HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Devils 10/19/13

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
  #101
Colby
HFB Partner
 
Colby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
The **** is it with these Devil jackasses?

Congratulations. You won a game. It only took you 8 games to get one.
Come on, they're allowed to enjoy a win.

Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
  #102
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Good thing he held out for that extra 100K. Hope he likes watching the US team from his couch.
I hope he gets traded while some GMs think he has high value.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:14 PM
  #103
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I hope he gets traded while some GMs think he has high value.
Nah, he's having a bad season because of his foolish actions of missing training camp. He's still a keeper. But he stinks right now and it's clear as day why.

When we do our rebuild, definitely keep him. He'll look nice as a 2nd line C behind McDavid.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:14 PM
  #104
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
From your mouth to gods ears. The Rangers are in a unique situation with the amount of valuable FAs they have. Trade those at the deadline for a killing, be bad this year and next. Add Ekblad, McDavid and everything else we score from the UFA firesale to what we already have and then go from there. Make sure one of the trades involves a prospect goalie.


BTW, Step looks great out there doesn't he? Where are all the people who said that missing training camp wouldn't be a big deal? Come on out you guys and take a bow! Way to go!
Been saying it for a while, Stepan is way overrated and is softer than a case of charmin bathroom tissue.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:17 PM
  #105
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Good thing he held out for that extra 100K. Hope he likes watching the US team from his couch.

I knew it would happen. I kept saying the longer Stepan holds out the worse he will be the first half of the season and that has been the case

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
  #106
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Trade Lundqvist, Del Zotto, Boyle to EDM for Dubnyk, Schultz, Yakupov

Josh3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
  #107
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Either way, Sather better be on the phone and there better be a trade on the way.

Girardi, Del Zotto, Staal, Zuccarello, Boyle, Pyatt, Powe, Dorsett. He surely can get some good to great offers.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:20 PM
  #108
Colby
HFB Partner
 
Colby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Good thing he held out for that extra 100K. Hope he likes watching the US team from his couch.
I know that's a popular narrative, but I think it's impossible to quantify the effect of his holdout on his play. What we do know, though, is he has been a slow starter every year of his NHL career. Take out the hat-trick in his debut and he was put on the 4th line for a while early in his rookie season. Through nine games in 11/12 he had 0G 2A. Last year's early season slump was highlighted in this embarrassing thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1332525

I don't know if four seasons is a big enough sample to say he's a slow-starter, so it could just be noise instead of a signal. Either way, he, like most other Rangers, needs to pick it up.

Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:20 PM
  #109
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I knew it would happen. I kept saying the longer Stepan holds out the worse he will be the first half of the season and that has been the case
When he looks back on this season/year and realizes that the reason he missed the Olympics squad was for a 100 grand he's going to be kicking himself. His agent should start looking for a new client.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
  #110
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
I know that's a popular narrative, but I think it's impossible to quantify the effect of his holdout on his play. What we do know, though, is he has been a slow starter every year of his NHL career. Take out the hat-trick in his debut and he was put on the 4th line for a while early in his rookie season. Through nine games in 11/12 he had 0G 2A. Last year's early season slump was highlighted in this embarrassing thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1332525

I don't know if four seasons is a big enough sample to say he's a slow-starter, so it could just be noise instead of a signal. Either way, he, like most other Rangers, needs to pick it up.
It's not impossible at all. In those seasons he didn't miss training camp. New coach, new system. He looks terrible. The fact that he missed training camp may not be everything, but it's probably 90% of the problem.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
  #111
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 11,899
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Been saying it for a while, Stepan is way overrated and is softer than a case of charmin bathroom tissue.
It's clearly because he missed training camp. His partner in crime being out doesn't help either. Even with him playing sub par, he's still only a little below PPG. I don't think he'll be excluded from Team USA. Stepan will excel on a deep, talented team like that.


Last edited by Aufheben: 10-19-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:25 PM
  #112
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
Trade Lundqvist, Del Zotto, Boyle to EDM for Dubnyk, Schultz, Yakupov
At first I was like Dubnyk, but that I remembered - we need to tank. Good thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Either way, Sather better be on the phone and there better be a trade on the way.

Girardi, Del Zotto, Staal, Zuccarello, Boyle, Pyatt, Powe, Dorsett. He surely can get some good to great offers.
As long as we are getting some good picks and prospects in return that's fine. Don't want him trading anything for Older players/players to try to get us off this schnide. It's tank time baby!

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:26 PM
  #113
Ricebox
Registered User
 
Ricebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway - Florida
Country: Norway
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
How would you guys feel about a Lundqvist trade?

Ricebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:27 PM
  #114
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
How would you guys feel about a Lundqvist trade?
100% for it. Get some incredible pieces back for him to kickstart our rebuild.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:28 PM
  #115
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
How would you guys feel about a Lundqvist trade?
It would mean a full rebuild. Which I wouldn't be happy with if Sather is still here.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:28 PM
  #116
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
As long as we are getting some good picks and prospects in return that's fine. Don't want him trading anything for Older players/players to try to get us off this schnide. It's tank time baby!
You still need a combination of proven talent with young talent. Getting picks only gets you so far. Ask Oiler fans how they feel, and they garnered 3 1st overall picks.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:29 PM
  #117
Ricebox
Registered User
 
Ricebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway - Florida
Country: Norway
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Ok, Trade us Lundqvist (Tampa)

You just cant have Stamkos or St.Louis, or Gudas


Ricebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
  #118
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You still need a combination of proven talent with young talent. Getting picks only gets you so far. Ask Oiler fans how they feel, and they garnered 3 1st overall picks.
I'll take Edmonton's future over ours

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:31 PM
  #119
GFiP
Registered User
 
GFiP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
How would you guys feel about a Lundqvist trade?
100% for it. Always been overrated and coddled by the rangers excellent defense.

GFiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
  #120
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,561
vCash: 500
Teams deprived of offensive talent and clearly Pouliot and Zuc aren't the answers to that. Call up Kristo and Kreider and give them decent minutes, give Pouliot and MZA less. I'd rationalize cutting Pyatts time but that's implied.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
  #121
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You still need a combination of proven talent with young talent. Getting picks only gets you so far. Ask Oiler fans how they feel, and they garnered 3 1st overall picks.
I know, but that proven talent has to fit a mold. Young, skilled, on a contract that still leaves them an RFA when done. Gotta start somewhere.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #122
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
I'll take Edmonton's future over ours
And look at where they are. They can score in bunches but they also get scored on in bunches. And they have the opposite problem to us: they can't get a legit UFA to sign there that is worth a damn.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #123
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
Ok, Trade us Lundqvist (Tampa)

You just cant have Stamkos or St.Louis, or Gudas

Drouin and he's yours.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #124
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
At first I was like Dubnyk, but that I remembered - we need to tank. Good thinking.



As long as we are getting some good picks and prospects in return that's fine. Don't want him trading anything for Older players/players to try to get us off this schnide. It's tank time baby!
Good call Dubnyk does suck

Josh3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:34 PM
  #125
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I know, but that proven talent has to fit a mold. Young, skilled, on a contract that still leaves them an RFA when done. Gotta start somewhere.
I'd start signing talent that can score 20G, 20A but doesn't disappear and still is noticeable on the ice when the opposition plays rough. We only have one player on the team that plays like that, and he's out with an injury.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.