HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Nonis made an offer?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2006, 02:12 PM
  #26
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
i'm officialy strating an anti-Morrison campain, that would be the worst trade ever for the Habs, he's overrated to the core, his only good years was when he was playing 2 all-star players, he's marginal in all 3 zones, and he's making 3.2 mil witch means bye bye to atleast 1 defensmen and 1 prospect, either Kosty or Grabo, i can't believe some people are actually hoping we get that guy
FINALLY someone that sees Morrison for what he is. Worthless!!

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 02:43 PM
  #27
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 500
**** all the trading stuff, let's just sign Ziggy Palffy.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:11 PM
  #28
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Uh......k. What's that got to do with Niinimaa?
Niinimaa? Where did I mention Niinimaa? I am not following you.Please explain?

Nevermind.I quoted your message by mistake.I was a little lost there for a moment.Sorry about that.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
  #29
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know Salo is, not sure about Morrison.
Morrison has one year left after this one, iirc.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
  #30
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Morrison has one year left after this one, If I recall correctly.

Yeah I year left @ 3.2 Million.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:45 PM
  #31
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
FINALLY someone that sees Morrison for what he is. Worthless!!
Someone else you mean? See my first post in this thread.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
  #32
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
I guess it would depend who is the player but since Morrison is really overpaid, I don't think I would touch to that deal. Salo is an interesting option but I still prefer Souray.

Pass.
Morrison isn't overpaid. At 3.5 he's getting his value, don't underestimate him because he's playing on a team that is struggling as a whole to score goals.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
  #33
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
i'm officialy strating an anti-Morrison campain, that would be the worst trade ever for the Habs, he's overrated to the core, his only good years was when he was playing 2 all-star players, he's marginal in all 3 zones, and he's making 3.2 mil witch means bye bye to atleast 1 defensmen and 1 prospect, either Kosty or Grabo, i can't believe some people are actually hoping we get that guy
That part, i could have sworn you were talking about Kovalev...It's funny, your mocking Morrison, Kovalev is the same way. He's soo overrated it's almost comical. Morrison is not overrated, i see him play a lot here in bc, more than some of you that are dissing him that live in the east. He's got the wheels and he creates chances, he's also the Canucks' all time leader in overtime goals. As a trio Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi complimented each other, they never played so they made 1 soo much better, it wasn't like that. Naslund fed off of Morrison's playmaking and Bertuzzi would do the same and there were times where they returned the favour to B-Mo.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
  #34
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
Someone else you mean? See my first post in this thread.
Hehe yeah, I guess I forgot about your post since I didn't read this thread in one shot.. came back, read again and then I posted.

I'm at a loss as to how many "habs fans" can feel any random player they hear about could be our saviour. Can't they realise those guys aren't good and would be even worse in Montreal?

I mean, Morrison isn't very good on a Canucks that's arguably more talented offensively than we are. And you'd expect him to get Kovalev/Samsonov rolling.. big joke. John LeClair can't produce with Crosby/Malkin and is put on waivers, and they'd like Bob to pick him up.... WHAT FOR? We don't have a Crosby or a Malkin here and even those guys weren't able to make him look good enough to keep a spot in the Penguins lineup.

I just wish people would realise that just because a player is not playing in our team right now makes him someone we would need.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:03 PM
  #35
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hehe yeah, I guess I forgot about your post since I didn't read this thread in one shot.. came back, read again and then I posted.

I'm at a loss as to how many "habs fans" can feel any random player they hear about could be our saviour. Can't they realise those guys aren't good and would be even worse in Montreal?

I mean, Morrison isn't very good on a Canucks that's arguably more talented offensively than we are. And you'd expect him to get Kovalev/Samsonov rolling.. big joke. John LeClair can't produce with Crosby/Malkin and is put on waivers, and they'd like Bob to pick him up.... WHAT FOR? We don't have a Crosby or a Malkin here and even those guys weren't able to make him look good enough to keep a spot in the Penguins lineup.

I just wish people would realise that just because a player is not playing in our team right now makes him someone we would need.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:09 PM
  #36
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
**** all the trading stuff, let's just sign Ziggy Palffy.
Zigmund Palffy can return a year from the day he retired. If he wants to come back to the NHL he still has to honor his contract with the Penguins, so he is still Penguin property. Unless the pens buy him out which i highly doubt, if he's sitting and wants to stay retired, then he won't get his dough. If he comes back, i think the prospects of playing with Crosby and Malkin would be pretty enticing. There is also the injury concern, if it has fully healed or not and if he is in shape and has been practicing.

But if i had my pick (if both were healthy) between Kovalev and Palffy for a 4.5m price-tag, i'd take Palffy every time.

You can't mention overrated players and diss him without remembering we have #27 on our roster and that it applies to him also.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
  #37
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
FINALLY someone that sees Morrison for what he is. Worthless!!
You can count me in.He's not the solution even though he would be an improvement over Pleks on the 2nd line (offensively speaking).I'd rather try to get Horcoff or Stoll from Edmonton instead.

Morrison is not really better than Ribs.Both are soft and have a tendency to disappear when things become more intense.Not the kind of player you need during the playoffs.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
  #38
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hehe yeah, I guess I forgot about your post since I didn't read this thread in one shot.. came back, read again and then I posted.

I'm at a loss as to how many "habs fans" can feel any random player they hear about could be our saviour. Can't they realise those guys aren't good and would be even worse in Montreal?

I mean, Morrison isn't very good on a Canucks that's arguably more talented offensively than we are. And you'd expect him to get Kovalev/Samsonov rolling.. big joke. John LeClair can't produce with Crosby/Malkin and is put on waivers, and they'd like Bob to pick him up.... WHAT FOR? We don't have a Crosby or a Malkin here and even those guys weren't able to make him look good enough to keep a spot in the Penguins lineup.

I just wish people would realise that just because a player is not playing in our team right now makes him someone we would need.
Are you kidding?

We have:

Koivu
Johnson
Latendresse
Ryder
Plekanec
Perezhogin
Bonk
Higgins

to name a few...


Canucks?

Sedins
Naslund
Morrison
Pyatt - very very debateable.

it pretty much ends there.

Canuck's are a 1 and 1/2 line team. No depth whatsoever, we have depth and it shows if you ACTUALLY look at our stats.


And that Leclair thing, please, try to keep up with the NHL. John Leclair has lost more than a step this season, he also seems to have lost his sense of direction as he loves running into the young guns on the team. Leclair is slow, too slow to keep up with Crosby, that's why he's not putting up points, no other reason.

If Leclair from last season's shape was playing this season, Leclair wouldn't be waived at all, i'll tell you that much. As for Morrison between Kovalev and Samsonov, first off, Morrison can keep up with them skating wise, he is also a pretty nifty playmaker when he has the right guys to feed the puck to.

It's funny how people forget Kovalev was just an enigmatic russian player (the norm back in the 90's) that would put up ok numbers but never really good ones, till he was traded to pittsburgh where there is a wealth of talent on that squad. The he hits the 90s for pts and now he's this god to some homer fans on whatever team he plays for, when he was a ranger again and now as a hab. i'm as big of a habs fan as the next guy, but i also follow the canucks and there is no way i'm going to play the dissing homer game the rest are displaying wonderfully.

You take Kesler out of the Canucks lineup and put him on a different team and you'd get a different result. Different systems give you different results, not sure when this became a mystery to people.

BTW, as a Devil, Brendan started to put up the numbers we all see from him now, he put up 46 pts in his 2nd year (prior to that, 9pts in 11games). The year he was traded, he had 26pts in 44 games, then came to Vancouver and put up 9pts in 12 games.

His first full season as a Canuck, he put up 54 pts. What did Bertuzzi and Naslund put up that year? 74pts for Nazzy and Tuzzi put up 55pts. So tell me, how was Morrison mooching off those guys when the 3 really grew together and became good because they had years of playing together getting used to each other.

You have the perfect combination on that line. A sniper, playermaker, and a powerforward.

Next time, post about a player after you actually know how he plays. Last season Morrison flew out of the gates for Vancouver, then a rib injury which he really didn't tell people started to bother him and he lost a step, wasn't able to check and was hooking as a result, which is why people **** and moan about him right now. Because he played hurt the 2nd half of the season (as did Naslund) and didn't tell the media as an excuse.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
  #39
Habmaster
Registered User
 
Habmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
no thanks

Being from Victoria, Ive seen a ton of Van games - I really dont want either of those guys on my team.

Habmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:30 PM
  #40
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,171
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I'm at a loss as to how many "habs fans" can feel any random player they hear about could be our saviour. Can't they realise those guys aren't good and would be even worse in Montreal?
THANK YOU

Just like the Habs fans suggesting we pick up Leclair or Allison or try to trade for Nieuwendyk...if those guys were on our team, we'd be racking our brains trying to think of ways to get rid of them. The grass isn't always greener on the other side!

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
  #41
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
THANK YOU

Just like the Habs fans suggesting we pick up Leclair or Allison or try to trade for Nieuwendyk...if those guys were on our team, we'd be racking our brains trying to think of ways to get rid of them. The grass isn't always greener on the other side!
While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I think in the case of Morrison he could be a good 2nd line center.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:47 PM
  #42
rexman_1998
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Make it Bulis instead of Morrison and Fitzpatrick instead of Souray and it's a done deal


===
Perezhogin !

rexman_1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
  #43
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,171
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I think in the case of Morrison he could be a good 2nd line center.
Well I'm not equating Morrison with Allison by any means...but I think (hope) we can do better.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
  #44
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well I'm not equating Morrison with Allison by any means...but I think (hope) we can do better.
We all hope but getting a better return in a trade means giving up more assets.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 07:16 PM
  #45
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
(Maybe a little OT, but I saw his name come up in this thread

It's too bad he got a puck in the face, but Niinimaa seems to be much better on the left side. Maybe the guy does have value, and maybe Markov's illness will give him a chance to showcase it.

(We must be optimistic.)

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
  #46
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Zigmund Palffy can return a year from the day he retired. If he wants to come back to the NHL he still has to honor his contract with the Penguins, so he is still Penguin property. Unless the pens buy him out which i highly doubt, if he's sitting and wants to stay retired, then he won't get his dough. If he comes back, i think the prospects of playing with Crosby and Malkin would be pretty enticing. There is also the injury concern, if it has fully healed or not and if he is in shape and has been practicing.

But if i had my pick (if both were healthy) between Kovalev and Palffy for a 4.5m price-tag, i'd take Palffy every time.

You can't mention overrated players and diss him without remembering we have #27 on our roster and that it applies to him also.
When did he retire? I have to prepare myself to loot him in all my pools.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.