HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have you seen the Sharks away from home?

Old
09-27-2013, 04:32 PM
flyinglizard045

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to flyinglizard045
I've seen them in LA, ANA, PHX and most recently DET. Going to DET again next month. Found glass seats for both games, they're cheaper than I thought they would be.

My dream would be to go see them play in MTL and TOR. Since I'm stationed in VA at the moment, I'm taking advantage this coming season and going to games in Philly, DC, NJ and NY(both NYI and NYR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisdoctor View Post
1 - Did you wear your Sharks jersey (or other gear) to these away games?

and if so:

2 - Did you get any extremely rude (or violent) confrontations with opposing fans?
I've always worn my Sharks jersey to away games, never been afraid to show my colors.

Worst experience to date was in LA. People talking crap all the time every time I go. I've even had like 6 yr olds give me death stares.

I have to say this though, Detroit was my best road experience to date. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Or maybe it was only because I was with my gf who's a Wings fan(I know, I know. I'm working on it haha)

Last edited by WTFetus: 09-28-2013 at 08:14 PM.
flyinglizard045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 07:45 PM
jaklinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky0slevin View Post
I saw them in montreal and ottawa, great places but fans in mtl are something
I've seen them in Chicago, Anaheim, & Phoenix, & I'm going to see them in Boston and Montreal at the end of October.

Tell me about the MTL fans--I know it's going to be a whole different world, but want to know what I'm in for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisdoctor View Post
1 - Did you wear your Sharks jersey (or other gear) to these away games?

and if so:

2 - Did you get any extremely rude (or violent) confrontations with opposing fans?
Wore my black jersey to CHI, ANA, & PHX. No one was rude or evil at all. Hoping the new away white I just ordered is ready in time for BOS & MTL.

Last edited by WTFetus: 09-28-2013 at 08:14 PM.
jaklinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Rude

Just picked up tickets for the Stars game on October 17th. This will be my first Sharks game anywhere other than The Tank back home!

Now that I live here though, I suppose I'd better be on my best behavior. Time to fish out my jersey and find a decent white Sharks hat online somewhere!

-Rude

Rude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 03:28 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

Along with the final regular season game against PHX, I had contemplated making it up to Colorado but both games are at high noon right after I finish my work week very early those mornings and there is no way I could make a flight out there in time.

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 05:06 AM
SharksFan1

Any news on the bus trip? I live in OC, but it was awesome last time I bought tickets though SonomaShark and sat with a section of Sharks fans at a Duck/Sharks game at the Duck pond.

If i was still living in SJ i would be down for the trip, but now that I live in OC... come visit me and the Sharks and lets destroy some Ducks at the deck pond!

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Leidi J

Bought my tickets last night to the game in Detroit in two weeks. So excited!

Looking at going in Chicago Nov 17, but damn those blackhawk tix are crazy expensive.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 06:49 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

When I contemplated going to one of the aways to Colorado, I had no idea that they might turn out to be possibly some very good games. I usually enjoy matinee games on the weekends but it is tough if you would want to fly in and out of a city.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:06 PM
nerdybeard

Anyone else going to the NYE ducks/sharks game in Anaheim? I'll be there rockin' teal! Tickets were dirt cheap... 8th row in the corner where the away team shoots twice. Face value was like $60 -_0

nerdybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 01:20 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeard View Post
Anyone else going to the NYE ducks/sharks game in Anaheim? I'll be there rockin' teal! Tickets were dirt cheap... 8th row in the corner where the away team shoots twice. Face value was like $60 -_0
I'm still looking for tickets but on stubhub I get the sense that it might just be too early. There are some good prices though, but I'm not entirely sure how much I want to pay. Maybe below 30 or something like that for each ticket.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Leidi J

Wooooo look what came in the mail yesterday

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 01:34 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 270
Just bought two tickets for Sharks/Ducks New Years Eve. Now if only I can get into California Adventure for free so I can see New Years Eve World of Color, that would be an amazing Evening. Considering that California Adventure thing will not happen, I'm happy with the Tickets.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 01:37 PM
wraith985

I try to make it out every time they play in New York. Seen em at MSG, Nassau, and Prudential Center. Wore my Sharks gear every time, only time I got any guff was at Nassau when I also brought my 4'x6' Sharks flag, and even then it was only minor ribbing. Good bunch of folks in NY/NJ.

wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 09:55 PM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

I know I will eventually see the Sharks in every arena. I do look at that Alberta twosome quite often such as the trip in March.

This leads to a question. If one flies into one city and then flies out of the other city, I assume the only way in between both cities is by renting a car. Would this be true and if so, how long of a trip between Edmonton and Calgary?

Old
10-15-2013, 10:22 PM
SFtoBoston
Left Heart In SF

I see them every time they come to Boston to play the Bruins, where they have not lost in 8 years. I dress up in paint and a ridiculous sharks hat, and my wife, a Bruins fan, dresses up too. I'll be there again on Oct. 24, rooting my butt off!

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Obsessed Sharks Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obsessed Sharks Fan
aside from the bus trip I just saw the sharks in Vancouver last week! canuck fans couldn't have been waiting nicer. you could hear a pin drop in the damn place though. tank is louder during a period break.

Obsessed Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Requin
Lurkedylurk

Going to Sharks vs. Hurricanes on Dec. 6th - anyone else in/around that area? Should be fun, although 'Canes games are a bit quiet and poorly attended (unless they are playing Caps).

This'll be my 3rd away rink. I'm seen them in Long Island (surprisingly great atmosphere, plus 2nd rows seats for ~$100) and twice in Boston (Dan Boyle laughed at us doing the chomp, it was awesome). Isles fan and Bruins fans were both lots of fun. They were the right amount of antagonistic without making me feel threatened or unwelcome.

Requin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 02:29 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtoBoston View Post
I see them every time they come to Boston to play the Bruins, where they have not lost in 8 years. I dress up in paint and a ridiculous sharks hat, and my wife, a Bruins fan, dresses up too. I'll be there again on Oct. 24, rooting my butt off!
SFtoBoston my gf and I are going to the Bruins game in Boston this year. How to do the Bruins fans treat you and have you ever had any problems with them? I'm not worried, just want to know if I should expect some hassling, verbal or otherwise, that could effect my enjoyment of the game. I've only been to one other game at TD Garden before and it was just an Islanders game.

Quote:
Bruins fans were both lots of fun. They were the right amount of antagonistic without making me feel threatened or unwelcome.
This is helpful, thanks! Yeah the Bruins fans seemed pretty cool when I was at the Isles game, loud and lots of energy, good vibe.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 09:31 AM
SFtoBoston
Left Heart In SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
SFtoBoston my gf and I are going to the Bruins game in Boston this year. How to do the Bruins fans treat you and have you ever had any problems with them? I'm not worried, just want to know if I should expect some hassling, verbal or otherwise, that could effect my enjoyment of the game. I've only been to one other game at TD Garden before and it was just an Islanders game.

This is helpful, thanks! Yeah the Bruins fans seemed pretty cool when I was at the Isles game, loud and lots of energy, good vibe.
Yeah, the Bruins fans will definitely give you a few boos and maybe some ribbing, but generally they are pretty cool, unless you are a Montreal Habs fan, then they really let you have it.

They tend to give me a few more jeers than usual because of my over the top Sharks outfit, but when they see my wife is a Bruins fan too they usually have a good laugh and a lot of folks like to take pictures with us. My wife always brings this sign that says "Bears Eat Fish" which I find hilarious. Last time we were there, the Bruins mascot came down to our seats and took the sign from her and started getting the crowd riled up with it. Then he took a picture with me =)

Boston is a fun place for a Sharks fan. You will see quite a few other Sharks fans there because there are a lot of Bay Area transplants out here.

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 05:19 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith985 View Post
I try to make it out every time they play in New York. Seen em at MSG, Nassau, and Prudential Center. Wore my Sharks gear every time, only time I got any guff was at Nassau when I also brought my 4'x6' Sharks flag, and even then it was only minor ribbing. Good bunch of folks in NY/NJ.
How hard was it to get out to Nassau as I heard it wasn't too convenient at least by public transportation?

Old
10-20-2013, 07:23 PM
wraith985

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean View Post
How hard was it to get out to Nassau as I heard it wasn't too convenient at least by public transportation?
It's a bit of a trek. From Manhattan you have to take the LIRR to Hempstead and then either take a bus or a cab to get to the Coliseum. It's not difficult, really, but definitely not convenient. I would never go alone, but if you're with some friends it's not really that bad either. Still, can't wait until they move to Barclay's so I can take the 4/5 straight down.

wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 07:33 PM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

I definitely don't do things the easy way. I am contemplating the following trip this season. Fly to Calgary March 23, see them at Calgary March 24, go to Edmonton March 25 to see them that evening, fly to San Jose March 26 to see them at home March 27 vs Winnipeg, fly to Denver March 28 to see them in a matinee game March 29th before coming home March 30. Figuring the logistics at the moment.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Next sunday can't come fast enough. Get to see the sharks live for just the 2nd time. Atleast this years game i won't be feeling like i am walking into room filled with live grenades (heatleys ottawa home coming).

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Obsessed Sharks Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obsessed Sharks Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
I've had the tremendous blessing of getting to see the Sharks in 26 (now 25 because of Atlanta) of the 29 other cities in the NHL. Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto are the cities I haven't seen the Sharks in, and the Consol Energy Center is the only other current building I haven't been to.
and I had the pleasure of sitting next to you for a season in 213. ..miss those seats! still can't believe you made it to all 82! and had the energy to blog the whole time!

Obsessed Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:25 AM
CanadienShark

Seeing the Sharks in Ottawa on Sunday. So excited! I'll be rocking my Sharks hat (no jersey, too broke) and should be fairly drunk.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean View Post
I definitely don't do things the easy way. I am contemplating the following trip this season. Fly to Calgary March 23, see them at Calgary March 24, go to Edmonton March 25 to see them that evening, fly to San Jose March 26 to see them at home March 27 vs Winnipeg, fly to Denver March 28 to see them in a matinee game March 29th before coming home March 30. Figuring the logistics at the moment.
You must have some cash to burn!

The drive between EDM>CGY is about 3 hours door to door. The highway is fine, and it won't be very cold (approx. -15*C...relatively speaking) at the end of March, so that's by far the easiest way to travel between those cities.

I'm not sure what the flight schedule is like, but you're probably going to get routed through Denver on the way back to SJ. You could always delay a day or two, stay in Denver and skip the home Winnipeg game (what am I saying?!)...

Me? I'm planning on going to the EDM game 11/15 due to the proximity to the weekend and the easy 5 hour drive. If only one of EDM/CGY/WPG would make the playoffs and draw a match-up with our boys, my life would be so much better! 2008 was so long ago...

RammsteinGT is offline   Reply With Quote