HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2013, 11:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when I hear this garbage about Lundqvist I ask one question...

Who would you rather have in net the last 8 years?

Answer that question and I'm sure anyone that is chosen won't have as many Vezina noms as Henrik does, and I think a major award voted by several hockey people outweighs any argument you could make discounting Lundqvists game. I guess all of those people bought into the hype too, because they all watch every game on MSG.

Sure he isn't perfect. Would like to know who is though.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 10-20-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old
10-20-2013, 11:42 AM
broadwayblue

I do think the contract issue is effecting him.

Old
10-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
The contract stuff is just an excuse in either direction for every player in this spot. If the guys playing poorly you just say the contracts distracting him. If the guys playing well you just say he's stepping it up because its a contract year and he wants that one big payday. It's irrelevant.
I'm only quoting this post because River Tam is your avatar.

You're a good person.

Old
10-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Guys you believe the hype and that's fine.. He has done nothing in the playoffs , yes he won in the Ottawa series ok. Three yrs ago he lost the shoot out vs the flyers to make the playoffs oh I made that up.. He was awful vs the devils in 11 oh I made that up. He goes through 10-12 games stretches of being terrible every yr but I made that up.. Please stop bashing and give me facts, carried the team yes he is good but the team is awful with him or without him, face the facts
I understand this is your opinion but why do you act like everyone is crazy for thinking he's a top 3 goalie in the league? That's their (and mine) opinion.

You want facts? Check his stats since he's started playing. Check the record he broke for most consecutive 30 win seasons since he started on this team. Check his vezina trophy. Check out some games he's played the past 8 years. I will respect your opinion but at least admit that you can understand why you are in the minority here.

Old
10-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Seven Years

Quote:
Guys you believe the hype and that's fine.. He has done nothing in the playoffs , yes he won in the Ottawa series ok. Three yrs ago he lost the shoot out vs the flyers to make the playoffs oh I made that up.. He was awful vs the devils in 11 oh I made that up. He goes through 10-12 games stretches of being terrible every yr but I made that up.. Please stop bashing and give me facts, carried the team yes he is good but the team is awful with him or without him, face the facts
So... Which is it? Is he bad or not? Stop pacing in circles, you're making yourself look foolish.

Want to have the opinion Henrik is bad? Fine. Don't force that unpopular opinion down everyone's throats.

Old
10-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Years View Post
So... Which is it? Is he bad or not? Stop pacing in circles, you're making yourself look foolish.

Want to have the opinion Henrik is bad? Fine. Don't force that unpopular opinion down everyone's throats.
No stop forcing the fact you think he God down mine, Crawford won a cup us he a God?

Old
10-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
So where would you rank Hank in regards to the rest of the league?

I have him at #1.

Does he make your top 10? With the way you talk about him theres no way he can

Old
10-20-2013, 12:50 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm only quoting this post because River Tam is your avatar.

You're a good person.
No power in the verse can stop me.

Last edited by SA16: 10-20-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old
10-20-2013, 12:59 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
No stop forcing the fact you think he God down mine, Crawford won a cup us he a God?
I think the disconnect is you seem to be placing an extra amount of blame on one player when that blame should be on the awful team in front of him. I have no interest in criticizing him for the teams garbage play. For instance that shootout game was one of the best games he could have possibly played and the team was getting run off the ice all game. This happened in pretty much every PO series we played

Old
10-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
I think the disconnect is you seem to be placing an extra amount of blame on one player when that blame should be on the awful team in front of him. I have no interest in criticizing him for the teams garbage play. For instance that shootout game was one of the best games he could have possibly played and the team was getting run off the ice all game. This happened in pretty much every PO series we played
The team has been bad and Hank has been bad. You can't criticize the team without criticizing him. He's not making the saves he should be.

Old
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I do think the contract issue is effecting him.
Then he should kindly get the **** over it very quickly.

Old
10-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
No power in the verse can stop me.
Brb have to watch all of Firefly.

Hank's just not playing confident. Idk...

Old
10-20-2013, 01:45 PM
stan the caddy

The same thing happens every season when the skaters play like crap. People say that Hank is prone to having bad "stretches". Those stretches are just when the team in front of him plays poorly.

Guys like Brodeur and Roy played on stacked teams. They were just a piece of the puzzle. Hank is one of the best in the league but he's not Superman, no one is.

Old
10-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Pastafazul*

this is what is wrong with hank....

king of what?

page six

overrated

Old
10-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Consistently being amongst the top goaltenders in the NHL for almost a decade is a far superior accomplishment than winning a cup once -- especially when looking at individual accomplishments.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:16 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
For the record I have corrected you at least 50 times . Hank and I have done business and he made a huge amount of money. He never refused to work for me . You have a obsession to discredit me because you can't deal with the fact he isn't playing well. Have a great day and maybe save this post so you can stop getting facts wrong
Unless you own a hockey team, Hank would NOT work for you.

Your other post about Hank combined with this tells me all that i need to know about your motives when you post about Hank.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
The same thing happens every season when the skaters play like crap. People say that Hank is prone to having bad "stretches". Those stretches are just when the team in front of him plays poorly.

Guys like Brodeur and Roy played on stacked teams. They were just a piece of the puzzle. Hank is one of the best in the league but he's not Superman, no one is.
Yeah, but this isn't just the team. Hank has been terrible so far this year. How can anyone possibly claim that Hank hasn't been a huge part of the problem?

Your second sentence is why I am fine with trading Hank. Teams don't need superstar goalies to win. They need stacked teams. If you have the superstar goalie WITH the stacked team than it's just gravy.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Consistently being amongst the top goaltenders in the NHL for almost a decade is a far superior accomplishment than winning a cup once -- especially when looking at individual accomplishments.
I'll trade all of Hank's accomplishments for a single Cup. Gladly.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'll trade all of Hank's accomplishments for a single Cup. Gladly.
So would I.

Thats not the point. The point is, if this team is going to win a cup anytime soon, it'll largely be because of Henrik Lundqvist.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Yeah, but this isn't just the team. Hank has been terrible so far this year. How can anyone possibly claim that Hank hasn't been a huge part of the problem?

Your second sentence is why I am fine with trading Hank. Teams don't need superstar goalies to win. They need stacked teams. If you have the superstar goalie WITH the stacked team than it's just gravy.
He has been terrible. I also think hes the safest bet to not be terrible going forward, as his illustrious track record suggests.

I also find it tough to blame a goalie for games where the team gets shut out, or simply doesnt show up -- or, like in last night's game, both.

Old
10-20-2013, 06:02 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Ugh, my goodness. Things like this remind me why I hate this board, and wish I could never come back.

I guess I'm just a masochist though, because I can't stay away...but you'd think I should know what to expect by now.
I feel the same way .... i have to bite my tongue often to try and not to get dragged into some of the insanity around here....and it gets worse and worse every year ......aww well

Old
10-20-2013, 06:05 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

mistake ....sorry

Old
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:

It's really not on him. When you're losing games by 4-7 goals you don't ***** about your goalie.

His struggles have been magnified because the team in front of him has no idea what they're doing.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Beezer won one is he great ? Then give him his due
When did I ever say Beezer wasn't a good goalie? Fact of the matter is that Lundqvist has been better. He's stellar more often than not, but as soon as he stumbles, you come in here and start with this "I told you so" stuff. It's opportunistic bashing and nothing more. You're better than that.

You'd be a fool to say he's been anything but lousy this season, but to imply that this is somehow the "real" Lundqvist after he's carried this team on his back for so long is just flat out crazy.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
It's really not on him. When you're losing games by 4-7 goals you don't ***** about your goalie.

His struggles have been magnified because the team in front of him has no idea what they're doing.
You're kidding, right? He's been just as bad as if not worse than anyone in front of him. Dude couldn't even stop a weak ass slapshot from Henrique unscreened from the circle.

Hank has been bad. End of story.

Closed Thread