HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Hyper League 2.0 Season 2 | FREE AGENCY ENDS SOON | REGULAR SEASON TO START TODAY

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 07:02 PM
camwise

vCash: 500
im going to allow at least till Sunday or Monday for peoples to get their games in.. i kinda punched it down to quickly...

Old
10-16-2013, 07:03 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNashty View Post

(1) vs (4) Conference Quater-Finals
---------------------------------------

Game 1 - 3 - 2
- Despite being outshot 22-9, the Vancouver Canucks played smart and ended up taking advantage of what they were given and with that they take one on the road in Chicago.

Game 2 - 3 - 2 OT
- Vancouver took a quick penalty to start the game but capitalized with a rocket from Ryan Kesler for a SHG but Chicago came right back with a goal from Marian Hossa on the PP. With under a minute remaining in the 1st period, Patrick Kane unleashed a wrist shot off the faceoff that zoomed by Luongo to give the Blackhawks a one goal lead heading into the 2nd. Vancouver tied the game up on a beautiful passing play late in the 2nd. No one could get anything past the two goaltenders in the 3rd. In the start of the 1st OT, Vancouver took a penalty and then it looked as if they capitalized but the goal was called off due to goaltender interference. Chicago then had a 5-3 PP in which Vancouver killed. Chicago took a risk on jumping the play and it costed them when Ryan Kesler converted again! Vancouver now holds a HUGE 2-0 lead in the series heading back to Vancouver.

Game 3 - 4 - 0
- Vancouver started the scoring off as usual on a PP goal from Daniel Sedin. Chicago tried to gain momentum but Vancouver kept matching their tempo if not exceeding it. Nothing much was happening until a little half way through the 2nd period when Dan Hamhuis blasted one on a turn around shot to make it 2-0 Vancouver after 2 periods of play. Vancouver didn't stop there as Kassian made it 3-0 4 minutes into the 3rd period. Chris Higgins then added another tally off a rebound from Crawford. At this time Crawford has now let up 4 goals on 9 shots. It all looks pretty much over as Vancouver now leads the series 3-0.

Game 4 - 1 - 2 OT
- With the series not going how Chicago planned at all, Coach Quenneville decided to change the lineup a little bit in hopes it would wake his team up. Coach Q isn't happy with Cory Crawfords play at all so don't be surprised if Coach Q pulls Crawford if he gets off to another shaky start. As expected, 2 minutes in Alexander Edler blasts one by Cory Crawford to make it 1-0 and that's the way it would stay until the end of the 1st period. Jonathan Toews tied it up half way through the 2nd by sliding it under Luongo's pads. After the 2nd period, Chicago still had hopes with the score tied up at 1 a piece. Neither team could get something going in the 3rd so this is the 2nd game of the series that will be heading into overtime. Half way through the OT period, Patrick Sharp rips one off the pipe but Marian Hossa was right there to put it in the back of the net which helps the Blackhawks avoid the sweep with a 2-1 victory in OT.

Game 5 - 1 - 4
- The Mad House was rocking in Chicago in hopes to force this game back to Vancouver for a Game 6. Chicago was off to a fast start and they capitalized with a nice wrist shot from Patrick Kane in which beat Luongo. The score stayed that way through the 1st period and the Chicago fans are still rocking. At the start of the 2nd period, Patrick Kane rang two off the pipe but both managed to stay out of the net. On the PK, Jonathan Toews capitalized and made it 2-0 Chicago. Chicago wasn't done tallying in the 2nd as Toews added his 2nd of the night not to shortly after his last one to send Chicago into the 3rd period leading 3-0. In his return game, Brandon Saad tallies the 4th goal of the game but with under a minute left in play, Alexander Burrows slid one past Crawford but that was it. The Mad House and the Blackhawk faithful did what they needed to do to send this series back to Vancouver. Now all they can hope for is a Game 7 back in Chicago.

Game 6 - 0 - 0
- TBA

Game 7 - - IF NECESSARY
also... LOVE THIS hahahahah great spirit guyS!!!

Old
10-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Koivu777

I posted league news that I have Salvador, Olesz, and Harrold on the block as well as the 1st Ovr Selection. Does everyone see it under League News? I know I can't trade until playoffs are done, but since I'm not in the playoffs I wanted to do something.

Old
10-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Shinkaruk9

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNashty View Post

Game 1 - 3 - 2
- Despite being outshot 22-9, the Vancouver Canucks played smart and ended up taking advantage of what they were given and with that they take one on the road in Chicago.

Game 2 - 3 - 2 OT
- Vancouver took a quick penalty to start the game but capitalized with a rocket from Ryan Kesler for a SHG but Chicago came right back with a goal from Marian Hossa on the PP. With under a minute remaining in the 1st period, Patrick Kane unleashed a wrist shot off the faceoff that zoomed by Luongo to give the Blackhawks a one goal lead heading into the 2nd. Vancouver tied the game up on a beautiful passing play late in the 2nd. No one could get anything past the two goaltenders in the 3rd. In the start of the 1st OT, Vancouver took a penalty and then it looked as if they capitalized but the goal was called off due to goaltender interference. Chicago then had a 5-3 PP in which Vancouver killed. Chicago took a risk on jumping the play and it costed them when Ryan Kesler converted again! Vancouver now holds a HUGE 2-0 lead in the series heading back to Vancouver.

Game 3 - 4 - 0
- Vancouver started the scoring off as usual on a PP goal from Daniel Sedin. Chicago tried to gain momentum but Vancouver kept matching their tempo if not exceeding it. Nothing much was happening until a little half way through the 2nd period when Dan Hamhuis blasted one on a turn around shot to make it 2-0 Vancouver after 2 periods of play. Vancouver didn't stop there as Kassian made it 3-0 4 minutes into the 3rd period. Chris Higgins then added another tally off a rebound from Crawford. At this time Crawford has now let up 4 goals on 9 shots. It all looks pretty much over as Vancouver now leads the series 3-0.

Game 4 - 1 - 2 OT
- With the series not going how Chicago planned at all, Coach Quenneville decided to change the lineup a little bit in hopes it would wake his team up. Coach Q isn't happy with Cory Crawfords play at all so don't be surprised if Coach Q pulls Crawford if he gets off to another shaky start. As expected, 2 minutes in Alexander Edler blasts one by Cory Crawford to make it 1-0 and that's the way it would stay until the end of the 1st period. Jonathan Toews tied it up half way through the 2nd by sliding it under Luongo's pads. After the 2nd period, Chicago still had hopes with the score tied up at 1 a piece. Neither team could get something going in the 3rd so this is the 2nd game of the series that will be heading into overtime. Half way through the OT period, Patrick Sharp rips one off the pipe but Marian Hossa was right there to put it in the back of the net which helps the Blackhawks avoid the sweep with a 2-1 victory in OT.

Game 5 - 1 - 4
- The Mad House was rocking in Chicago in hopes to force this game back to Vancouver for a Game 6. Chicago was off to a fast start and they capitalized with a nice wrist shot from Patrick Kane in which beat Luongo. The score stayed that way through the 1st period and the Chicago fans are still rocking. At the start of the 2nd period, Patrick Kane rang two off the pipe but both managed to stay out of the net. On the PK, Jonathan Toews capitalized and made it 2-0 Chicago. Chicago wasn't done tallying in the 2nd as Toews added his 2nd of the night not to shortly after his last one to send Chicago into the 3rd period leading 3-0. In his return game, Brandon Saad tallies the 4th goal of the game but with under a minute left in play, Alexander Burrows slid one past Crawford but that was it. The Mad House and the Blackhawk faithful did what they needed to do to send this series back to Vancouver. Now all they can hope for is a Game 7 back in Chicago.

Game 6 - 0 - 0
- TBA

Game 7 - - IF NECESSARY
Awesome! Lol...can't wait to continue this. If only someone did this for every series was defs cool to read. I'll be online now for a while and we can finish er up!

Old
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
ScottStevens

Will be on @ 4PST lets get this series going I will write it up like the CHI-VAN series

Old
10-18-2013, 01:42 PM
camwise

Commish here.

I will be giving everyone till Monday night to finish their games.

Waited for you last night. I have guests in from out of town and wont be able to play until Monday night.

Please post when you guys are done your series!!

Best of luck!!

Old
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
ScottStevens

Please PM me if you have to play me! I am having a crazy weekend, so let me know when you can play Saturday evening or Sunday!

Old
10-19-2013, 10:16 PM
AznNinja100*

very happy my rangers made the last playoff spot!

Old
10-20-2013, 09:20 AM
camwise

anaheim sanjose montreal and florida.. are you going to get your series done? you have until tomorrow night at 9pm mst

Old
10-20-2013, 02:41 PM
AznNinja100*

NYR vs. TOR series is over.

Gm 1: NYR 5 - TOR 4
Gm 2: NYR 4 - TOR 3 (OT)
Gm 3: TOR 2 - NYR 4
Gm 4: TOR 4 - NYR 0
Gm 5: NYR 0 - TOR 2
Gm 6: TOR 4 - NYR 5 (OT)

NYR wins the series 4-2.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:25 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty

Game 1 - 3 - 2

Game 2 - 3 - 2 OT

Game 3 - 4 - 0

Game 4 - 1 - 2 OT

Game 5 - 1 - 4

Game 6 - 1 - 3
- Vancouver was rocking in hopes for the Canucks to win the series at home and move onto the next round and Chicago wanted to bring this series all the way back to Chicago and hope to make the comeback complete at home. The game started off fast paced when Kassian and Shaw dropped the gloves. Emotions were running high and finally Patrick Kane was able to grab the 1st goal of the game. The scored remained that way until Marian Hossa added Chicago's second goal of the game. Chicago was throwing everything on net in hopes of something getting past Luongo. It seemed to be all Chicago and the crowd was beginning to get restless. With two minutes left in the game Brandon Saad who had just came back from injury tore his MCL from a collision and he will most likely be done until next season. Vancouver then nodded their first goal of the game but Chicago answered again in the final minute to seal the deal and send this series back to Chicago for Game 7.

Game 7 - 0 - 2
- Chicago was rocking knowing that their Blackhawks could complete the series after going down 3-0 in the series to start it off. Similar to Game 6, it was very fast paced and both teams were running off adrenaline. Andrew Shaw and Patrick Sharp snuck by the defense for a 2-1 and converted when Sharp saucer passed it to Shaw and Shaw knocked it home and Chicago erupted. In the 2nd period, Patrick Kane went down from a clean hit and would not return to the game, after evaluations from the doctors he was diagnosed with a Mild Concussion and is obviously a huge blow for Chicago. The score remained the same but the Blackhawks were playing for Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp ripped one past Luongo for a 2-0 lead. All they had to do was hold on for another 10 minutes and that's exactly what they did and Corey Crawford recorded his first shutout of the post-season. Chicago completed the impossible from coming back from 3-0 to winning the series and moving onto the next round of the playoffs.

WIN THE SERIES IN 7 GAMES.

Side Note: Shout out to Vancouver on an amazing series. Back and forth and I honestly thought I was done for after going down 3-0. I look forward to our future matches next season!

Old
10-21-2013, 07:34 AM
camwise

san jose vs anaheim has not started yet.

montreal vs florida has not started yet.

Boston has broken his controller I have temp booted him, so philly you have until 9pm mst to finish your series.

Sim is happening tonight regardless of where people are in their series.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:48 AM
ScottStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
san jose vs anaheim has not started yet.

montreal vs florida has not started yet.

Boston has broken his controller I have temp booted him, so philly you have until 9pm mst to finish your series.

Sim is happening tonight regardless of where people are in their series.
I sent San Jose numerous messages last night when he was online (xbox and hf) But he ignored me the whole hour, and decided to continue playing offline GTAV. I have tried to contact him other days, but no response

Old
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStevens View Post
I sent San Jose numerous messages last night when he was online (xbox and hf) But he ignored me the whole hour, and decided to continue playing offline GTAV. I have tried to contact him other days, but no response
ill message him.

If he doesnt respond, I will temp boot him to allow you to play the series, and will even hold off for an hour or so if I have to to allow you to get your games in.

He has until 5pm MST to respond.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
ScottStevens

Quote:
ill message him.

If he doesnt respond, I will temp boot him to allow you to play the series, and will even hold off for an hour or so if I have to to allow you to get your games in.

He has until 5pm MST to respond.
Then might as well sim the series.... I won't be on from 5-9 PST

Old
10-21-2013, 12:26 PM
camwise

Quote:
Then might as well sim the series.... I won't be on from 5-9 PST
Im sorry dood, that really sucks I can hold off until tomorrow morning at 6am MST if you can promise to finish the series tonight, and if no one has a problem with that

Old
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM
ScottStevens

Quote:
Im sorry dood, that really sucks I can hold off until tomorrow morning at 6am MST if you can promise to finish the series tonight, and if no one has a problem with that
Thanks, I will get er done late tonight if thats cool with everyone.

Old
10-21-2013, 03:34 PM
camwise

Quote:
Thanks, I will get er done late tonight if thats cool with everyone.
CanuckCity has informed me he has reached out to you.

I will hold off on the SIM tonight to allow this series to play through.

Also, Edmonton are you going to be around tonight?

Old
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM
ScottStevens

Quote:
CanuckCity has informed me he has reached out to you.

I will hold off on the SIM tonight to allow this series to play through.

Also, Edmonton are you going to be around tonight?
He has.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:20 PM
camwise

The have defeated 4-2

Old
10-21-2013, 11:58 PM
AznNinja100*

Quote:
The have defeated 4-2
Now for san jose vs anaheim and montreal vs florida

Old
10-22-2013, 05:55 AM
stonay

sorry below post is correct

Last edited by stonay: 10-22-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old
10-22-2013, 06:04 AM
stonay

Philly ousts boston in 7!

with an injury riddled team that has seen players such as giroux miss 2 games, timonen(34 games) and read (41 games) out until at least the season opener next year, and possibly timonen headed for retirement, the flyers were facing a real up hill battle. Also sidelined ray emery and wayne simmonds also sidelined for 18 and 6 games respectively. The flyers are doing their best to handcluff themselves to the hope of call ups from the AHL to get the job done.

With AHL regulars Tye McGinn, Zac Rinaldo and Eric Gustafsson being brought in to replace the injured guys, Much of the teams hope was pinned to these 3 stepping in and filling the void.

the first 3 games of the series saw a see-saw battle between goalies and users, with a tight scoring run and gun game 1 which resulted in philly gaining the series lead. Game 2 was much different with boston using its size to create space and time for the puck possession game to open up opportunities and to take out game 2. Game 3 was very similar to game 2 to with a bit more free wheeling and open scoring falling in philly's favour.

After the first 3 games as reported bostons user had broken his control (in what i presume to be rage and/or frustration in being down 2-1 in the series).

From here on out it was purely a goalie's series to win, with reimer showing some flashes of brilliance and also some flashes of utter stupidity. Rask was an absolute rock for the bruins and kept them in it most nights playing with the desperation he wished the skaters in front of him shared.
The series went back and fourth between the teams until game 7. Tye Mcginn playing from game 2 onwards had been a beast scoring 3 goals in as many games, and brayden schenn doing his best to drag the beaten up flyers across the line, with giroux and hartnell fighting hard through niggling injuries.

It took 60 minutes plus almost all of overtime to finish off the series for the flyers, with a last minute clutch goal by Jake Voracek to get philly across the line and into the second round of the playoffs.

SERIES BREAKDOWN:
GAME 1
PHI 2 - BOS 1
GAME 2
PHI 1 - BOS 3
GAME 3
PHI 5 - BOS 1
GAME 4
PHI 1 - BOS 2
GAME 5
PHI 2 - BOS 3
GAME 6