HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post
He could be interesting to see Despres to Colorado but no for McGinn

Downie ?
Downie is even more valuable then McGinn.

Were not, and shouldn't move any of our Top 9 right now. We might have a really deep top 9, but if we move even one of them, then the replacement is freaking No Pass Malkin or McCleod, 2 players who don't belong in any good Top 9's.

If were gonna trade for a Dman this year. It has to involve prospects or our 1st.

2014 1st + Wilson + Elliott/Sgarbossa is a damn fine package for a rebuilding team.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Especially if we target a Hejda-esque vet for that first pairing slot, someone who could bring the skill but also experience to stabilize that blue line next to EJ while also being an example to EJ, Barrie, Bigras and Elliott on how a stud puck mover does it in the NHL. That's why I like the idea of going after Campbell or erhoff so much.

This team has the raw young talent in place to win a cup, the issue is surrounding that young talent with the right experienced pieces to really draw that out of the kids and maximize their development. Giggy has done that for us in net, Staz did it for Duchene and O'Reilly, PAP's done it for Duchene and now MacKinnon, Hejda has done it for Barrie and will be an example for Siemens when he arrives, it's what separates a successful rebuild from an eternal one every bit as much as the talents you actually pick and the coach who brings it all together.

And we need one more vet, a first pairing lefty puckmover who can QB the PP.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:20 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
And we need one more vet, a first pairing lefty puckmover who can QB the PP.
D Christian Ehrhoff - BUF - 31 y/o - $4m cap hit until 2021

D Mark Giordano - CGY - 30 y/o - $4m cap hit until 2016

D Brian Campbell - FLA - 34 y/o - $7.15m cap hit until 2016

D Kimmo Timonen - PHI - 38 y/o - $6m cap hit until 2014

D Mark Streit - PHI - 35 y/o - $5.25m cap hit until 2016

Random option although I think he's done:

D Sergei Gonchar - DAL - 39 y/o - $5m cap hit until 2015

--

Giordano would cost the most, I'd imagine. I looked at the teams struggling and for left-handed defensemen either 30 or older who can move the puck well.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Avs71

What I like about Ehrhoff is the cap hit. The fact that the Avs could put 3 million dollars towards another defenceman. If you think about signing Phaneuf for close to 7 million versus getting Ehrhoff and then signing another steady vet.
Quote:
Ryan O'Reilly ($6.000m) / Matt Duchene ($6.000m) / Steve Downie ($4.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($5.571m) / Paul Stastny ($5.500m) / Alex Tanguay ($3.500m)
Jamie McGinn ($3.250m) / Nathan MacKinnon ($3.775m) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Patrick Bordeleau ($1.000m) / John Mitchell ($1.500m) / Cody McLeod ($1.150m)

Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m) / Erik Johnson ($3.750m)
Jan Hejda ($3.250m) / Dan Boyle ($5.000m)
Andre Benoit ($2.000m) / Tyson Barrie ($2.000m)

Semyon Varlamov ($4.500m)
Sami Aittokallio ($0.900m)
OTHER
Buyout: Greg Zanon ($0.750m)
------
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,396,429; BONUSES: $3,066,667
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,670,238

Old
10-21-2013, 10:43 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

I'd also look at the Rangers defenseman. If they continue to spiral I could see Del Zotto, Girardi and even Staal. Del Zotto in particular seems to have fallen out of favor, if be could package Elliot+ for him I would do it. It would only accelerate the rebuild.

Last edited by The Pwnerer: 10-21-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old
10-21-2013, 11:23 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
What I like about Ehrhoff is the cap hit. The fact that the Avs could put 3 million dollars towards another defenceman. If you think about signing Phaneuf for close to 7 million versus getting Ehrhoff and then signing another steady vet.
Why sign another defensemen if we add an erhoff or campbell?
Erhoff - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Wilson

Old
10-21-2013, 11:29 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Why sign another defensemen if we add an erhoff or campbell?
Erhoff - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Wilson
Benoit and Sarich are both UFAs this upcoming summer. I doubt we keep both of them, especially if we want to upgrade the D.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:45 AM
bromando

I think we should keep Benoit. He's been our 3rd best D man behind Hejda and EJ in my opinion. Also, he'll probably come cheap again and can eat minutes decently.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
EdAVSfan

Im surprised no one is mentioning Enstrom.

Offensively, hes as good if not better than both Campbell and Ehrhoff.

Hes the youngest of the 3 at 28, and is signed for 5.75 for 4 more years, after this year, essentially, the prime of his career.

Plays top pairing minutes, is left-handed, has smart and efficient gap-control as a dman, skates well, shoots well, passes well, and plays some PK time.

Winnipeg may be in position to move him as well since they have a ton of dmen. Bogo, Byfuglien, Trouba, Postma.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Benoit and Sarich are both UFAs this upcoming summer. I doubt we keep both of them, especially if we want to upgrade the D.
Ah, thought for some reason we were talking about going out and getting another vet. In the offseason I'd definitely hold onto Benoit, he's a good third pairing, should be cheap, will have had a year with the team already and he and Wilson could serve as good gate keepers on that third pairing for Bigras, Elliott and Siemens to beat out. I'd be down for getting an upgrade on Sarich to battle Wilson for that third pairing spot next to Benoit, but in my eyes the top 4 would be set with Soupy-EJ and Hejda-Barrie, so how much do you really gain from spending too much on an upgrade, especially since the hope would be that that upgrade gets beaten out within a year or two by the kids.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAVSfan View Post

Hes the youngest of the 3 at 28, and is signed for 5.75 for 4 more years, after this year, essentially, the prime of his career.

Plays top pairing minutes, is left-handed, has smart and efficient gap-control as a dman, skates well, shoots well, passes well, and plays some PK time.

Winnipeg may be in position to move him as well since they have a ton of dmen. Bogo, Byfuglien, Trouba, Postma.
Acquisition cost, guys like erhoff and soupy may be available for a combination of piece that don't mess with our core, 1st round pick, Elliott, Wilson, Sgarbossa, etc, Enstrom would not. That said if we have to trade Ryan because he won't re-sign for a reasonable rate, I'd be ok with a trade around Enstrom and O'Reilly, but I'd rather retain our core and an older guy without disrupting what we've got going.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:

IMO Enstrom is just too small. He can't handle playing the big teams in the west and will end up being injured, which he already has a history of.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

Same division, not gonna happen. Winnipeg is not going to help us, unless we overpay big time.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
IMO Enstrom is just too small. He can't handle playing the big teams in the west and will end up being injured, which he already has a history of.
The guy keeps taking massive hits. He's rather durable considering how badly he's been crushed in his career. But his size is a problem since he keeps getting launched into the boards when hit.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
kento19
@kento19

Wilson is awful. Barrie needs to be in next game.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Same division, not gonna happen. Winnipeg is not going to help us, unless we overpay big time.
There's only four divisions now. Teams are going to have to trade with one another at some point. They can't just remove 6-7 teams from being possible trade partners. Not with how hard it is to make trades in general with the cap.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
He's only had 2 seasons that he missed considerable time 20 games for each. Not much of a history. He's also as big as guys like rafalski and Timonen who both played in the west and had success. If Enstrom ever becomes available( he won't) the avs should definitely seek in acquiring him... This myth will never die I guess.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Really? I thought Wilson was just fine. He'd be a lot better out there if he had a more powerful shot.

One thing we need pretty bad right now is a grease guy who gets goals in front of the net. Right now rebounds come right out in front and we don't have a guy out there to plunk 'em in. The power play would be a lot more effective if we had a Marek Svatos/Tomas Holmstrom-type guy who stayed in the slot. Right now they leave the slot empty and have someone crash from on high--it's not really working consistently though.

The power play is also terrible right now controlling it down low. Losing way too many battles in the corners and behind the net. The opposition already knows an aggressive PK will disrupt what the Avs have going. But getting a guy in the slot will help that as well.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:55 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1521239

Old
10-21-2013, 09:57 PM
BrickAHL
No More

Lol, some of those posters wouldn't even trade Marchand for ROR straight up.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Personally, I'd rather keep Radar than trade him for Marchand aka Petrie from the Land Before Time.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
I saw that as well. Just laughable. O'Reilly+ for Marchand? Kelly+2nd+Bartkowski? Koko+pick? Even the worst Leaf fan will offer something better than that.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Really Svatos kind of a guy? he would last one season front of the net and he'd be finished. Svatos had crazy attitude, you just had to love the guy.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Good Lord, 1st and a 2nd AND Marchand? Hell I'd take the 1st by itself without hesitation.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:01 PM
BrickAHL
No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I saw that as well. Just laughable. O'Reilly+ for Marchand? Kelly+2nd+Bartkowski? Koko+pick? Even the worst Leaf fan will offer something better than that.
Who is Koko?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out that it was Alexander Khokhlachev.

Closed Thread