HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My first proposal!

Old
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
TomPlex

vCash: 500
My first proposal!

Here it goes... (I'm wearing a fire blanket, so you can't hurt me with your flames )

Ek has once again mentioned the Naslund trade. While it makes no sense because we're looking for a center, do you guys think it's possible that Gainey has had enough with Kovalev, and is trying to trade him for Naslund?

To Vancouver

Souray, Kovalev, and either Kosty or Grabo

To Montreal

Naslund and Morrison

I would do that. I'd absolutely love to have Naslund on the team, and although Morrison isn't an amazing center, he's a lot better than Plekanec at this point. We would truly miss Souray's PP points and leadership, but honestly, I don't believe that we're keeping him anyway. I've had enough with Kovo's lack of team-commitment. He's so lazy out there. That line has so much skill on it, there's no excuse for it not to be scoring.

The Nucks would take it for sure because they gain Kovalev, who on the top line with the Sedins, would put up a lot of points and they get Souray who is a PP master. Their defence is running thin as it is, so they'll jump all over it.
Plus, if they take Grabo, they could potentially put him right in the mix as their 2nd line center.

Tell me what you think!

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Vancouver already have enough trouble scoring up front, so getting rid of two of their best and adding one streaky scorer in Kovalev probably wouldn't make much sense on their part...for this trade to be feasible I think you'd have to upgrade MTL's third player to at least Perezhogin, if not Ryder...especially since Souray is UFA at the end of the season.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:25 AM
TomPlex

Well you can hardly say that Morrison has been a key guy up front with 12 points this year. Ever since he lost Big Bert, he hasn't been the same. My opinion is that Kovo is streaky BECAUSE he's in Montreal and BECAUSE he's on the second line. Hell, put him on the first line here with Sammy and Koivu and we'll have a scoring line.

Besides, I'm only talking about this because it's been rumored. I don't see WHY the Nucks would want to trade Nazzy, but if they're looking to, then by all means...

And for the record I have no problem changing Kosty or Grabo with Ryder. Just leaves more room for Perezhogin up front

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Guy Caballero

I don't want Morrison. He'd become the lightning rod of Hab fans' fury in no time.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Estimated_Prophet

This is a gross overpayment on Montreal's part. Kovalev and Nalund are a wash as Naslund's contract is the equalizer, that being said, I would still rather have Kovalev at playoff time.

Souray has far more value than Morrison which makes this trade lopsided before throwing in Kostitsyn or Grabovski.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Here it goes... (I'm wearing a fire blanket, so you can't hurt me with your flames )

Ek has once again mentioned the Naslund trade. While it makes no sense because we're looking for a center, do you guys think it's possible that Gainey has had enough with Kovalev, and is trying to trade him for Naslund?

To Vancouver

To Montreal

Naslund and Morrison

I would do that. I'd absolutely love to have Naslund on the team, and although Morrison isn't an amazing center, he's a lot better than Plekanec at this point. We would truly miss Souray's PP points and leadership, but honestly, I don't believe that we're keeping him anyway. I've had enough with Kovo's lack of team-commitment. He's so lazy out there. That line has so much skill on it, there's no excuse for it not to be scoring.

The Nucks would take it for sure because they gain Kovalev, who on the top line with the Sedins, would put up a lot of points and they get Souray who is a PP master. Their defence is running thin as it is, so they'll jump all over it.
Plus, if they take Grabo, they could potentially put him right in the mix as their 2nd line center.

Tell me what you think!
Morrison is damaged goods... thats a hefty 3.2 salary for damaged goods. He's a shadow of what he used to be. Its too bad.

The canucks lack depth at every position. This is why a significant trade with vancouver is next to impossible unless the canucks decide to go into complete rebuilding mode and trade nazzy for future picks and or ble chip prospects. (BTW, Naslund has never been accused as a playoff performer)

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Well you can hardly say that Morrison has been a key guy up front with 12 points this year. Ever since he lost Big Bert, he hasn't been the same. My opinion is that Kovo is streaky BECAUSE he's in Montreal and BECAUSE he's on the second line. Hell, put him on the first line here with Sammy and Koivu and we'll have a scoring line.

Besides, I'm only talking about this because it's been rumored. I don't see WHY the Nucks would want to trade Nazzy, but if they're looking to, then by all means...

And for the record I have no problem changing Kosty or Grabo with Ryder. Just leaves more room for Perezhogin up front

No, it not that. Morrison has had some injury problems especially his hip but he just cant seem to get it back in form and thats been the case since the post lockout. It seems more and more that it could be a chronic thing and not a temporary thing

No deal.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:23 AM
Souray44

I really don't like that trade from a Habs point of view to be honest with you.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 06:33 AM
GoodKiwi

No way Morrison could be worse than Samsonov and everyone is giving that bum a chance.
Pull the trigger I say.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'd still prefer Niinimaa for Chouinard.

We can't afford guys like Naslund and Morrison, and we can't afford to lose Souray.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
SpreeEndaz

Bringing Morrison to Montreal is like throwing a rabbit in a lion's cage.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:32 AM
fogg*

I'm glad you like the trade, but I don't think there's any chance that Vancouver does.

As has been already pointed out, the canucks need more scoring, not less. They also have no need for more defensemen, especially Souray when they have someone who is equivilant or better in Salo. If Montreal is so desperate to trade Souray (he seems to be in every Habs proposal) at least suggest moving him to a team that needs defense.

I doubt this proposal would even get you Naslund if the Canucks were willing to move him. Not a chance it gets you him and Morisson (despite what you've written about him).

And to the guy that wrote that this would be a gross overpayment from Montreal's part. Wow, just wow. I thought most posters on HFBoards over-rate their own players, but that comment is just mind-blowing.

fogg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Once we realize that Higgins is better suited for the wing than at center, and we would still see that Pleks can't do the job offensively, I believe Morrisson for Samsonov looks and sounds good for both teams.

Again, not the greatest #2 center on the planet, but again when people realize that those great centers are not to be traded, you sometime have to settle for a little less.....but it still will be more than what we have now. And having Pleks centering the 4th will make our team better.

Vancouver thinks that at one point Kesler will wake up and be the 2nd line centerman they want. We need help at center, they need help on the wing, mostly since TOP 6 BULIS can't do the job.....

The trade is money for money (or close) need for need, contract length for contract length, Morrisson needs some fresh air, Samsonov well won't like it.

But what looks better, Sammy-Pleks-Kovy or Higgins-Morrisson-Kovy......

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The trade is money for money (or close) need for need, contract length for contract length, Morrisson needs some fresh air, Samsonov well won't like it.

But what looks better, Sammy-Pleks-Kovy or Higgins-Morrisson-Kovy......
It's just shuffling deck chairs, IMO... Samsonov for Morrison doesn't really truly solve anything. It gives one more option to try in the overblown hunt for this mythical 2nd line centre, but it's not an ideal-looking option, and the likelihood is we just finish the day seeing that instead we're stuck with Morrison's contract and no place that he fits in the lineup either. We saw some internal switches clicking a bit last night, and we'll get a chance to see more when Higgins comes back. Shuffling in the Morrison chair might not hurt us, but the problem is it doesn't *help* us either, and I suppose I might still like to hold out some vague hope that we can ultimately move (or use) Sammy in a way that does help us.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Habruti!

If I had to do a trade and I am not sure if that would be feasible or not I would try the following:

Souray, Plekanek for Stoll in edm. That would fill our void at center if edm is willing to part with Stoll something I doubt very much.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It's just shuffling deck chairs, IMO... Samsonov for Morrison doesn't really truly solve anything. It gives one more option to try in the overblown hunt for this mythical 2nd line centre, but it's not an ideal-looking option, and the likelihood is we just finish the day seeing that instead we're stuck with Morrison's contract and no place that he fits in the lineup either. We saw some internal switches clicking a bit last night, and we'll get a chance to see more when Higgins comes back. Shuffling in the Morrison chair might not hurt us, but the problem is it doesn't *help* us either, and I suppose I might still like to hold out some vague hope that we can ultimately move (or use) Sammy in a way that does help us.
Well I agree it's a guessing game as we would think, like Gainey thought with Samsonov, that Morrisson could take this opportunity to show that he's a better player than he showed lately.

And for everyone who said that Morrisson was just a product of Naslund and Bertuzzi, well we might just have the perfect combination in Montreal for him to still be a product of (Kovy and Lats.....)

Don't get me wrong, it's definately not an ideal move ( I don't really like Morrisson that much) but who really would want to get rid of their #2 centre for any of our available players? Obviously Robert Lang came to my mind, but Detroit is not a out of playoffs team, why would they do this? He's 2nd for points until now. Unless we come with something great, I know. But who would be their #2 center? Draper? Williams? Not a great spot for him. Everybody needs to keep their centers where they are, the only team desperately in need for moves up front or they'll definately miss the playoffs are the 'Nucks.

So if you don't want Morrisson, go for Kesler then but being younger, and full of promises and way cheaper, there's no way they'll let him go.

I was just trying to find a deal that has a relative reason of being possible for both team, I didn't want to go in a Naslund-Bourdon for Murray-Niinimaa type of deal....

The thing is that all of our hopes are directed towards Higgins. I still don't believe too many people think Pleks can do it, but what if Higgs can't do it either, or is way better suited on the wings? What then?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Habitants

no

i dont want morrisonn, and we cant trade souray without replacing him naslun d would be nice, but i dont like this proposal

we could trade for naslund then trade for forsberg after and we would be solid

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
ari1160

noooo morrison is like another rib's kinda, lots of turn over pucks... and i wud like to see naslund in habs but i dont wana give away souray..

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:

To Vancouver

To Montreal

Naslund and Morrison

Tell me what you think!
Sorry to burst your first ever proposal bubble, but, Naslund has a NTC and will never wave it to come to this circus...

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote