HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Matt4776

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Mortinweig is a ******* moron. 2 incomplete passes. In the drive NE actually only used 1 TO but if they had only had 1 TO to work with it may have caused them to fail. Then again it may have caused them to go no huddle even faster and score a TD. In the end terrible calls. 3rd and 5 all you need is 2 more yards for a makeable FG and we give it to Bohanon AGAIN for a 2 yard LOSS. Thank God the ref gives us the most ticky tack call ever. Rushing 2 and 3 guys at the end. I want Rex for at least 1 more season but I'm getting more and more pissed off especially at his inability to close games late Defensively during his entire run as NYJ coach. Him and Rob

If this Jets team loses the rest of their games this season idc they're one of the greatest Jets teams of all time now lol
********. If Cumberland catches that pass, it's game over before it even goes into OT. Perfect play call, perfect throw, another drop. Not a good game for Jeff.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

vCash: 500
Drafting Calvin Johnson and AJ Green back to back was a great move.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
********. If Cumberland catches that pass, it's game over before it even goes into OT. Perfect play call, perfect throw, another drop. Not a good game for Jeff.
Yep. THat should have iced the game. I cannot believe he dropped that ball.

Old
10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
He went for it. It should have worked but it's too much of a risk and we didn't deliver. NE player hits his other arm before the ball too. Still he's made a fair share of play calling mistakes. Again TWO incomplete passes not one> Also you need 2 or 3 yards for a winning FG. Why the ******* shotgun to Bohanon for a 2 yard loss? Awful call

Old
10-20-2013, 06:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
He went for it. It should have worked but it's too much of a risk and we didn't deliver. NE player hits his other arm before the ball too. Still he's made a fair share of play calling mistakes. Again TWO incomplete passes not one> Also you need 2 or 3 yards for a winning FG. Why the ******* shotgun to Bohanon for a 2 yard loss? Awful call
The top teams in the league can make those plays. Teams like Green Bay, Denver, New England don't necessarily just run it nonstop to chew up the clock. They are confident enough to throw the ball when they have their foot on the opponents neck. I don't mind the call. I hate it when we're too conservative.

It's just pain.
Old
10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Chris Johnson has actually helped my fantasy team.

What is this madness....

10-20-2013, 06:19 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The top teams in the league can make those plays. Teams like Green Bay, Denver, New England don't necessarily just run it nonstop to chew up the clock. They are confident enough to throw the ball when they have their foot on the opponents neck. I don't mind the call. I hate it when we're too conservative.
TWO incomplete passes is inexcusable. One I'd understand. Not two. Jets aren't even close to being a top team offensively so it doesn't really mean much.

Old
10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Cumberland needs to catch that ball, guy was stone hands today, complete opposite of Nelson and Kerley, who seemed like they caught everything.

Old
10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

The Jets beating the Pats is awesome. Miami has looked terrible during their three game losing streak, that #2 spot is easily up for grabs.

Hoping for Chiefs/Jets in the first round

10-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Matt4776

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Cumberland needs to catch that ball, guy was stone hands today, complete opposite of Nelson and Kerley, who seemed like they caught everything.
Indeed. Cumberland dropped another 1st down pass and dropped a TD earlier in the game. This is why he'd make a good #2 option, but surely shouldn't be relied on to be our long-term #1 TE yet.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:27 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
The Jets beating the Pats is awesome. Miami has looked terrible during their three game losing streak, that #2 spot is easily up for grabs.

Hoping for Chiefs/Jets in the first round
Congrats to the Chiefs. Its been a tough road for them over the years. They finally have a great coach in Andy reid and a good QB in Smith and are undefeated

Old
10-21-2013, 07:35 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Speaking of blitzing--the Jets rushed more than four on only 12% of Brady's drop-backs. That's not much at all. The team is able to generate a lot of pressure with just four rushers as Big Snacks collapses the pocket, and teams can't double both Wilkerson and Richardson. Those three are amazing.

Old
10-21-2013, 08:37 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Great win for the Jets yesterday. Huge win. Congratulations, guys!

For the G-Men tonight... If I was Perry Fewell, I would make it well known to the Linebackers tonight that the fight for next years jobs begins TONIGHT. I'm looking for someone to step up and have a huge game against AP. Looking for someone to get into the backfield quickly on blitzes and force whoever is playing QB for the Vikings tonight into bad decisions.

I'm looking at Beason and Paysinger to step up tonight.

Miracle run to the playoffs begins at 830

Old
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

No Jacobs tonight?

Looks like it's Petyon Hillis time. Looks like Eli is going to have to throw 50+ attempts

Should use Hillis on 1st and 2nd down, Conner on 3rd.

Last edited by silverfish: 10-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old
10-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

I'd rather see Cox than Hillis.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'd rather see Cox than Hillis.
I haven't seen enough from Cox, really. I want to see what Hillis can do.

Somebody is going to have to step up and earn it tonight though.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Yeah, but Cox is the future. Our jackass head coach needs to start playing the kids. I'm getting sick of watching them all be benched every game since they aren't 30 years old.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:02 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
Yeah, but Cox is the future. Our jackass head coach needs to start playing the kids. I'm getting sick of watching them all be benched every game since they aren't 30 years old.
It's true. I don't know if there's a better opportunity to give the kids a shot than when you're 0-6. I mean, the second the Giants are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I want Nassib getting reps every game - if not full games.

On the other hand, it's never a bad thing to have a veteran around who can push the kid to play better.

I still want to win games this year, I think we have a better shot at doing that with Hillis than Cox. Either way, I trust TC to give the ball to whoever shows they deserve it tonight.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

I don't want us to win games and lose out on Clowney now that we are 0-6. Let's not waste our future for some pointless wins.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:47 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
I don't want us to win games and lose out on Clowney now that we are 0-6. Let's not waste our future for some pointless wins.
And there is our difference fundamentally. Henceforth, we will agree on nothing for the rest of the season

Old
10-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
And there is our difference fundamentally. Henceforth, we will agree on nothing for the rest of the season
I was with you until this past week. I'm jumping ship, now. This team needs to lose. We need that game-changing player.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
I was with you until this past week. I'm jumping ship, now. This team needs to lose. We need that game-changing player.
Clowney is certainly that guy. I just can't/won't root for my teams to lose. It's too far engrained in my that winning is everything. I think it's better for the young guys we have now on the team, to not be put into a losing environment. A 2-14 season because the team "gave up" isn't something that is god for the progression of the players already on this team. It's amazing how contagious losing and winning can be.

Would rather go 6-10 fighting hard every game. and pick anywhere from 7-15, than tank to 2-14 and pick first every season.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Clowney is certainly that guy. I just can't/won't root for my teams to lose. It's too far engrained in my that winning is everything. I think it's better for the young guys we have now on the team, to not be put into a losing environment. A 2-14 season because the team "gave up" isn't something that is god for the progression of the players already on this team. It's amazing how contagious losing and winning can be.

Would rather go 6-10 fighting hard every game. and pick anywhere from 7-15, than tank to 2-14 and pick first every season.
6-10 and lose a good pick? Yuck. If we are going to suck this year, I want the pick that goes with it.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Let's go Vikings!

Old
10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
nyrleetch

I had a dream the Giants lost 4-0. Eli was pulled for some guy I've never heard in my life lol.

Closed Thread