HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose St. Charles Chill Thread

Old
10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

vCash: 500
I was surprised by the Mobley cut as well. Impressed me everytime I saw him on the ice.

The Blues haven't sent anyone down yet, but just out of speculation, I wouldn't be shocked to see Ponich, Wannstrom, or Shattock sent down. They'd get the ice time they need to develop and being in the Blues back yard, it would benefit all involved.

Will have an article up between 7-8 this evening.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
intangible

The CHL is so low I can't imagine the Blues sending anyone down there unless it was a conditioning assignment.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

This is pretty cool. Blues fans will get to see developing players without having to make the long trip to chicago. This should be good for all parties involved.

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Roster Moves And New Affiliation, Good a For Chill

Old
10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
I was surprised by the Mobley cut as well. Impressed me everytime I saw him on the ice.

The Blues haven't sent anyone down yet, but just out of speculation, I wouldn't be shocked to see Ponich, Wannstrom, or Shattock sent down. They'd get the ice time they need to develop and being in the Blues back yard, it would benefit all involved.

Will have an article up between 7-8 this evening.
It would be scary enough to see Ponich or Wännström sent to Kalamazoo, let alone The CHL. That's a pretty low level. I'd only expect The Blues' lowest level pro rookies sent there. The ECHL is two levels higher.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It would be scary enough to see Ponich or Wännström sent to Kalamazoo, let alone The CHL. That's a pretty low level. I'd only expect The Blues' lowest level pro rookies sent there. The ECHL is two levels higher.
With Hakanpaa, Shields, Fairchild, Edmundson, Regner, Oberg, and Chorney in Chicago, Ponich doesn't have a spot. The Blues, technically aren't affiliated with Kalamazoo, the Wolves are, unless I missed that affiliation.

Players being sent from the AHL to the CHL isn't uncommon. Corbeil who will start for the Chill was sent up and down last season from the AHL to the CHL. Same with Kellan Tochkin who was teammates with Corbeil last season.

Wannstrom really doesn't have a spot either, so it's very possible.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
With Hakanpaa, Shields, Fairchild, Edmundson, Regner, Oberg, and Chorney in Chicago, Ponich doesn't have a spot. The Blues, technically aren't affiliated with Kalamazoo, the Wolves are, unless I missed that affiliation.

Players being sent from the AHL to the CHL isn't uncommon. Corbeil who will start for the Chill was sent up and down last season from the AHL to the CHL. Same with Kellan Tochkin who was teammates with Corbeil last season.

I thought that due to The Blues' working agreement with The Wolves, that once a Blues'-owned player is assigned to Chicago, Chicago can re-assign them downwards (including to Kalamazoo), without The Blues' interference (as part of a joint Blues'/Wolves' system.

Is my assumption incorrect?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 04:13 AM
BlueSinceBirth

The Blues and Canucks share Kalamazoo (The Blues logo is even on their website). It probably isn't a good sign for a prospect if they get sent down to the Chill.

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 05:12 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
A win-win scenario, with the Chill right here in the Blues backyard, I applaud the move.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

The St. Charles Chill Earn A Point In A 3-2 Shootout Loss To The Missouri Mavericks

Old
10-20-2013, 11:51 PM
intangible

My thoughts:

- Corbeil saved the Chill's ***** way more than he should have had to.
- #5 on D (Brown?) is a pylon. Got walked almost every play that came in on him.
- This team needs Mobley's speed badly. They looked limp.
- PP needs a ton of work.

I give them credit for only having two weeks to get their stuff together, but they have a long way to go before they stop relying on Corbeil. I hope he stays with the Chill all season, because Moss looked terrible in the pregame; just as had as he looked in the camp scrimmage I attended.

p.s. Could you seriously not find a shell for Corbeil's Vancouver pants? Everyone else on the team had shells except Corbeil. I'm half surprised the CHL would even let him play out of uniform. Looked bush league.

p.s.s. I found it particularly disgusting that the spotlight guy was up there smoking with his buddy the entire game. It kept floating down to us fans right beneath him.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Intangible, I'll be honest, I didn't see the spotlight guy smoking, but I'll bring it up to see if we can have that fixed.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:05 AM
intangible

I don't think too many people noticed, but I have a very sensitive nose and smelled it. At first I thought it was a guy near me who was apparently smoking an ecig, but then I looked up and the guy was up there sitting on a chair talking to his buddy and smoking a real cigarette.

I appreciate you bringing it up!

Otherwise, the game was a very fun time. I think with time, like Corbeil said in your article, the team will really gel. They really, really need to work on speed.. I really thought they missed Mobley's speed and tenacity out there.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:

No one from the AHL will be sent down unless its with conditioning. At least in this case.

Daley Tarasenkshow is online now   Reply With Quote