HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stupid Threads

Old
12-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Kostitsyn404*

vCash: 500
Stupid Threads

I think that from now on when a "Trade Kovalev" or "Kovalev is doing ****" thread comes up, Admins should automatically close thread. It's over done now and frankly trading kovalev is one of the dumbest things our team could possibly do next to trading Koivu/Higgins/Komisarek/Markov. You would have to be stupid. We don't have the offensive depth right now to trade away our secret weapon. Come on he's the only guy on the team other then Koivu who actually plays at a superstar level. He may not play the greatest in every game, even every season.

Guess what. Everybody has a bad game. Almost everybody has a bad season. Does that mean you should trade him? no because he has 20pts and that's bad for him, but still by far one of the highest points on our team.

Enough of these Stupid Trade Kovalev threads. Please people. I'm getting sick of it really quickly. He's like one of our best players. When he's playing like a superstar in the playoffs the same "Trade Kovalev" lamers are going to be like "OH KOVALEV, he's a god!"

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:49 AM
znk

I'm never closed to thinking of the possibility to move a player. It always depends on what you get in return or what other opportunities (trades, calling up players, signing UFAs) trading that player gives you.

I only find it stupid when it's announced in the way..."Kovalev + 2nd round pick for Malkin. What do you guys think?"

So in other words...if the end result is possibly making this team better...I dont think it's stupid.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
I think that from now on when a "Trade Kovalev" or "Kovalev is doing ****" thread comes up, Admins should automatically close thread. It's over done now and frankly trading kovalev is one of the dumbest things our team could possibly do next to trading Koivu/Higgins/Komisarek/Markov. You would have to be stupid. We don't have the offensive depth right now to trade away our secret weapon. Come on he's the only guy on the team other then Koivu who actually plays at a superstar level. He may not play the greatest in every game, even every season.

Guess what. Everybody has a bad game. Almost everybody has a bad season. Does that mean you should trade him? no because he has 20pts and that's bad for him, but still by far one of the highest points on our team.

Enough of these Stupid Trade Kovalev threads. Please people. I'm getting sick of it really quickly. He's like one of our best players. When he's playing like a superstar in the playoffs the same "Trade Kovalev" lamers are going to be like "OH KOVALEV, he's a god!"

Screw free speech

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
BORAT

Some Gaspacho just opened a Xbox - 360 thread ...

on the HABS board !

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDHab View Post
Screw free speech
Not even that but come on. It's like saying "Trade Koivu" when he's had a few bad games. Come on kovalev has 20pts trading him would ruin our team. He's essential. We wouldn't get anything for him unless it was some sort of package meaning we'd have to trade more people. Meaning it's a stupid comment. We're 2nd in the conference why is it everytime somebody has a bad game it's like "TRADE THEM". Come on.

We didn't get 2nd for nothing, we're not a high scoring team. Therefore since we have a lot of young talented players out there, it's only natural people will have slumps of a few games. We aren't exactly a high scoring team. If we put in 5-6 goals a game and Kovalev was doing nothing, then fine. But that is definitely not the case.

Old
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Tusk

Just ignore those threads, there are a lot of good ones to read. This is how it works on a message boards, and even in the real world, everybody has the right to say what they think, sometimes you wont like it. You know what you find stupid, so stick to the ones you like.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Not even that but come on. It's like saying "Trade Koivu" when he's had a few bad games. Come on kovalev has 20pts trading him would ruin our team. He's essential. We wouldn't get anything for him unless it was some sort of package meaning we'd have to trade more people. Meaning it's a stupid comment. We're 2nd in the conference why is it everytime somebody has a bad game it's like "TRADE THEM". Come on.

We didn't get 2nd for nothing, we're not a high scoring team. Therefore since we have a lot of young talented players out there, it's only natural people will have slumps of a few games. We aren't exactly a high scoring team. If we put in 5-6 goals a game and Kovalev was doing nothing, then fine. But that is definitely not the case.
Your original point was to close threads that YOU feel donít add anything to this message board. I couldnít disagree with you more. There will be good threads and bad ones. Let people post what they want. The rest of us will either rip them or agreeÖisnít that the point of a message board?

Old
12-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDHab View Post
Your original point was to close threads that YOU feel donít add anything to this message board. I couldnít disagree with you more. There will be good threads and bad ones. Let people post what they want. The rest of us will either rip them or agreeÖisnít that the point of a message board?
Yeah. I guess you are right about that. Just find it so dumb when ppl want Kovalev traded.

Old
12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Yeah. I guess you are right about that. Just find it so dumb when ppl want Kovalev traded.
I'm all for any deal that will make the team better. If BG can move him and his $'s for something good in return, then go for it. BG knows what he is doing.

Really looking forward to the game Sat vs. Buffalo. Lets see the same effort the team showed against the NYI.

Old
12-08-2006, 12:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't mind a trade Kovalev thread if there's some thought behind it and a logical proposal involved...but if it's just whining and repeating things we've known about Kovalev for his entire career adding nothing new to the discussion, then I'm in favor of a lock.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Evil Ted

there is way too many rookie users who create useless threads.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Some Gaspacho just opened a Xbox - 360 thread ...

on the HABS board !
Classic

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
bentheprop

Okay I mostly just lurk here but one of the problems I've noticed is multiple threads with the same theme. Really, if he screws up and you want to post the Kovy should be traded don't start a new thread just bump up the one from a couple of days earlier. If an old thread gets bumped to the top people will still look at it to see what has been added. You don't always need a new thread for every thought that you have.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote