HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryzgalov in talks with Rangers (Post #133: Sather says it's not happening)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2013, 10:07 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Is it just me, or is it clear now that Biron was probably hinting towards retirement in the offseason? My guess is that he wanted out but the team convinced him to give it one more shot. Hedberg was brought in to camp see if he could be an adequate Biron replacement, didn't show enough, and Biron reluctantly agreed to stick around. A couple of early shellings made him change his mind real quick.

This team definitely does NOT have confidence in Cam Talbot. If they did, Biron would have been gone in the off-season and Hedberg wouldn't have been in the conversation at all.
If the team convinced Biron to give it a go, why would he need a few days to "consider his options" before retiring? Why wouldn't he just retire outright when the Rangers told him they were ready to move on? Why would AV confirm that there was a competition between Hedberg and Biron for the backup spot? I suppose it could be some "coverup," but why? That doesn't add up.

As to your last point--could it not also be said that Hedberg was not offered a contract and that the team was comfortable waiving Biron because they WERE comfortable with Talbot? I just find it incredibly hard to believe that the team feared Biron's impending retirement and made no real effort to address the backup spot unless they had confidence in someone already under contract. The fact that there are a few experienced guys on the market and we haven't moved on any of them seems to speak to this point as well.

It's just pain.
Old
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If the team convinced Biron to give it a go, why would he need a few days to "consider his options" before retiring? Why wouldn't he just retire outright when the Rangers told him they were ready to move on? .
Because Biron could do Drury to them. Redden story was bad for organization's image. Anyone would need time to part with ONE MILLION or more. Anyone. It is a lot of money to leave just because some think you no longer wanted.
I am certain there was a deal made with Biron. Like a color job on MSG Buffalo or radio. This way Matry will be seeing kids and be ready to start new life without dramatic change. Trust needs a time.

Last edited by 94now: 10-22-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old
11-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't care that he's weird. I like weird. I just happen to believe Talbot is ready to succeed and think the money could be better spent elsewhere.
Good call.

Old
11-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Eatin some early crow on Talbot.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Mr Atoz*

Think it's about time to close this one up?

Closed Thread