HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Not quite the same, lol. Hot chicken is a LOT spicier than anything you'll get at Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A. At least, the times I've had it were much hotter than anything I've ever had at a fast food place. I can't say for sure that it's a universal constant.
Well, for instance, on the website for 400 degrees you have 3 options of spicyness. I can start in the middle (200 degrees) and decide my taste from there.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:53 PM
crediblepest
Bern-YAY!

Guys. Leafs fan taking his girlfriend to her first hockey game, shes really picky with food. (No BBQ) so any suggestions? Closest to arena would be ideal.

crediblepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:57 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by crediblepest View Post
Guys. Leafs fan taking his girlfriend to her first hockey game, shes really picky with food. (No BBQ) so any suggestions? Closest to arena would be ideal.
The arena is in the heart of downtown. Anything she likes is available within a few minutes walk from the turnstiles.

What type of food are you thinking?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'll be down this Sat for the Sports career fair before the game. Hopefully I can kickstart my life.
So will you be staying for the game, as well? You know where to find us. My eyes have grown dim, though--you'll probably have to come up and say hi. :-( Guess that's the trade off for not dying lo these past mumbly mumbly years.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The arena is in the heart of downtown. Anything she likes is available within a few minutes walk from the turnstiles.

What type of food are you thinking?
Basically this. You can eat so many different things right outside the arena with a few blocks.

Old
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

You can find all this within about 5 blocks of the arena:
The Palm (across street--fancy!)
Sportsgrille (across street--a sports bar but with pretty good hotel food)
Ichiban--sushi
Paradise Park--good basic food
The Southern--oyster bar but also something grilled that smells delicious when we go by
Morton's--steak
Rock Bottom--good basic food
Brewhouse--good basic food
Sole Mio--Italian
Joe's Crab Shack--turkey and dressing. J/K

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
You can find all this within about 5 blocks of the arena:
The Palm (across street--fancy!)
Sportsgrille (across street--a sports bar but with pretty good hotel food)
Ichiban--sushi
Paradise Park--good basic food
The Southern--oyster bar but also something grilled that smells delicious when we go by
Morton's--steak
Rock Bottom--good basic food
Brewhouse--good basic food
Sole Mio--Italian
Joe's Crab Shack--turkey and dressing. J/K
I'm a huge Paradise Park homer, but when you take the cheap drinks, atmosphere, gathering of hockey fans, and their great food....I think it's the ultimate pregame spot. I would certainly assume an out-of-towner would find it interesting. A honky tonk music bar named after a trailer park........with all hockey fans inside.

Actually saw an article recently naming it as one of the best "hole-in-the-wall" bars in the US.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crediblepest View Post

Dump her... j/k

Taco Mamacita is alright and is maybe 10 min away

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
So will you be staying for the game, as well? You know where to find us. My eyes have grown dim, though--you'll probably have to come up and say hi. :-( Guess that's the trade off for not dying lo these past mumbly mumbly years.
I'll try and hunt you down

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Prince's hotness scale:

super mild, mild, medium, hot, super hot, extra super mega hot

I had the medium and was sweating withing 30s of eating.

Pepperfire's scale is similar.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:19 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
Sounds as if you like history, so I'll orient my response towards those types of attractions.

Definitely do the state capitol, they redid it a few years ago and it looks really great. There is also the Bicentennial Mall down the hill from the capitol which has a walking timeline of important events in TN history that I think is awesome as well. The TN farmer's market is next door and has several good options for a cheap but good lunch (Jamaicaway and Nooley's are my faves).

The state museum has some great exhibits and I'd also say is well worth it. It has the battle flag of the CSS Alabama (which gives me a kick every time cause I know it must tick off Alabamians to no end) and several other interesting Civil War exhibits.

Fort Negley, although pleasant, is pretty much just a city park. An alternative is to see Belle Meade Plantation, its a museum that focuses on interpreting a Southern antebellum estate (the famous Loveless Cafe is in that direction as well). I'd also say check out the Parthenon in Centennial Park if you haven't seen it.

Yazoo's awesome and there's another brewery a couple blocks by called Jackalope that's pretty good to check out as well.

Enjoy Nashville! And remember for future visits, there's alot of other Civil War stuff in the region (Franklin, Spring Hill, Stone's River, etc).
History is definitely my focus, thanks for all the info! Sounds like the capitol area has plenty for an afternoon and that I shouldn't have any trouble finding something interesting on subsequent visits.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:25 AM
AintLifeGrand

My upcoming trip to Smashville just got 10x better
Perds game on Thurs
Down day on Friday
Dawgs on Sat
and Luke Bryan on Sat night (for the lady)

Old
10-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Perds game on Thurs
Down day on Friday
Dawgs on Sat
and Luke Bryan on Sat night (for the lady)
Mine will be awesome soon as well

10.22.13: NIN w/GYBE!
10.24.13: Preds-Jets game
10.26.13: My So Called Band ... yeah, I'm a kid of the 90's (I hate Blues fans)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Perds game on Thurs
Down day on Friday
Dawgs on Sat
hell yeah!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
My favorites ranked

1) Pepperfire on Gallatin Pike
2) Bishop's in Franklin
3) 400 Degrees on Rutledge Hill (only 5 or so blocks from Bridgestone, by far nearest to downtown)
4) Prince's in a sketch strip center in North Nashville, this is the original though

Don't do Hattie B's, its for the tourists and no bueno imo

Oh, and they're supposedly going to start serving hot chicken in the arena this season...no idea on how good it is though
Nashville weekend Trip Report:

Thursday

Preds game was awesome, even if it ended in an OT L. Went with future father in-law who does business with one of Poile's friends. Poile hooked it up with some good seats in 108.

Enjoyed the Yazoo Dos Perros brews on tap and the Poutine
Friday
Went to Hattie B's since Gf's parents wanted to go there.

I was really looking fwd to my first Hot Chicken experience but was kind of underwhelmed; Thought the chicken lacked depth of flavor

Hit up Fly South across the street for some Patagonia stuff, cool little story.

Will Try Prince's next time

Spent afternoon on Broadway.. too touristy for my speed but can see how it could be fun

Enjoyed ML Rose on Friday Night after hanging out at Rock Bottom ( it was alright)

Sat
Vandy game was chill despite the L. Left early into 3rd qtr to slum it in the Marriott Hotel Lobby with other Rad UGA fans

Luke Bryan concert was whatever, charity for GF; Dierks Bentley opened and appreciated him for his Pred's allegiance.

Solid weekend all around

Old
10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Thursday

Preds game was awesome, even if it ended in an OT L. Went with future father in-law who does business with one of Poile's friends. Poile hooked it up with some good seats in 108.

Friday

I was really looking fwd to my first Hot Chicken experience but was kind of underwhelmed; Thought the chicken lacked depth of flavor

Spent afternoon on Broadway.. too touristy for my speed but can see how it could be fun

Enjoyed ML Rose on Friday Night after hanging out at Rock Bottom ( it was alright)

Sat
Vandy game was chill despite the L. Left early into 3rd qtr to slum it in the Marriott Hotel Lobby with other Rad UGA fans

Luke Bryan concert was whatever, charity for GF; Dierks Bentley opened and appreciated him for his Pred's allegiance.

Solid weekend all around
Sounds like a fun trip regardless. I would like to have another weekend trip in ATL myself.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:

Thursday

Friday

Sat

Solid weekend all around
Broadway is extremely touristy on weekdays. It's much better on weekends or Preds game nights, etc. A much different vibe. Definitely a fun clash of cultures.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
The PH Factor

Quote:

Thursday

(SNIP)

Solid weekend all around
Glad to hear you had such a good time. I was in town recently and had to lead a gaggle of Germans around so I've got a bunch more tips up my sleeve if you need more for future -Ville excursions.

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:02 PM
TNPredsFan

Hey, gang. My husband and I will be doing our first road trip of the season to NashVegas for the Thanksgiving Day game vs. the Oilers. I haven't been to Nashville since earlier this summer, and I was curious as to what the parking situation is like downtown since the new Convention Center opened. Any locations just to just flat-out avoid?

TNPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:07 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPredsFan View Post
Hey, gang. My husband and I will be doing our first road trip of the season to NashVegas for the Thanksgiving Day game vs. the Oilers. I haven't been to Nashville since earlier this summer, and I was curious as to what the parking situation is like downtown since the new Convention Center opened. Any locations just to just flat-out avoid?
I've parked over at LP Field (the Titans' stadium) the last couple of games and it worked out great. It's free parking, and just a quick walk over the foot bridge to the arena. I believe they run a shuttle as well, but you have to pay to use it. If you can deal with walking a few blocks it's a great option.

According to this site, the shuttle is $3 per person: http://www.parkitdowntown.com/parkin...-event-parking

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I've parked over at LP Field (the Titans' stadium) the last couple of games and it worked out great. It's free parking, and just a quick walk over the foot bridge to the arena. I believe they run a shuttle as well, but you have to pay to use it. If you can deal with walking a few blocks it's a great option.

According to this site, the shuttle is $3 per person: http://www.parkitdowntown.com/parkin...-event-parking
I concur. I've been parking over in Lot R for several seasons now and have been very happy with the arrangement. AWESOME VIEW OF THE CITY TOO! My kids complain a bit about the walk but get awed by the view enough to quit griping!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPredsFan View Post
'IF' you don't mind paying to park and want to be near the arena, I would suggest parking at the MCC. I have parked there for every game so far, and have not had any problems.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:29 PM
TNPredsFan

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!

TNPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Hey Ducks fan here. I'll be moving to Georgia in about a week and plan on making the trip to see the game on the 8th of February. My question is about the tickets. Are they generally pretty easy to get or do games sell out often? Should I be looking to buy them now and also are there any seats I should avoid getting? I know in the Honda Center just about all the seats give a good view so I was wondering if its the same for you guys. Cheers!

SugarSherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSherm View Post
Hey Ducks fan here. I'll be moving to Georgia in about a week and plan on making the trip to see the game on the 8th of February. My question is about the tickets. Are they generally pretty easy to get or do games sell out often? Should I be looking to buy them now and also are there any seats I should avoid getting? I know in the Honda Center just about all the seats give a good view so I was wondering if its the same for you guys. Cheers!
Saturday games typically sell out, but it really depends if the team continues its current freefall. You should not have any issues getting tickets - from the team's ticket exchange to sites like Stubhub and even scalpers around Bridgestone Arena - you will find it easy to get them.

I haven't sat in a bad seat in the place for a game - but I haven't sat all over the arena either. But I think you will find that you won't have any issues. Have a good time there - and go enjoy the places on Broadway after

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote