty or not but the empty gold seats don't fool anybody. It doesn't look like any more than 10,000.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:49 PM
rosemount289

Nobody mentions this............?

Nobody mentions this but this Doug Sams has got to be the worst offensive coordinator in the league........no imagination, slow to react, same old plays!!!

Greg Marshall is slightly better but I have to agree we need a whole new coaching staff.

If Kavis manage to survive...........he need to get new coordinators. Ed Hervey are you listening?

Last edited by rosemount289: 10-18-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling
rosemount289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

Perfect ending for Shaw.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Citrus Fruits

Can we just fire absolutely everyone and hire all new staff/management/board/janitors. This team is just that bad.

Citrus Fruits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

I looked away for a second but why did they take Reilly out and put Joseph in, lol?

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
I looked away for a second but why did they take Reilly out and put Joseph in, lol?
They did. For two plays. I'm not sure at all. I think he possibly got his bell rung and had to come out?

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 02:50 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

both my father and grandfather have now rolled over in their graves because of this season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Kyle McMahon

I'd guess there was about 12,000 people actually in the stands tonight.

Didn't see a win at Commonweath this year. I didn't go to the Winnipeg game. Bravo boys. Not sure when the next time I'll be in that stadium will be, but Kavis Reed won't be on the sidelines I can guarantee that much.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 07:53 AM
AJGass4

I just watched in disbelief at how horrible this team is.

Terrible play calling, in fact I wonder if there is any.

Terrible special teams.

Terrible tackling.

Last but not least, the worst O Line in the history of the CFL.

First game in my life that I have ever watched a game against Calgary and did not care in the least, I wasn't angry, wasn't sad, just plain blown away at how they are worse at game 16 than they were at game 1.

If even one of these coaches are on the sidelines in the spring, we know management cares very little about the fan base and no one should have to pay to watch that crap.

AJGass4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
I'd guess there was about 12,000 people actually in the stands tonight.

Didn't see a win at Commonweath this year. I didn't go to the Winnipeg game. Bravo boys. Not sure when the next time I'll be in that stadium will be, but Kavis Reed won't be on the sidelines I can guarantee that much.
27,600 paid attendance. probably as you say half of that in attendance. I didn't go. Couldn't make myself go through that. It must have felt sad. Because theres so much concern and so little closure with this club. Feeble that they couldn't even get a result in a game where Stamps even looked sympathetic.
I know we've talked about Cornish, and neither of us like the person, but as a player once again the best Stamp on the field and as he goes the team goes. He's indispensable. We beat Calgary more than we think if he wasn't in the lineup. Its so much easier being a QB in Calgary vs here due to the immediate balanced offense and threat Cornish brings. Time and time again him turning nothing into a 5yd gain, or beating contain for fun outside and making big gainers look routine. This guy is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
I just watched in disbelief at how horrible this team is.

Terrible play calling, in fact I wonder if there is any.

Terrible special teams.

Terrible tackling.

Last but not least, the worst O Line in the history of the CFL.

First game in my life that I have ever watched a game against Calgary and did not care in the least, I wasn't angry, wasn't sad, just plain blown away at how they are worse at game 16 than they were at game 1.

If even one of these coaches are on the sidelines in the spring, we know management cares very little about the fan base and no one should have to pay to watch that crap.
So many questions this year. But as they stated in the telecast the esk have found their answer at the key position and I'm holding onto that. I watched last night mainly for Reilly even though I think he shouldn't be playing. The heart and soul compete of this guy is incredible. I wish he could be an Oiler lol, make him captain, there, done.

Which brings me to Reilly, Stamps, Bowman, Chambers offensively give me hope. A healthy Charles would somewhat. We still need more in the backfield. Miles has looked interesting as well and I think our return game improved with the addition. Also, why was the one look yesterday the first look at this guy as receiver? He looks like a handful one on one and would like to see him get some more reps. I think this guy could give us another threat. Really sharp runner and good cuts. Can fake people out of their sneakers. Took a routine pass and made it 17yds.

Curran, Hill, Samuels looked good yesterday. Willis as well, nice to have Grymes back and we really missed this guy. Sherrit one would think has to be a lot better next year.

I try to have faith that we have a core here to work around and that we will of course improve. But will the club keep the worthwhile players, will they sign the guys that are showing they are part of a competitive core. How could they miss with Curran? If ever theres a defender that will keep playing and keep caring with nothing on the line.

Theres potential champions on this club, and some very good players. important to keep sight on that, team really needs to build around them.

Nice to see Stamps have his 5th excellent season in a row and undisputed king of receivers, Reilly 5th in rushing is interesting, albeit more than I want to see, its been a treat seeng Bowman back. Chambers is going to be special. Look for this guy to breakout.

Last edited by Replacement: 10-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old
10-19-2013, 08:39 AM
AJGass4

Once again, enjoyed our comments throughout the year Replacement.

Thanks for making things a touch brighter with your post. Feel sad for a few guys that put it on the line night after night and I agree with the players you mentioned.

Going to be a long winter, but hey we can't possibly be any worse next season. Maybe this had to happen to finally get rid of a few people on the sidelines. Even a 500 record would have saved Kavis.

Old
10-19-2013, 08:40 AM
AJGass4

OOPS, meant to say YOUR comments, not ours.

Old
10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
Once again, enjoyed our comments throughout the year Replacement.

Thanks for making things a touch brighter with your post. Feel sad for a few guys that put it on the line night after night and I agree with the players you mentioned.

Going to be a long winter, but hey we can't possibly be any worse next season. Maybe this had to happen to finally get rid of a few people on the sidelines. Even a 500 record would have saved Kavis.
Thanks as well. I enjoy our interactions.

Wanted to comment on Fred Stamps in isolation. What a guy.

Here we have a receiver who just won't lay down. I find it interesting how in the absence of RR Fred Stamps apparently determined he needed to go to even another level. A clear allstar alltime level. This year and last he's worked with less than ideal QB service and yet has posted up two of his best years and with this season on track to be best ever in every category. In terms of TD's caught these past two years have interestingly been his career peaks.
Lastly the last two years have been his highest yards per catch performances.

Its weird. But the intensity of this guy and focus and consistency is one for the ages. In the midst of sadness I never forget we're also watching some greats. Fred Stamps I'll never forget. One of the Eskimo legends already. Among a handful of the best players in the league. So theres things to hold onto.

Old
10-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
well, that game was a complete waste of time. the poor coaching is what stood out the most for me.
Fire Rhodes and Reed first, and maybe make it a clean slate and get rid of Hervey too.
he's also been a big part of the pathetic Eskimo teams over the last few years.
I honestly don't think there was 13,000 people in the stands.

I think someone might have died at the game. a fellow one section over from me collapsed in the first quarter. they were giving him chest compressions for about 15 minutes before the emergency people got him out of there. it didn't look good at all.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:29 AM
AJGass4

Well I like the following and believe they are the heart and soul:

Reilly

Stamps

Bauman

Yeesh, that's about it. They have all the heart in the world and in a dismal season, they showed up to play and kept their heads held high. (And it's amazing Reilly has a head at all after the hammering he took game in and game out).

Old
10-19-2013, 11:01 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
27,600 paid attendance. probably as you say half of that in attendance. I didn't go. Couldn't make myself go through that. It must have felt sad. Because theres so much concern and so little closure with this club. Feeble that they couldn't even get a result in a game where Stamps even looked sympathetic.
I know we've talked about Cornish, and neither of us like the person, but as a player once again the best Stamp on the field and as he goes the team goes. He's indispensable. We beat Calgary more than we think if he wasn't in the lineup. Its so much easier being a QB in Calgary vs here due to the immediate balanced offense and threat Cornish brings. Time and time again him turning nothing into a 5yd gain, or beating contain for fun outside and making big gainers look routine. This guy is special.

So many questions this year. But as they stated in the telecast the esk have found their answer at the key position and I'm holding onto that. I watched last night mainly for Reilly even though I think he shouldn't be playing. The heart and soul compete of this guy is incredible. I wish he could be an Oiler lol, make him captain, there, done.

Which brings me to Reilly, Stamps, Bowman, Chambers offensively give me hope. A healthy Charles would somewhat. We still need more in the backfield. Miles has looked interesting as well and I think our return game improved with the addition. Also, why was the one look yesterday the first look at this guy as receiver? He looks like a handful one on one and would like to see him get some more reps. I think this guy could give us another threat. Really sharp runner and good cuts. Can fake people out of their sneakers. Took a routine pass and made it 17yds.

Curran, Hill, Samuels looked good yesterday. Willis as well, nice to have Grymes back and we really missed this guy. Sherrit one would think has to be a lot better next year.

I try to have faith that we have a core here to work around and that we will of course improve. But will the club keep the worthwhile players, will they sign the guys that are showing they are part of a competitive core. How could they miss with Curran? If ever theres a defender that will keep playing and keep caring with nothing on the line.

Theres potential champions on this club, and some very good players. important to keep sight on that, team really needs to build around them.

Nice to see Stamps have his 5th excellent season in a row and undisputed king of receivers, Reilly 5th in rushing is interesting, albeit more than I want to see, its been a treat seeng Bowman back. Chambers is going to be special. Look for this guy to breakout.
I would add Sewell, Howard, and Laurent to the things to look forward too list. Hopefully the coaching staff gets turfed this off season and Hervey goes on an exhaustive search for an offensive line and secondary. I don't want any of those guys back...except maybe for Grimes.

Also, I wonder if a Sherritt for an offensive lineman trade is a possibility? I'm really liking Curran...reminds me of Willie Pless with his pursuit to the ball.

John White has impressed me as well. Hope he is back at training camp next year...guy is a baller.

Future looks bright...hopefully Kavis and his sad sack crew are not around to screw it up.

camboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 11:09 AM
rboomercat90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemount289 View Post
Nobody mentions this but this Doug Sams has got to be the worst offensive coordinator in the league........no imagination, slow to react, same old plays!!!

Greg Marshall is slightly better but I have to agree we need a whole new coaching staff.

If Kavis manage to survive...........he need to get new coordinators. Ed Hervey are you listening?
It's been mentioned.

Old
10-19-2013, 11:09 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
Those green seats can be a bit deceiving on tv as to whether they are empty or not but the empty gold seats don't fool anybody. It doesn't look like any more than 10,000.
Do you mean the 'Rider' green seats? Nice of the Eskimos to install seats in the color of a rival team. Its great being reminded of the Riders every time you look at those seats.

Yet another quality decision by Len Rhodes no doubt.

I wounder if he will announce if Kavis is back for another year?
Apparently Kavis is a really nice man and he understands the Eskimo way.
Maybe we are all being a little too harsh.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Stoneman89

The concerning thing with Stamps, is that he's having his best and peak years on lousy teams. By the time this team, if ever, starts to get back on track, he may well be on the downhill slide. What a shame.

From what I've seen of Rene Curran, Sherrit should be moved for a piece that's needed. Curran looks like a keeper.

Shamwad Chambers will be a nice Canadian receiver for us in many years to come. One of out 2 picks turning out from that draft isn't too bad, I guess.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year at the QB position. By rights, Nichols should be #2, and more than capable to step in to take some obligatory head shots to give Reilly some relief. Want to see the battle between Jacobs and Crompton.

Hervey should move heaven and earth to load up on 1st rounders this year, and do nothing but pick O linemen. And also move anything we have of value to stock up on more of them. And open the vault for any good FA lineman. As we've found out, good Olinemen are like pieces of gold. Our QB's aren't worth **** without them. This problem has to be solved, and it has to be solved asap. Hopefully Pazstor finally gets cut from an NFL team and heads up here, would be a nice bonus. All three of the import linemen we have were absolute shyte and need to be removed.

This team also needs a power running back as well. Too bad Messam was let go for peanuts. He and Charles would have provided a good combo. Now, we need to find another Messam. When we need 2 yards, we need a guy to get it.

I don't even know what to say about the kicking game. Right now, it's a mess. We're basically stuck with Shaw, given the enormous contract he received, so we can only hope he progresses.

We also need a couple competent dbacks. Hopefully , there is a "Weldon Brown" out there for us during the off season.

Of course, I am going on the assumption that Reed and company are flushed after the season. If they are not, I will not be following or supporting this organization until that happens.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I'm glad I didn't invest in this team this year.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Kevin Glenn as a top ten passer in CFL history is all kinds of ****ed up.
Shows this league has really turned into an air show in the last decade. Glenn has been a low-end starter for most of his career. A 4000-yard season used to be a benchmark of success, now it's pretty much expected out of anyone who plays 18 games.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote