HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
  #401
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Mortinweig is a ******* moron. 2 incomplete passes. In the drive NE actually only used 1 TO but if they had only had 1 TO to work with it may have caused them to fail. Then again it may have caused them to go no huddle even faster and score a TD. In the end terrible calls. 3rd and 5 all you need is 2 more yards for a makeable FG and we give it to Bohanon AGAIN for a 2 yard LOSS. Thank God the ref gives us the most ticky tack call ever. Rushing 2 and 3 guys at the end. I want Rex for at least 1 more season but I'm getting more and more pissed off especially at his inability to close games late Defensively during his entire run as NYJ coach. Him and Rob

If this Jets team loses the rest of their games this season idc they're one of the greatest Jets teams of all time now lol
********. If Cumberland catches that pass, it's game over before it even goes into OT. Perfect play call, perfect throw, another drop. Not a good game for Jeff.

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
  #402
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Drafting Calvin Johnson and AJ Green back to back was a great move.

Groot is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  #403
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
********. If Cumberland catches that pass, it's game over before it even goes into OT. Perfect play call, perfect throw, another drop. Not a good game for Jeff.
Yep. THat should have iced the game. I cannot believe he dropped that ball.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
  #404
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
********. If Cumberland catches that pass, it's game over before it even goes into OT. Perfect play call, perfect throw, another drop. Not a good game for Jeff.
He went for it. It should have worked but it's too much of a risk and we didn't deliver. NE player hits his other arm before the ball too. Still he's made a fair share of play calling mistakes. Again TWO incomplete passes not one> Also you need 2 or 3 yards for a winning FG. Why the ******* shotgun to Bohanon for a 2 yard loss? Awful call

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:16 PM
  #405
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,190
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
He went for it. It should have worked but it's too much of a risk and we didn't deliver. NE player hits his other arm before the ball too. Still he's made a fair share of play calling mistakes. Again TWO incomplete passes not one> Also you need 2 or 3 yards for a winning FG. Why the ******* shotgun to Bohanon for a 2 yard loss? Awful call
The top teams in the league can make those plays. Teams like Green Bay, Denver, New England don't necessarily just run it nonstop to chew up the clock. They are confident enough to throw the ball when they have their foot on the opponents neck. I don't mind the call. I hate it when we're too conservative.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  #406
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 61,917
vCash: 50
Chris Johnson has actually helped my fantasy team.

What is this madness....

__________________
"Hate won't get you high as this. Levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate". -Kendrick Lamar
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:19 PM
  #407
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The top teams in the league can make those plays. Teams like Green Bay, Denver, New England don't necessarily just run it nonstop to chew up the clock. They are confident enough to throw the ball when they have their foot on the opponents neck. I don't mind the call. I hate it when we're too conservative.
TWO incomplete passes is inexcusable. One I'd understand. Not two. Jets aren't even close to being a top team offensively so it doesn't really mean much.

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
  #408
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The top teams in the league can make those plays. Teams like Green Bay, Denver, New England don't necessarily just run it nonstop to chew up the clock. They are confident enough to throw the ball when they have their foot on the opponents neck. I don't mind the call. I hate it when we're too conservative.
Cumberland needs to catch that ball, guy was stone hands today, complete opposite of Nelson and Kerley, who seemed like they caught everything.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
  #409
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,804
vCash: 50
The Jets beating the Pats is awesome. Miami has looked terrible during their three game losing streak, that #2 spot is easily up for grabs.

Hoping for Chiefs/Jets in the first round

__________________
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  #410
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Cumberland needs to catch that ball, guy was stone hands today, complete opposite of Nelson and Kerley, who seemed like they caught everything.
Indeed. Cumberland dropped another 1st down pass and dropped a TD earlier in the game. This is why he'd make a good #2 option, but surely shouldn't be relied on to be our long-term #1 TE yet.

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 07:27 PM
  #411
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
The Jets beating the Pats is awesome. Miami has looked terrible during their three game losing streak, that #2 spot is easily up for grabs.

Hoping for Chiefs/Jets in the first round
Congrats to the Chiefs. Its been a tough road for them over the years. They finally have a great coach in Andy reid and a good QB in Smith and are undefeated

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 07:35 AM
  #412
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,190
vCash: 50
Awards:
Speaking of blitzing--the Jets rushed more than four on only 12% of Brady's drop-backs. That's not much at all. The team is able to generate a lot of pressure with just four rushers as Big Snacks collapses the pocket, and teams can't double both Wilkerson and Richardson. Those three are amazing.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 08:37 AM
  #413
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Great win for the Jets yesterday. Huge win. Congratulations, guys!

For the G-Men tonight... If I was Perry Fewell, I would make it well known to the Linebackers tonight that the fight for next years jobs begins TONIGHT. I'm looking for someone to step up and have a huge game against AP. Looking for someone to get into the backfield quickly on blitzes and force whoever is playing QB for the Vikings tonight into bad decisions.

I'm looking at Beason and Paysinger to step up tonight.

Miracle run to the playoffs begins at 830

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
  #414
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
No Jacobs tonight?

Looks like it's Petyon Hillis time. Looks like Eli is going to have to throw 50+ attempts

Should use Hillis on 1st and 2nd down, Conner on 3rd.


Last edited by silverfish: 10-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:48 AM
  #415
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I'd rather see Cox than Hillis.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  #416
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'd rather see Cox than Hillis.
I haven't seen enough from Cox, really. I want to see what Hillis can do.

Somebody is going to have to step up and earn it tonight though.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:50 AM
  #417
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Yeah, but Cox is the future. Our jackass head coach needs to start playing the kids. I'm getting sick of watching them all be benched every game since they aren't 30 years old.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:02 AM
  #418
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, but Cox is the future. Our jackass head coach needs to start playing the kids. I'm getting sick of watching them all be benched every game since they aren't 30 years old.
It's true. I don't know if there's a better opportunity to give the kids a shot than when you're 0-6. I mean, the second the Giants are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I want Nassib getting reps every game - if not full games.

On the other hand, it's never a bad thing to have a veteran around who can push the kid to play better.

I still want to win games this year, I think we have a better shot at doing that with Hillis than Cox. Either way, I trust TC to give the ball to whoever shows they deserve it tonight.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
  #419
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I don't want us to win games and lose out on Clowney now that we are 0-6. Let's not waste our future for some pointless wins.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:47 AM
  #420
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't want us to win games and lose out on Clowney now that we are 0-6. Let's not waste our future for some pointless wins.
And there is our difference fundamentally. Henceforth, we will agree on nothing for the rest of the season

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  #421
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
And there is our difference fundamentally. Henceforth, we will agree on nothing for the rest of the season
I was with you until this past week. I'm jumping ship, now. This team needs to lose. We need that game-changing player.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
  #422
silverfish
Bow ties are cool
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabet Soup
Country: United States
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I was with you until this past week. I'm jumping ship, now. This team needs to lose. We need that game-changing player.
Clowney is certainly that guy. I just can't/won't root for my teams to lose. It's too far engrained in my that winning is everything. I think it's better for the young guys we have now on the team, to not be put into a losing environment. A 2-14 season because the team "gave up" isn't something that is god for the progression of the players already on this team. It's amazing how contagious losing and winning can be.

Would rather go 6-10 fighting hard every game. and pick anywhere from 7-15, than tank to 2-14 and pick first every season.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
  #423
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 94,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Clowney is certainly that guy. I just can't/won't root for my teams to lose. It's too far engrained in my that winning is everything. I think it's better for the young guys we have now on the team, to not be put into a losing environment. A 2-14 season because the team "gave up" isn't something that is god for the progression of the players already on this team. It's amazing how contagious losing and winning can be.

Would rather go 6-10 fighting hard every game. and pick anywhere from 7-15, than tank to 2-14 and pick first every season.
6-10 and lose a good pick? Yuck. If we are going to suck this year, I want the pick that goes with it.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
  #424
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 9,146
vCash: 500
Let's go Vikings!

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
  #425
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,278
vCash: 500
I had a dream the Giants lost 4-0. Eli was pulled for some guy I've never heard in my life lol.

nyrleetch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.