Colbourne PWF 83 Knight TWF 82 Couturier TWF 80
Forward Scratches: Iginla (73)

LD RD
Brodie OFD 89 Jones TWD 87
Giordano OFD 86 Ekblad TWD 85
Russell OFD 84 Sieloff DFD 84
Defense Scratches: Krug (83)

Goaltending:
Alfredsson BUT 90 (5 star goalie I got from Pittsburgh )
Lindback HYB 83

Calgary defeats Buffalo in 5 games to win the Stanley Cup. Connor McDavid wins Conn Smythe as Playoff MVP. (21 G, 9 A, +27)

Full GM Summarization
Stanley Cups: 3 (2014-15, 2015-16, 2017-18)
Conference Championships: 3 (2014-15, 2015-16, 2017-18)
Division Championships: 4 (2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18)
Presidents Trophies: 2 (2014-15, 2017-18)
Playoff Appearances: 5 (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18)
Captains: Baertschi (C), Couture (A), Brodie (A)
Point Leader for Flames in franchise: Sven Baertschi (164 G, 426 PTS)

About 3 years ago in the franchise, I traded Hanowski to Buffalo. Well I check the stats at the end of this season and Hanowski had 42 G and 85 PTS.

Also, for the fifth straight year, I faced Phoenix . I hate the new divisions.

Plus/Minuses of GM Mode so far:
+Baertschi's breakout
+Brodie's surprising development into a Top 2 D
+Connor McDavid's quick development
+Consistency of Grabner (4 straight 20 goal, 50 point seasons)
+Consistency of Russell (3 of 5 seasons have been 10 goal, 40 point seasons)
+Strong defensive play of Monahan
+Strong defensive play of Corban Knight
+Surprisingly good backup goaltending from Lindback
+Surprisingly good season in 2013-14, eliminated in the second round by Phoenix.

-Inconsistent defense during playoffs
-Poirier, Klimchuk never becoming something notable
-Underachievement of Jakub Voracek (traded for Seth Jones at the end of a second round loss to Phoenix in 2017)
-Swept by crappy Phoenix team in 2017
-Underachievement of strong Abbotsford Heat team from 2013-17 (won Calder Cup in 2018)

Last edited by MonahanForCalder: 10-20-2013 at 12:31 PM.
MonahanForCalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 08:44 AM
pspot

vCash: 500
hey guys, fantasy question about Backlund

I've got him on my team and with 4 games coming up this week i'm thinking of playing him. He's getting 19+ mins which is great but really isn't producing.

Is he just snake bitten? with the team having success and him not getting points im worried about playing him.

will he stop getting those minutes? do you think he'll start getting points?

Thanks

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
SJFlames

vCash: 134
With backlund, he may not be getting the points yet but he is doing a lot of the little things right. With stajan out he is our most experienced centre so i don't expect his minutes to be going down. I think he'll get on the scoresheet eventually because he has looked pretty good so far

SJFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
hey guys, fantasy question about Backlund

I've got him on my team and with 4 games coming up this week i'm thinking of playing him. He's getting 19+ mins which is great but really isn't producing.

Is he just snake bitten? with the team having success and him not getting points im worried about playing him.

will he stop getting those minutes? do you think he'll start getting points?

Thanks
Backlund is basically our best centre in all areas of the game except finishing. He's kind of our sacrificial lamb in terms of statistics, because he's being given all of the toughest assignments, and up until last game, he was playing with grinders on his wings. On top of that, when he has been given quality wingers, it seems to be to get them going and try to get some chemistry. So in spite of high ice time, he's not being necessarily put in a place to succeed points-wise.

That said, he's being played on the powerplay with Sven and Monahan, and he's working extremely hard and doing all the little things right. He's bound to start breaking out statistically soon.... right?

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesmith View Post
Backlund is basically our best centre in all areas of the game except finishing. He's kind of our sacrificial lamb in terms of statistics, because he's being given all of the toughest assignments, and up until last game, he was playing with grinders on his wings. On top of that, when he has been given quality wingers, it seems to be to get them going and try to get some chemistry. So in spite of high ice time, he's not being necessarily put in a place to succeed points-wise.

That said, he's being played on the powerplay with Sven and Monahan, and he's working extremely hard and doing all the little things right. He's bound to start breaking out statistically soon.... right?
ha, that's what im thinking....just in a weekly head to head so I have to commit
for the week

Backlund 4 games vs B Schenn 2 games

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Fantasy Question on Hudler and Monahan

Hey there fellas. Glad to see your boys are off to a surprisingly good start. Wish I could say the same about my Rangers who are off to a unsurprisingly horrific start.

That said got a question on both Hudler and Monahan for my longtime 12 team dynasty fantasy league and it involves your two players.

Tonight is first time this year we are having our FAAB auction. We all have $100 fictitious dollars and we get to spend it on up to 3 players this week and 2 every week thereafter. Ironically the two guys I like the most are Monahan and Hudler. Here's my issues and need your help:

1. Most importantly and what is the million dollar question. WILL Monahan stick with the big club? I'm guessing he will from everything I've seen of him and read. I can't imagine Feaster sending him back to Ottawa considering the fantastic start. Agree? Disagree? If he does stick, how many points can you project for him this year? He already has 8. I gotta believe he's good for 40-45 more if obviously he keeps his health and stays on first line which I'd anticipate he'd remain on or at worst on 2nd line?

2. Hudler is off to just a good a start and he's got some history behind him as he did have that one really nice year with the Red Wings a few years ago. He's got 9 pts so far. Can you guys see him hitting 60 this year? more? less?

Bottom line, I'd love to take Monahan followed by Hudler but tonight is the auction and I need to make a decision. If I knew for sure he was staying I probably wouldn't even have posted here. Any of you know the situation more than what has been revealed and if you had choice, who do you think is better fantasy wise going forward. Thanks for any advice I might receive.....cheers

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:17 PM
RaginStajan
It's real!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanForCalder View Post
+Strong defensive play of Corban Knight
Is Knight in the game or did you create him?

RaginStajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:33 PM
MonahanForCalder
The Pingu Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginStajan View Post
Is Knight in the game or did you create him?
I created him. 70 overall, 3.5 star center I created him as and he is now my top defensive forward by far.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesmith View Post

I think Backlund is currently set to become the Flames' less-physical, higher offensive upside version of a Stephane Yelle.

Nothing bad about that.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:24 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Backlund is pissing me off. He was statistically suppose to be a beast this year and it looks like he's regressed. Sure, he's great at all the little things, but I figured he'd be at least a 50pt centermen. Oh well

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:25 PM
RaginStajan
It's real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Backlund is pissing me off. He was statistically suppose to be a beast this year and it looks like he's regressed. Sure, he's great at all the little things, but I figured he'd be at least a 50pt centermen. Oh well
Still 72 games left.

RaginStajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
I agree. Not so much that I thought he would do better or think he has regressed but he seems to have stalled as a 3rd line center and it is disappointing to see him have so much talent but not be able to put it together.

I would like to try to move him to wing when Colborne and Monahan don't need to be as sheltered.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Magnificent66

Who's in net tommorow?

Magnificent66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Magnificent66

Any word is sven is back in?

Magnificent66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:00 PM
MonahanForCalder
The Pingu Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificent66 View Post
Any word is sven is back in?
Flames tweeted that Sven is back in tonight against the Capitals.

Old
10-26-2013, 02:54 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
It's tough to put up points when you're starting in the defensive zone 58% of the time, playing with TJ Galiardi and David Jones (often with Chris Buttler and Shame O'Brien behind him). He's also 11th of Flames skaters in PP TOI which basically means he's not on either regular PP unit.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
It's tough to put up points when you're starting in the defensive zone 58% of the time, playing with TJ Galiardi and David Jones (often with Chris Buttler and Shame O'Brien behind him). He's also 11th of Flames skaters in PP TOI which basically means he's not on either regular PP unit.
He sees 1:30 its not like he is being benched. Since Gio has gone down we have only used 3 defenseman on the 2 pp units. He is getting time just hasn't generated a lot, but he has made some great plays with the puck and has been very good cycling. Once he figures it out he will see an increase in ice time as Monahan will lose pp time when he struggles (and he will).

Old
10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
The only reason to ever be pissed off about Backlund is at the end of games when you look at the scoresheet and don't see his name. Because while actually watching him play, all he does is impress.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Yeah probably. He should be playing with Cammy and Stemper. Stajan is more of a Glencross + Jones type of centerman.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:30 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I agree. Not so much that I thought he would do better or think he has regressed but he seems to have stalled as a 3rd line center and it is disappointing to see him have so much talent but not be able to put it together.

I would like to try to move him to wing when Colborne and Monahan don't need to be as sheltered.
He plays too good of a two-way game to be a winger. It just sucks that he looks like he's peaked at 3rd liner.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:31 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

^ Did anyone really expect Backlund to become a #1 or #2 centre?

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:32 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
He plays too good of a two-way game to be a winger. It just sucks that he looks like he's peaked at 3rd liner.
I would rather move him to wing for now and see if we can get his offense going.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherapyforGlencross View Post
^ Did anyone really expect Backlund to become a #1 or #2 centre?
Almost everyone has expected Backlund to become a #2 center.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:42 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Almost everyone has expected Backlund to become a #2 center.
Oh, I honestly never though he would become a #1 or #2 centre. I don't know, he has amazing defensive skills but not elite offensive skills.

it's not like I'm bragging or not that i was right

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherapyforGlencross View Post
Oh, I honestly never though he would become a #1 or #2 centre. I don't know, he has amazing defensive skills but not elite offensive skills.

it's not like I'm bragging or not that i was right
Well it isn't over yet

But the general feeling when he was drafted was he was going to be a #2 centerman with the potential of bordering on first line talent if his offensive game grew. Sadly it seems it hasn't as of yet but on the other hand #3 center for future has been filled only 19 more spots to fill!