HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

lines (merged)

Old
12-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Wow, seems like Streit has become a full time forward!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:35 AM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I can't believe some people still think Datsyuk is not good enough to play in Montreal. He's always the guy that has a lot of highlight goals, that can split the D, one of the "skilliest"[?] player on the league but he not good enough for the Habs. I dont give a sht if he hasnt score in the playoff for 35 games, that wont last forever. Id be happy to see him on the first or second line with the Habs
i agree i would love to see datsyuk.. i think him and kovalev would shine..they have the expierence of playing with each other in russia... but then again ... thats all we really see from datsyuk.. is the highlight type goals... maybe he would piss us all off like kovy and sammy do at times haha

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Latendresse - Koivu - Kovalev: Playmaker with big players on the side...lots of scoring
Samsonov - Higgins - Ryder: Higgins at centre? Worth the try. A little bit of everything
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson: You know what you get
Begin - Plekanec - Streit: Plakenec would make that line going

I need to call Carbonneau!!!
Those would also be my lines.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:54 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Wow, seems like Streit has become a full time forward!
Seems like it for now! (how long though? he does look good out there...I actually prefer him as a forward more than a Dman!!).

If there's a trade (Niinimaa or Streit? or one of our forwards? Murray traded or waivers? Downey waivers?)... then maybe Lapierre (or Kosts?) will be there on the 4th, and Streit will go back to #7 or #8 Dman?...we have to admit that Niinimaa has played really well (looked very hungry) in his most recent 2 games (not rusty at all)...

Lats-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Pleks-Lapierre/Kosts

#7-8 Dmen: Niinimaa & Streit

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I can't believe some people still think Datsyuk is not good enough to play in Montreal. He's always the guy that has a lot of highlight goals, that can split the D, one of the "skilliest"[?] player on the league but he not good enough for the Habs. I dont give a sht if he hasnt score in the playoff for 35 games, that wont last forever. Id be happy to see him on the first or second line with the Habs
Yeah well I cant belive there still are people who say Koivu isnt a 1st line center, he won the game against the leafs scoring pretty much 3 goals including his shootout, and lastnight against NY he scored twice to prompt us for a win. Hes our leader on the ice and in the dressing room.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Mike McPhee

Doesn't anyone else think that when Higgins comes back, Carbo will restore the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line? At the time, everyone was talking about how this was shaping up to be one of the premier lines in the NHL!

Where's the love for Higgins-Koivu-Ryder?

Mike McPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habman View Post
It is not like the moment they are seperated that they woould lose there chemistry forever, I mean change the lines up and see what happens. If the new combos dont work then put them back. I am not understanding the thick headedness of the coaching staffs in keeping Kpvy and Sammy together... It is not working so change the lines and see what gives. Yes that means breaking up the 1 and 3 line but the can always be put back later.

Habman
Thank you so much. You just conveyed the most obvious point that nobody seems to get. BonkJohnsonPerez will still have chem whether they're on seperate lines a few days or not.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptK View Post
Doesn't anyone else think that when Higgins comes back, Carbo will restore the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line? At the time, everyone was talking about how this was shaping up to be one of the premier lines in the NHL!

Where's the love for Higgins-Koivu-Ryder?
I won't speak for everyone else, but...

I'd like to spread the wealth to two lines.

The best playoff teams have 2 good offensive lines.

To tell you the truth...I don't care about premier lines in the NHL! (well, just a little).
Most important of all, I'd like for us to have 2 good/great lines, not just one. And, our 2 best (most consistent) offensive players are...Higgins and Koivu (Kovalev is the most talented but not the most consistent, but just wait and see for playoffs).

Why not TRY (at least TRY!) and separate Higgins and Koivu...if it doesn't work you can always put Higgins back with Koivu. Just like Carbo should TRY and separate Samsonov and Kovalev...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:26 AM
HabuseMoi

When is the last time Datsyuk scored a playoff goal?

huuuu some team in Russia?

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
. . . so then, you agree that perhaps Ryder or others may be traded or should if the right deal came along . . .or am I misreading what your saying
I do agree, I've never been against Ryder (or anybody) being moved if the return was right...but in your topic you made it sound like all four players you named *had* to be moved. Maybe I misunderstood.

If we could just get Datsyuk and Kovalev on the same team, we'd be set! One wakes up in the playoffs when the other one goes to sleep!

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Guy Damien Lafleur

Lines, The way they should be!

First of all, I like to say hi to all our Brothers out there! We are having one hell of a season, even though we are doing better than most analysts predicted, we as habs fans are always short on the fuse to complain about a player or the way are lines are performing. That's not our fault though, after all we have soo many cups that we cannot shut the closet door anymore.

Look guys this is the way see it with lines the wau it should be for best results this is IMO.

Latendresse Koivu Samsonov
Ryder Higgins Kovalev
Perezhogin Bonk Johnson
Streit Plekanec Begin

Line 1) Insert Samsonov to give him a chance to play with the best. I am sure Captain K can get his game going. We cannot have 2 players on line 2 that like to hold onto the puck.

Line 2) Ryder to replace Samsonov, Higgins at center, why? He is a natural center, is capable of holding onto the puck long enough to make aplay, tough in the corners. We definitely will not remove Latendresse from line 1. Hoggins can oly make the 2nd line stronger.

Line 3) I think we all agree to not touch this line. They are excellent!

Line 4) Plekanec back at center where he can excell as a defensive center, and Streit is 10 times better than Downey or Murray any day.

There you have guys this is the way I see things. I strongly believe that by making these changes we greatly balance out the lines and we will enjoy even more success that we allready been having.

The solutions are within our own court yard there is no need to make a trade.

Thanks for listening. I don't have much time to make posts, but I am here reading yours.

Keep up the good work Guys. Keep the Faith.

My real name is Gino and I am a Montrealer 38 years old.

Last edited by Guy Damien Lafleur: 12-08-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Guy Damien Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Dark4ng3l

Overall I like it but I get the feeling that there is no way that if carbo changes the lines to break up sammy/kovy that sammy is the guy going on the first line. I'm sure kovalev would get to play on the first.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I really don't agree with Higgins playing centre. He's a much better winger and he played this position since he turned pro. I'd even say that he became a great player because he was moved off the wing. Also, I really like his chemestry with Saku.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I believe Higgins fits better on the wing. He's great at winning board battles and forechecking.

I like you're first line though. Isn't Latendresse a right wing anyway.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
LeMAD

I don't like Higgins at center and that 4th line lacks grit.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Railman
Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I believe Higgins fits better on the wing. He's great at winning board battles and forechecking.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I like you're first line though. Isn't Latendresse a right wing anyway.
He can play on both wings. I can't figure out what is his natural position though. He is listed as a left winger on some sites (NHL, LHJMQ) and as a right winger on others (Canadiens).

Railman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:06 PM
SpreeEndaz

RE: Lines, The way they should be!

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
vcx*

Carbo sucks at putting lines together.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Maxpac

I'd try: Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Samsonov-Kovalev-Ryder

Maybe Ryder is the finisher the 2nd is lacking since the start of the year, or else put Latendresse to add a little more strengh, someone who'l stay put in fornt of the net will Sammy and Kovy dangle the puck everwhere except close to the net

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
zurg999

The Official Gazillionth line combination posting:

Ryder Koivu Kovy
Higgins Pleks (Latendresse or Sammy)
Perez Bonk Johnson
Begin and Sammy or Lats plus one of Streit/Dandy/Murray/Downey

I think this spreads the talent and grit out evenly. Secondary scoring is a real problem for this otherwise very good team.

As long as Pleks is being used as a centre I'd like to see him with Higgins again. They have proven chemsitry and this would solve the bubble boy syndrome on the 2nd line. Plus it gives us a elite first line.

I don't see Lats or Samsonov on the fourth as a detriment or a demotion and they shouldn't either. Carbo could switch them up depending who they're matched against and increase their ice time. Begin, Streit, Dandy etc. continue to create space and chances but it's frustrating when noboby can finish. If the fourth could score occasionally it would be a huge plus for the team and the team should come first.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
This could be heresy but why not move Sammy with Bonk and Johnson and prez up on the second line?

Old
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
yoteshot

Problems on the 4th line? Solution here

I am not the only one tired of seeing Murray on the 4th line. Many players could do a better job than him. Streit-Begin-*** would be better without murray.

-Option 1: Matthias Weinhandl is on waivers. He is fast and good defensively. He would help the offensive side of the 4th line without being bad defensively.

-Option 2: Maxim Lapierre: We all know him

-Option 3: Trade. I don't think it must be that hard to get a 4th line player via trade...

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Bryzga lol*

I believe Weinhandl cleared waivers. I don't think we need another forward, we've already got too many who are NHL ready.

my ideal 4th line would be:

Streit - Lapierre - Bégin

extra: Downey

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
kostitsyn1489

Higins is coming back soon so one of our current top 9 will play with Bégin and Streit. We dont need any other player.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Higins is coming back soon so one of our current top 9 will play with Bégin and Streit. We dont need any other player.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote