HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

. . I feel the trade winds - stronger each day!!

Old
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
bipolarhabfan

vCash: 500
I keep wondering how good this team would have been with a player like Shanahan. He was the type of player we needed; one with skill, experience, a hard-nosed attitude, and would keep the rest of his team mates honest. I think he was the first choice for Gainey while Samsonov was 4th or 5th on the list. However, Shanahan on the Habs will remain a hypothetical and a what if because he suffered from a case of Prongeritis this last summer.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
My mistake I thought it was March 27 but three months is still not exactly "around the corner".
. . . actually it is around the corner considering that trades are inevitably going to happen weeks before the actual deadline calender date . . .

semantics isn't it ?

habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
I agree with Ryder, Kovalev and Samsonov leaving for sure. Souray I'd like to keep and rather see Rivet and Niinama leave instead and use those dollars to help sign Souray. You can also add Abby to that list. Between these 6 players, we should be able to get a 2nd line center, top 4 d-man and another offense type player.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
On spector:

TEAM 1040 and CKNW 980 in Vancouver reported Tuesday night that Canucks GM Dave Nonis has offered defenceman Sami Salo and foward Brendan Morrison for Montreal Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray and a player to be named (probably a scoring 2nd or 3rd liner)

this 2nd or 3rd = Sammy or Perez I guess, maybe Johson but I don't think so.

Would you do it?

If it's Souray+Sammy for Salo+Morrison I would do it depending on the injury that Salo just had.

By the way spector is saying that Vancouver wouldn't trade Morrison without a center coming back, and Montreal won't trade Souray if they are in the playoff so in his opinion, this rumor is crap

. . . no way on this . . . I live in Vancouver (moved here 15 yrs. ago from Mtl.). Let me say that Morrison is imo overrated regardless if he is "having a bad yr." and Salo is fine however gets hurt a lot & although maybe more defensively responsible than Souray, I would take Sheldon in a heart beat if it came down between the 2 - so very 1-sided in Vancouver's favor if this happened (which it won't).

Nonis here although unseasonably cool here, does not have to turn up his furnace as I'm sure he is feeling enought heat presently with the teams under performance.
Actually the only refreshing thing here, really, is Alain V. who is deffinately is a very good choice and is doing the best as to what he has.

Wow has Bulis ever turned out to be a bust here . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordi View Post
Those are some pretty strong winds. Or something gassy you ate last night.

. . . Wow how old are you . . . took you long enough to post that one . . .
What a slow day for u

Old
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
I agree with Ryder, Kovalev and Samsonov leaving for sure. Souray I'd like to keep and rather see Rivet and Niinama leave instead and use those dollars to help sign Souray. You can also add Abby to that list. Between these 6 players, we should be able to get a 2nd line center, top 4 d-man and another offense type player.

Cheers . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan14741 View Post
I keep wondering how good this team would have been with a player like Shanahan. He was the type of player we needed; one with skill, experience, a hard-nosed attitude, and would keep the rest of his team mates honest. I think he was the first choice for Gainey while Samsonov was 4th or 5th on the list. However, Shanahan on the Habs will remain a hypothetical and a what if because he suffered from a case of Prongeritis this last summer.
We would have had a terrific team.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:22 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side View Post
Habitforming,

The only guy on your list I would trade is Ryder. The other three bring something hard to replace. If Ryder could finish the year with anywhere close to 30 goals his value might still be high, and Ryder IMO would be easy to replace.

Easy to replace huh?????

How many Habs have scored 30 goals in the last 10 years?

Ya.... that's what I thought!

He may be a puck hog, suck along the boards, horrrible in moving the puck out of the zone... but UNFORTUNATELY, he is one of our top 3 snipers along with Higgins and Kovy (when he wants to play).

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Easy to replace huh?????

He may be a puck hog, suck along the boards, horrrible in moving the puck out of the zone... but UNFORTUNATELY, he is one of our top 3 snipers along with Higgins and Kovy (when he wants to play).

hmmmmm . . . . if M. Ryder was half as consistent in scoring as he is being consistent in selfishly keeping the puck ALL THE TIME, he would have a nice number of assists to go along with his goals and we might have another 30 goal scorer or two . . . . make sense . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
I just want to trade players for îcks, get rid of people hurting our team more then anything. I'm crossing my fingers for a line-up next that looks like

Higgins-Koivu-Latednresse
Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kovalev
Johnson- Pleckanek-Perezhogin
Bégin- Lappierre-Downey/Chipchura
Nice thought, but you have 3 - 1st year players, 2 - 2nd year players (if you even call Kots a 2nd year player) and 3 - 3rd year players. That 8/12 forward positions with youngsters..a little too raw imo.

Not to mention that if we can't sign our UFA dmen, you may see one new rookie on D.

Chip maybe a few years away... as for the rest...well, let's see what happens at the trading deadline and the off-season.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
JrHockeyFan

Lol

What a list to start for trading. Sorry but that is way over the mark.

Ryder: Give him some time to come around. I don't think he is "selfish" at all. I wish he would go to the net more.

Samsonov: Just starting to look like he is fitting in. Trade value would not be high anyway

Souray:Gimme a break. Without him on the PP we would not be #4. He personally has scored goals that got us 10 points at least. Can't see any justification to trade him right now anyway regardless of UFA status

Kovalev: if he does not come around by the new year, and he usually does when the games are on the line so to speak, then talk trade. How much you will get? Who knows. Same story though. Why would anybody want to deal this guy now? Market value would be much higher in Feb 07

Sorry, but you can't deal ALL those guys anyway. You are going to likely be getting picks or futures back. Those can't help you in the playoffs. And we are on track to make the playoffs. 'Nuf said.

Aeby might get dealt. He is playing well enough lately to earn some appreciation from some teams who are fighting to make the playoffs.

Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 12-07-2006 at 04:38 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
hmmmmm . . . . if M. Ryder was half as consistent in scoring as he is being consistent in selfishly keeping the puck ALL THE TIME, he would have a nice number of assists to go along with his goals and we might have another 30 goal scorer or two . . . . make sense . . .
It doesn't make any sense to me. If Ryder isn't a good passer he's not going to turn another player into a 30 goal scorer, regardless of if he passes a lot or not. He could tweek his game, but he's a shooter first and foremost and not a bad one.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
ultraboy

To Montreal: Jordan Stall
To: Pittsburgh: Markus Naslund
To Vancuver: Sheldon Souray, Sergei Samsonov

+ we give Plekanec to Pittsburgh or Vancuver

Shoot

ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
. . . actually it is around the corner considering that trades are inevitably going to happen weeks before the actual deadline calender date . . .

semantics isn't it ?
Okay now that's like saying big trades are going to happen between October and March. It may be true but it's totally irrelevant to say.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraboy View Post
To Montreal: Jordan Stall
To: Pittsburgh: Markus Naslund
To Vancuver: Sheldon Souray, Sergei Samsonov

+ we give Plekanec to Pittsburgh or Vancuver

Shoot
no way Pitts would trade Staal for a 33 year old player, especially 1 who's being paid 6mil, that's money for both Crosby and Malkin in the future

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:31 PM
goalchenyuk

If they trade Morrisson , they need a center in return ; that leaves Plekanec or Bonk .

Souray + Plekanec for Salo and Morrisson ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
I just want to trade players for îcks, get rid of people hurting our team more then anything. I'm crossing my fingers for a line-up next that looks like

Higgins-Koivu-Latednresse
Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kovalev
Johnson- Pleckanek-Perezhogin
Bégin- Lappierre-Downey/Chipchura

Grabo and Kosti have great chemistry together and like to shoot ALOT more then Plecks and Sammy, The reason why Bonk ain't on my team is because we need his salary to pay our D's and i think Plecks was destined to play third line minutes as well. I can't stand Ryder and Samsonov anymore. Ryder has faster wheels but this year he thinks he's some sort of Ovechkin but with no hands. Samsonov doesn't know the meaning of a position, he tries to play all 3 witch confuses the guys he plays with more then anything. We don't need Morrison or Salo, we just need to start building a dinasty team that a core that will stay together for atleast 5 years. No only is this team better then our actual team but it's cheaper also

3 rookies on the first 2 lines ? WOW...Only Pittsburg could get away with that ...

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:58 PM
ultraboy

Quote:
no way Pitts would trade Staal for a 33 year old player, especially 1 who's being paid 6mil, that's money for both Crosby and Malkin in the future
Pittsburgh have room for his 6mil.
When Crosby and Malkin are free agents salarie cap will be over 50 mill. Neslund is signed one more year after this one.
He put 35-40 goals playing with Morrison how many can he score with Crosby, plus he brings leadership to young Pittsbugh team and will help them fight for playoffs now.
Stall is playing on 3 line and couple years away from being star player and with malkin and Crosby playing centers cant stay on the 3 line forever

ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 06:48 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
What a list to start for trading. Sorry but that is way over the mark.

Ryder: Give him some time to come around. I don't think he is "selfish" at all. I wish he would go to the net more.

Samsonov: Just starting to look like he is fitting in. Trade value would not be high anyway

Souray:Gimme a break. Without him on the PP we would not be #4. He personally has scored goals that got us 10 points at least. Can't see any justification to trade him right now anyway regardless of UFA status

Kovalev: if he does not come around by the new year, and he usually does when the games are on the line so to speak, then talk trade. How much you will get? Who knows. Same story though. Why would anybody want to deal this guy now? Market value would be much higher in Feb 07

Sorry, but you can't deal ALL those guys anyway. You are going to likely be getting picks or futures back. Those can't help you in the playoffs. And we are on track to make the playoffs. 'Nuf said.

Aeby might get dealt. He is playing well enough lately to earn some appreciation from some teams who are fighting to make the playoffs.

. . . way over the mark eh! . . . . . . . remember what you said in a few weeks . . . better yet I'll remind you

Old
12-07-2006, 06:50 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
It doesn't make any sense to me. If Ryder isn't a good passer he's not going to turn another player into a 30 goal scorer, regardless of if he passes a lot or not. He could tweek his game, but he's a shooter first and foremost and not a bad one.

. . . what?? . . . read what I said and try to digest the punn in it . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Okay now that's like saying big trades are going to happen between October and March. It may be true but it's totally irrelevant to say.

. . . READ READ READ . . . unfortunately you don't need to step back & anylize something to anylize . . . . I should remember I guess who reads this sort of thing anyways . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
. . . what?? . . . read what I said and try to digest the punn in it . . .

Explain I really didn't understand it.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Taylorzzz

Sorry I'm a little late to jump on on this one, but I don't think thed original poster meant that all 4 people would be traded. He stated his opinion on why he thinks any of the 4 MAY be traded.

Please people, relax! Read these posts for what they are. This is a forum to discuss the team and for people to express their opinions. Haven't you ever heard the expression "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and everyone elses' stinks!"

I tend to agree that anyone of those players could possibly be traded for the reasons stated or for other entirely different reasons.

Anyway, I'm going back to the other room to get ready for the 2nd period....

GO HABS GO!

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 07:40 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorzzz View Post
Sorry I'm a little late to jump on on this one, but I don't think thed original poster meant that all 4 people would be traded. He stated his opinion on why he thinks any of the 4 MAY be traded.

Please people, relax! Read these posts for what they are. This is a forum to discuss the team and for people to express their opinions. Haven't you ever heard the expression "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and everyone elses' stinks!"

I tend to agree that anyone of those players could possibly be traded for the reasons stated or for other entirely different reasons.

Anyway, I'm going back to the other room to get ready for the 2nd period....

GO HABS GO!

. . . . I couldn't have explained it any better . . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Explain I really didn't understand it.
. . . ok . . .below is what nyhabsfan was I guess a bit miffed on me not supporting his buddy Ryder. So I just rebuttled by saying that he may be the only 30 Goal scorer we have had (2 years), however, I was trying to state that of all the numereous chances he misses, he could have passed to another teammate in a better position for the score.

Hence my point was if he did this unselfish thing, he would make the most of all his opportunities not just either score or miss. He can score and also pass off therefor racking up assists which would give other teammates of his more goals and then we would have . . . . yes . . . . more than just one 30 goal scorer. . .

Hopefully you now get what I'm saying . . . and if anyone would like to add or make more clear and interpret better what I just said, by all means pls. add something. . . Cheers

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan
Easy to replace huh?????