HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

. . I feel the trade winds - stronger each day!!

Old
12-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
. . . ok . . .below is what nyhabsfan was I guess a bit miffed on me not supporting his buddy Ryder. So I just rebuttled by saying that he may be the only 30 Goal scorer we have had (2 years), however, I was trying to state that of all the numereous chances he misses, he could have passed to another teammate in a better position for the score.

Hence my point was if he did this unselfish thing, he would make the most of all his opportunities not just either score or miss. He can score and also pass off therefor racking up assists which would give other teammates of his more goals and then we would have . . . . yes . . . . more than just one 30 goal scorer. . .

Well, I guess i understood from the start and my previous comment still applies. If he's not a good passer, he won't make another player a 30 goal scorer and I highly doubt he's destroying his linemates chances seeing as Higgins has been on a tear with Ryder on his line.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:44 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Well, I guess i understood from the start and my previous comment still applies. If he's not a good passer, he won't make another player a 30 goal scorer and I highly doubt he's destroying his linemates chances seeing as Higgins has been on a tear with Ryder on his line.

. . . ok "rookie" - whatever you say . . . oh and Ryder really helped tonite didn't he - how many chances was that - ya a real sniper we have!

habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
oh and Ryder really helped tonite didn't he
Yeah - he got two assists. Now find something else to complain about.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
. . . you know what - this is a forum & if you think its about complaining well screw your head back on because this is a back and forth thing here - hence forth called a forum.

If you took a moment to read all my posts since the first one, you can hardly say its complaining, mainly stating an opinion. If it comes off complaining, its more one on one rebutles that occur.

Don't selectively choose an opportunity to make a dramatic enternace to prove or stipulate a one knock out "oh ya" comment that you want to make yourself feel good about!

'nough said . . .

Old
12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
habitforming

Quote:
. . . one other thing - were the 2 assists made, intentional heads up passes to any teammate??

I will give him his due tonight though, he was more visible and involved at least . . .
You see even I at this stage don't have a problem recognizing something when it's there. Unfortunately, it's so very very infrequently done by him. To many nights off - that's all

Old
12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
. . . you know what - this is a forum & if you think its about complaining well screw your head back on because this is a back and forth thing here - hence forth called a forum.

If you took a moment to read all my posts since the first one, you can hardly say its complaining, mainly stating an opinion. If it comes off complaining, its more one on one rebutles that occur.

Don't selectively choose an opportunity to make a dramatic enternace to prove or stipulate a one knock out "oh ya" comment that you want to make yourself feel good about!

'nough said . . .
If I can't qualify your last post as complaining, then no post ever can be qualified as such. A sarcastic "oh yeah he really helped tonight didn't he?" when the guy has two assists in a win is going a bit overboard for my tastes, which is why I felt I had to interject my two cents. And if you take yourself back to the first page, I was the fourth poster in the topic, it's not like I've been sneaking around here waiting to "nail" you for saying something I didn't agree with.

As for the assists, who cares about the quality of them? It means he was involved enough in the play to get a couple of mentions on the scoresheet. Just like how a rebound/garbage goal isn't any less of a goal because it wasn't scored on a beauty breakaway or something.

Ryder's always been a streaky player, it bewilders me that people don't seem to have realized this by now.

Old
12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Turbo

What I learned in this post is that people that agree with the original poster get a and those that don't, a .

Let me save you a post and I'll give myself a for you since I disagree with almost everything you said. The only player that Gainey is probably trying to move is Sammy but his value is likely very low at this point. He's not dumping any of the other 3, especially if the Habs remain in their current position in the standings.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
The only player that Gainey is probably trying to move is Sammy.
I wouldn't bet on even that, Gainey is a very patient GM and said when we signed Samsonov that it'd take at least until January to evaluate his position with the team. I'd be more inclined to take his word on that, but who knows

Old
12-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Turbo

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on even that, Gainey is a very patient GM and said when we signed Samsonov that it'd take at least until January to evaluate his position with the team. I'd be more inclined to take his word on that, but who knows
I agree - I don't think he'll move him for little either. And if his value raises because his play picks up, then it means he's become useful to us as well so...

Plus Higgins is supposed to take 1 week of skating before coming back. Hasn't started yet. He would have to start this weekend if he's going to make the 6 week time frame. I'm feeling he'll be a little over that time - keeping Sammy through the new year is a good idea for depth on top of continuing the "evaluation".

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
What I learned in this post is that people that agree with the original poster get a and those that don't, a .

Let me save you a post and I'll give myself a for you since I disagree with almost everything you said. The only player that Gainey is probably trying to move is Sammy but his value is likely very low at this point. He's not dumping any of the other 3, especially if the Habs remain in their current position in the standings.
I agree. I don't know why there's such a fascination with trading Souray. If he got traded, all we'd hear about is how the Habs need a top D, a guy who can play the PP, PK and hit people and even fight them if necessary. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As for the others, maybe they'll get traded, but I doubt it. Kovalev gets a lot of heat, but he is a gamer, and he tries a lot harder than people give him credit for. If he gets traded, I see it happening only in the off-season. Ryder I really don't get. He's streaky, but he's been playing very well, going back to doing the little things that made him a complete-ish player when he broke in as a rookie.

I just think that the kind of trade we'll see won't be one that involves disrupting the core. Maybe Samsonov, but even that I doubt unless he or Carbonneau demands it.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
habitforming

lol . . . . well what can I say but this, many have put in their "2 cents" as everyone should. Say what you will, there have been many opinions.

So a little contraversy . . . . maybe ,but that's why it doesn't really matter if anyone agrees or not, fact is we'll see what happens and let the decisions rest where they should and really only where they count.

Old
12-08-2006, 12:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
lol . . . . well what can I say but this, many have put in their "2 cents" as everyone should. Say what you will, there have been many opinions.

So a little contraversy . . . . maybe ,but that's why it doesn't really matter if anyone agrees or not, fact is we'll see what happens and let the decisions rest where they should and really only where they count.
You're right...and threads on this board don't usually get to three pages unless there's some controversy involved

Old
12-08-2006, 12:41 AM
habitforming

Quote:
You're right...and threads on this board don't usually get to three pages unless there's some controversy involved

Ya . . . . Well it's late so something needed a little spicing up right! At least it's a place to be connected - no matter how far some of us are from the mecha place of hockey euphoria

Old
12-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Taylorzzz

"Expect the unexpected"!

GO HABS GO!

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:08 AM
baldrick

Quote:
hmmmmm . . . . if M. Ryder was half as consistent in scoring as he is being consistent in selfishly keeping the puck ALL THE TIME, he would have a nice number of assists to go along with his goals and we might have another 30 goal scorer or two . . . . make sense . . .
Firstly, Ryder is a finisher who is going through a major slump, he must be feeling kind of desperate to break out. Secondly, in several previous games he has tried to make pretty passes and they've backfired generating equal scorn from some posters. If others on this team are to be given time so should Ryder, lets be fair.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 10:56 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Firstly, Ryder is a finisher who is going through a major slump, he must be feeling kind of desperate to break out. Secondly, in several previous games he has tried to make pretty passes and they've backfired generating equal scorn from some posters. If others on this team are to be given time so should Ryder, lets be fair.
"firstly", "secondly" - what the hell are you a statesman. Who made you that your pompeous opinion should be godly . . . . acknowledge something for crap sake . . . if you're so much in his corner - start a an appreciation thread for Ryder.

Oh ya you probably don't have the cahonases to do so 'cause it wouldn't be pretty or to you liking . . . . don't you acknowledge to what I'm saying when you say "major slump!" - don't individuals who are in "major slumps" can possibly be . . . . . . in the trading catagory? Man alive . . . look at what you just said . . .

Old
12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Burnside_1

Quote:
trading dead line not that far off - however, I personnally believe that
unlike other years, trading across the league will be active much prior
to the deadline.

Hell if a Manager does their job, they are always looking to prop up their
team sooner rather than later and the sooner new faces are made available to teams, the longer the boys have to Gel together for as many regular season games possible in addition to racking up more points to go as far up the positional playoff chart as possible.

I can see the following being moved - and I have no idea what would be in
return

Ryder (I have to put a note here - I have never seen a more selfish puck
hogging guy on any habs team as much as this guy - unbelievable!)

Souray (I love this guy - however lets learn from our mistakes - and possibly
reap something huge in return for this very attractive commodity - but
please - send him out of this conference!)

Kovalev (Sorry Kovy - You can out stick handle anyone in a phone booth,
but it's been real ! Maybe you can find your smile back!)

Samsanov (. . . . . what can one say - Hey Bob - good try, but a guy like this
if he hasn't found his game by now with the new team, well cut it
loose and at least save the cap space - hell we didn't give up anyone)

BTW - I'm not ranting this 'cause they lost tonight - the Habs are doing a good job,
however, a lot of season left & I know we can be doing a better job. Bob is
assessing and something will be done - just because we don't have a loosing
record, does not mean we should sit back and let things play out. This is a
great position, one that we haven't been in for a while - especially with the
young guys on the team stepping it up, Higgins Perez., Lats, Pleks,
and lately even Streit - who doesn't look bad up front.

Noteworthy to the boys on the farm on giving it to Toronto tonight,
great blood down there frothing to just get up to the front!

Ciao people !

Those guys are indeed the most likely on our team to be traded, along with Aebisher.

Only six points separate the 12th place from the 6th in the east.

If the team wants to reach the playoffs they'll need all the help they can get. A slump of 5 games or so could happen to us at any time.

And other teams looking to add a player like Souray will be in the same situation. So they won't give us significant help that we will need to make the playoffs.

If we were in last place we'd surely deal the guy, but it's not the case so I doubt it will happen.

Maybe Aebisher could be dealt, much like Roloson was last year, and i doubt we'd get much more than the wild got for him.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:19 AM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnside_1 View Post
Those guys are indeed the most likely on our team to be traded, along with Aebisher.

Only six points separate the 12th place from the 6th in the east.

If the team wants to reach the playoffs they'll need all the help they can get. A slump of 5 games or so could happen to us at any time.

And other teams looking to add a player like Souray will be in the same situation. So they won't give us significant help that we will need to make the playoffs.

If we were in last place we'd surely deal the guy, but it's not the case so I doubt it will happen.

Maybe Aebisher could be dealt, much like Roloson was last year, and i doubt we'd get much more than the wild got for him.

Man where were you last night when I needed you . . . it's like I was at the front on the battlefield and when I was looking back for amunition, no one was there to support me.

Anyways, good to hear someone at least sees where I was coming from . . .

Cheers

Old
12-09-2006, 09:58 AM
baldrick

Quote:
"firstly", "secondly" - what the hell are you a statesman. Who made you that your pompeous opinion should be godly . . . . acknowledge something for crap sake . . . if you're so much in his corner - start a an appreciation thread for Ryder.

Oh ya you probably don't have the cahonases to do so 'cause it wouldn't be pretty or to you liking . . . . don't you acknowledge to what I'm saying when you say "major slump!" - don't individuals who are in "major slumps" can possibly be . . . . . . in the trading catagory? Man alive . . . look at what you just said . . .
I have expressed my opinion. It happens to differ from yours.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:

I agree that we're not going to be dumping players. My opinion is that if Montreal can make a run in the playoffs, and can show themselves to be a team that treats their players well and also has a solid core ready to make a move they stand to win a lot more than they will lose.
In the new NHL, players will probably look for teams that they want to play with first and money second. Because salary offers wont change much from one team to the other. The real difference will come from a player wanting to play somewhere in particular. And if we show that next year will be our year or that signing longterm with us has a good potential of getting a cup out of the deal then we'll attract a lot of good quality players. The fact that Shanahan showed serious interest of signing here is a good indicator that that's the way things are going. Shanahan never would have looked at us twice in the old NHL. We can probably easilly replace any piece we lose if we make a good playoff run this year.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:56 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
I have expressed my opinion. It happens to differ from yours.
. . . .fair enough !

Old
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Yay! time for Jeopardy!

Quote:

Ryder (I have to put a note here - I have never seen a more selfish puck
hogging guy on any habs team as much as this guy - unbelievable!)
Who is Sergei Berezin?

Quote:
Souray (I love this guy - however lets learn from our mistakes - and possibly
reap something huge in return for this very attractive commodity - but
please - send him out of this conference!)
Who is, other then A.Markov, the last Ds that should be sent out this year in order to make a Cup run; now that the HABS are 4th in the conference?

Quote:
Kovalev (Sorry Kovy - You can out stick handle anyone in a phone booth,
but it's been real ! Maybe you can find your smile back!)
Who is the Habs game breaker?

Quote:
Samsanov (. . . . . what can one say - Hey Bob - good try, but a guy like this
if he hasn't found his game by now with the new team, well cut it
loose and at least save the cap space - hell we didn't give up anyone)
Who likes to play hockey like dancing the ballet?

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:

I think you mean the Spanish word for testicles here ? Starting a thread doesn't require huge ones, though I'm sure Baldrick could do that if he chose to.

Ryder is doing what he's told, get the puck in the offensive zone and let fly. If you're an above average shooter and below average passer, you shoot. As he's told by the staff, keep shooting.
I find you're thinking contradictory, if Ryder isn't really that great a player, why trade, you'd have to theink he has low value ? If he is, then why trade him ?

Trading Ryder could be an option in truth because teams need goals, and Ryder's an up and down winger who's been productive in his 2 1/2 years. The thought on this board has been that his contribution can be replaced by a younger player. I don't like the idea unless it makes the team clearly better. I don't want a deal that fills one hoile while creating another.

Burnisde is right, not enough teams have faded yet to establish who the sellers are. Parity means less trading.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 07:55 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORiculous View Post
Yay! time for Jeopardy!

Who is Sergei Berezin?

Who is, other then A.Markov, the last Ds that should be sent out this year in order to make a Cup run; now that the HABS are 4th in the conference?

Who is the Habs game breaker?

Who likes to play hockey like dancing the ballet?

Wow . . . . . feel better!

Old
12-09-2006, 08:01 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think you mean the Spanish word for testicles here ? Starting a thread doesn't require huge ones, though I'm sure Baldrick could do that if he chose to.

Ryder is doing what he's told, get the puck in the offensive zone and let fly. If you're an above average shooter and below average passer, you shoot. As he's told by the staff, keep shooting.
I find you're thinking contradictory, if Ryder isn't really that great a player, why trade, you'd have to theink he has low value ? If he is, then why trade him ?

Trading Ryder could be an option in truth because teams need goals, and Ryder's an up and down winger who's been productive in his 2 1/2 years. The thought on this board has been that his contribution can be replaced by a younger player. I don't like the idea unless it makes the team clearly better. I don't want a deal that fills one hoile while creating another.

Burnisde is right, not enough teams have faded yet to establish who the sellers are. Parity means less trading.

You know the funny thing is how most have gone on the bandwagon here here criticizing what I put down is did I say anywere in the beginning about how ALL needed to go?

I don't believe I said that . . . I listed the individuals that imo would be up for a trade if there was one to be had and one that would have an impact on us to take another step upwards to address some of those concern areas.

I have said a lot less than most have put up for posts wanting to trade a specific player.

And what does it say when over 70 posts are accumulated in one post. It says there are opinions, OPINIONS out there, good, bad, ugly whatever. I can sure rip a few I have seen but choose not to even get involved as it's not worth it.

So read on I guess . . .